ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Black 1.2 16v. Not for long....

Hahaa! Ach its not going to be everyone's cup of tea i suppose.

Yeah i have removed the rear adjusters and that seems to be as low as it will sit unfortunately, might actually get a set of custom springs for the rears that should sort the gap out.

I am thinking about a 172 rear bumper tbh and the spoiler, well keep an eye on this thread and you'll see what's in my next update all im