ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Black 1.2 16v. Not for long....

1.6 Astra Sporthatch
Which bulbs did you have before? I think you're right about the colour change. I'd look it up and print off the legislation and keep it in the boot if you wrap it again. Shame about the blue though! Just means you have an excuse to go to another colour if you want ;)

French yellow headlights and main beam. I have also been told that they were legal as well but yeah might do that and keep it in the car. Same with my insurance policy

That's exactly what i wad thinking llf. Have a colour in mind as well. Wont be doing it till after m.o.t. In January though. Money depending also.

Right time for an update i think!

Well as mentioned above the car is now black due to getting stopped and the police being unhappy that it wasn't declared, any way i know i could have declared it but it was looking a little rough. Especially at the arches where it used to scrub, below the boot where i have ripped it taking things in and out and places on bumper and arches where i have been a bit rough whilst using tools.

Since my last update a few more things have been changed but unfortunately cant upload pics just now as in at work.

So heres 2 lists of what i have been busy doing and what other plans i have in mind.

First of all my car was in desperate need of a new back box as it was blowing. So i set about fitting a new one and at the same time new rear and centre hangers and a new centre section.

I have removed a few things i have gotten bored of such as windscreen sticker and that gay flowery thing from my rear view mirror.

Biggest part of the update will be the rear of the car as it was a case of removing the back seats and off to b&q to buy a sheet of 8ft x 4ft mdf think it was 12mm thick. Yes you guessed it. False floor. Along with the wood i also bought 6 meters of suede fabric and a few ins of spray glue.

Whilst buying all this i went online and ordered my self a 10" bass tube subwoofer and an amp and wiring kit to go with it!

When it came to the day of cutting the wood i thought of the idea of cutting out a hole in the centre of the rear of the false floor for the sub to sit in. which has worked out great as you will see when i upload pics as in really happy with the finished outcome.

Now for the rest of my "boot build" I got everything mounted in and wired up and felt their was something missing, So back online i went and ordered an omp rear strut brace. Got that fitted the minute it was delivered. After that was having a quick look for some ideas on here and quickly decided i wanted a rear half cage and with no mucking about i ordered my self a rear half cage with single cross bar (bolt in kind) This is yet to be fitted though.

Other things are just small really, I have cleaned up my rear lights as they were getting a bit grubby, replaced my yellow headlights with ice white ones and also as mentioned above, put in a new head unit as the wiring behind the old one was a mess and was blowing fuses! So that's all sorted now.

Plans so far are to basically keep the car clean and tidy, get the cage painted and fitted. Also got in mind a new set of alloys. Also not to sure if i will re wrap the car now. Im liking the shine from a painted surface! But all the grey plastic mouldings will be getting wrapped gloss black anyway if i decide not to re wrap.

I will upload pics tomorrow when i get a chance.

A few more ideas are carbon fibre wing mirrors and to maybe change the splitter for a carbon one or maybe an oem one as i have the old one lying around.

Also new floor mats and possibly an rs grill.

Also need to desperatly find a better place for my number plate as its ruining the look of the car.

Whats the front bumper like now its black as i thought you straight wrapped it instead of painting it before wrapping? need to see pics though, whatever state its in, everyone likes pics ;)

Titanium 182
Just get the whole 'shocking after insurance problems' pictures up ;) as luke said, need to see this bumper

Pics as promised.

First of all as mentioned was the false floor.

temporary_zps5c4b8c1e.png

temporary_zpsf0b4a46a.jpg

Finished product minus the cage as that is still not painted yet.

temporary_zpsb61cc980.jpg

Apologies for poor pics, was using my phone which is Knackered!

Cage i bought, will get a pic of it in the daylight as its in the garage jut now

temporary_zpsb83b88c7.png

Also forgot to mention i fabric wrapped the headliner the same as the false floor.

temporary_zps70a09a90.png

And finally a quick snap of how the car looks atm.

Now
temporary_zps37e53e2a.jpg

Last month
temporary_zps145fdf20.jpg

Titanium 182
Looks great, wanted to do a false floor in mine but didn't like the feel of it with the back seats out

Cheers man. Ill get better pics with my digital camera and also once the car is clean, that pic is a bit s*** tbh.

I don't mind it without rear seats, it does seem a bit empty but the cage should help fill it back up. I have a few ideas but waiting to see what its like with the cage. Don't want to go ott

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Shame about the vinyl. I'd have got it in writing from a government website or something and kept it in the car. It isn't a permanent change and doesn't need to be declared on the V5, although perhaps to the insurers.

I thought it looked pretty good in the blue. I'm going to order one of those replica spoilers for my ph1, for the price its worth a shot!

Shame about the vinyl. I'd have got it in writing from a government website or something and kept it in the car. It isn't a permanent change and doesn't need to be declared on the V5, although perhaps to the insurers.

I thought it looked pretty good in the blue. I'm going to order one of those replica spoilers for my ph1, for the price its worth a shot!

Yeah i was pretty gutted about the vinyl at the time. Since its black again i have a few other ideas for the car and also still have a few parts to be fitted and things repaired so ill see if i can get it looking tidy again.

Where's the cage at? :wink:
Was actually away to mention about the cage. It was being primered today so its ready for paint tomorrow. Then all i need to get is bolts and get it fitted! Cant wait to see it finished and finally in the back of the car.

Also going to be refitting my side skirts and colour coding my side strips and bullets over the weekend

Titanium 182
Was actually away to mention about the cage. It was being primered today so its ready for paint tomorrow. Then all i need to get is bolts and get it fitted! Cant wait to see it finished and finally in the back of the car.

Also going to be refitting my side skirts and colour coding my side strips and bullets over the weekend

Sounds good lad, can't wait to see it all done, want a false floor in mine but too much hassle

Sounds good lad, can't wait to see it all done, want a false floor in mine but too much hassle

Yeah i want to see the finished product my self like. Honestly a false floor isn't that difficult mate, i thought it would be hard my self but once i got all the wood and fabric it was quite simple, only thing is its difficult to get to my spare wheel now , my rear of the false floor is extremely tightly fitted

Titanium 182
Yeah i want to see the finished product my self like. Honestly a false floor isn't that difficult mate, i thought it would be hard my self but once i got all the wood and fabric it was quite simple, only thing is its difficult to get to my spare wheel now , my rear of the false floor is extremely tightly fitted

If you could message me with details how to do it and how much it cost you that would be great.

If you could message me with details how to do it and how much it cost you that would be great.
Ill just tell you in the post incase anyone else is interested. All together it cost about £30 got some 8ft by 4ft 9mm thick mdf from b&q and some suede black fabric from ebay. I got the wood cut in b&q into 4 2ft by 4ft sections iirc.

When i was fitting it in the car i used two of the section, 1 for the seat area and one for the boot area.

the seat area is the easiest part out of the two as its the wood fits straight into place, all you will need to do is cut the wood to fit around the rear seat mounting points.

The boot area is a little more difficult what i done was cut out a piece of card board and placed that in the boot marked out all the edges and cut the cardboard to fit perfectly in the boot, then it was just a case of placing that on the wood and using a jigsaw to cut around it.

took a couple of hours to do like but that's including fitting the fabric. Just used fabric glue for that and tucked it under and stapled it in place.

hope this helps mate.

Titanium 182
Ill just tell you in the post incase anyone else is interested. All together it cost about £30 .
I've just quoted a bit of it mate as it would have been too much. Thanks. a lot bud, that helps a lot, might look into getting it done, I appreciate you taking the time to write it up, does your car not feel like a van now though?

I've just quoted a bit of it mate as it would have been too much. Thanks. a lot bud, that helps a lot, might look into getting it done, I appreciate you taking the time to write it up, does your car not feel like a van now though?

Aye that would have been a lot to quote, Yeah that's no bother mate, it feels a lot more bigger than normal but i tried turning it into a van before but i think it will be better with cage in the back to take up the space.

Right, Time for another update i think.

Spent most of this month just in the garage really and generally trying to tidy up the inside of the car. The old roof liner that i fabric wrapped was beginning to get on my nerves due to it being all creased at the front where the sun visors should have been and around the interior light surround. I tried to wrap the visors but they have just been ruined, so im in need of new sun visors.

Now as mentioned before i bought a half cage but haven't really posted any photos of it, so this is where the update begins.

I finally got my finger out and sanded down the cage all ready for a good few layers of primer (cant really remember how many) but spent a good week end prepping and spraying it a couple of weeks ago.

WP_20150124_001_zpsb715637a.jpg

Now it was time to think of a colour i could put the cage and to be honest i did have a lot of bright lairy colours in mind but really i thought i would keep it subtle just to be on the safe side. It was a toss up between yellow or white in the end and when it came to it i decided white. So went and got all the paint i needed and got back and gave the cage a good wet sanding all ready for its fresh new paint.

i spent a good week painting as i wanted it looking perfect, i know it wasn't going to be amazing since i was using spray tins but that doesn't mean i should rush and do a half arse job.

Heres a few pics of several layers being applied.
WP_20150130_001_zps15877f81.jpg

WP_20150131_001_zps25099497.jpg

And finally the cage all finished and lacquered and ready to go in the car (hence the car all jacked up)
temporary_zps521ba700.jpg

Now i have never fitted a cage before so had no idea how this was going to go so as shown in the pic above i jacked the car up and put it on axle stands and then set about removing the front seats. rears were already removed anyway due to false floor but i removed the front section of that anyway for more room to maneuver the cage.

Whilst i was underneath cleaning up the areas where the seats bolt through my mate decided to give a hand by hoovering out the front of the car, Just as well any ways as the car was manket and plus would have been pointless not to with the seats out anyway. So with the car all cleaned out it was time to put the cage in the car.

temporary_zpsa6d5b670.jpg

I put the cage in through the passenger door and my mate then held it through the driver side, We tilted the front legs up so the top of the cage would pass under the sunroof handle but even then it was a really tight fit. After a couple of minutes of carrying the cage through the car we finally got to the back and after a few god nudges we finally got it sitting where i wanted it. The cage was actually a really good fit, so we marked the holes after cutting the carpet back and started drilling. Strangely everything was going to plan with no mishaps which was unexpected but we finally got it fitted with 10 M10x25mm bolts with lock nuts and we used loctite on the threads as well.

Heres a few pics and then a high res pic of the finished product.

temporary_zps904c6622.jpg

temporary_zpsae109190.jpg

temporary_zps00dec5dd.jpg

And finally one of my now favourite photos of the car at the moment, Its exactly how i wanted the rear to look. Some of you may notice the missing visors and interior light surround these will be getting replaced very soon just haven't gotten round to it yet, I also have my original steering wheel back on, Refitted the original for m.o.t time as i cant seem to figure out how to connect the horn to the aftermarket one.

I also have a new oem Gear knob on order as i now realise how ridiculous the one i have at the moment is. Next plans are to start getting the exterior back up to scratch and the way i want it and refit all the missing interior trim and put the aftermarket wheel back on.

DSCN0473_zps6dc934d3.jpg

Also bought these for the sake of it to be honest. they were only £3 so why not!

temporary_zpse7eaf1a3.jpg

Well had a slight problem today. I noticed that i have missed out some blue vinyl wrap under my door handles and they will need to be removed so i can get to them. Now theirs a screw in my door card and the head of it is completely rounded off. (its the screw in the grab handle where the window switches are).

Does anyone have any ideas on how i can get this screw removed as i need to get my door handles colour coded.

Also my driver side door moulding wont budge. The passenger side slides free no bother but the driver one isn't moving at all.

hopefully if all goes well ill get the colour coding done at the weekend and get the exterior looking good again.

Plans up to now

Colour code all bump strips
Replacement front bumper
Sort smoothed one and get it sprayed
Get spoiler sprayed
172 rear bumper
RS Grill
Re fit side skirts
Get alloys refurbed
Fit new gear knob/visors and wheel
Carbon fibre wiper blank
Replace broken mirror cover

Then just keep the car clean and tidy

Managed to pick up a few things today. Got my interior light surround fitted and also got 2 new sunvisors for £5 each. On the exterior i replaced my broken wing mirror cover with a new one and finally washed the car.

Seeing the car clean has finally got me motivated to get all the colour coding done as soon as possible.

Still need to find a sport rear bumper and need to try and free my door mouldings and driver side door handle due to a rounded off screw in the door card.

pics will be put up later.

Right made a start of the colour coding today and gave it yet another wash (waste of time really, Theirs workmen digging up the road outside my house and the place is a mess!)

Anyway i only managed to get the rear of the door mouldings done as had to go into work but ill hopefully get the rest done tomorrow. Even though its just the backs done i can already see their going to look a million times better. Just need to get the fronts free and finally work out how to remove that rounded off screw so i can do my door handles.

Also finally got something to cover the two pin holes from where the badge was. Yeah its just a sticker (Dont worry its not cringeworthy) but i like it and it goes with the colour scheme.

Now i know the pain has flaked off my arch and also my front bumper is a mess at the moment but all this will be sorted soon because its beginning to do my head in.

Anyway heres some pics for just now. Excuse the amount of sun glare!

DSCN0478_zps1563c135.jpg

DSCN0485_zps45bad8bf.jpg

DSCN0481_zps0db5a0c9.jpg

DSCN0482_zpsc01f6b6c.jpg

DSCN0483_zpsadc0ab64.jpg

Finally got my door mouldings off today thanks to the help of a big screw driver and luck that the moulding clips didn't break.

As i thought it has made a difference and looks much better.

temporary_zps459867b2.jpg

temporary_zps0ec55429.jpg

temporary_zpsec6c3587.jpg

DSCN0491_zps7985784b.jpg

Also not the best of pics but got a couple of pics in the sunset

temporary_zps66f75741.jpg

DSCN0493_zpsce79d387.jpg

DSCN0496_zps8f606344.jpg

Now hopefully the next time go to the scrappies they have a black clio in as im really in desperate need of a replacement as seen in the last pic!

Took delivery of an original gear knob today, so i got that fitted and it looks alot better. Less chavvy and well ridiculous to be honest.

temporary_zps4085962a.jpg

Only thing is it came with a chrome look insert which i didn't really like the look of, luckily i already had an insert from a 172 lying in my toolbox from my previous gear knob.

temporary_zpse3b973d7.jpg

I also took delivery of this. A 172 Rear bumper. Only £30. Yes it has a few stone chips but it will be getting a colour change to match the car anyway.

DSCN0500_zpsb44a6ee6.jpg

DSCN0501_zps31f31da6.jpg

Next to do will possibly be more colour coding, 172 bumper fitted and possibly a carbon fiber rear wiper blank. Also i am in 2 minds to get a new set of wheels or just get the ones i have refurbished. A few people have said my wheels look a bit gash and i have slightly gone off them now that the paint is peeling off them so really undecided.

I do have a few sets in mind though that i do like.

White XXR 527
78711-2f8ae4df15cb4efbb1f58e250fe815d0.jpg

Feel these have been overdone though

White Japan Racing JR15
whistler_wheels_kr1_99719700474110700.jpg

Attachments

• 527-matte-white.jpg
    527-matte-white.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 45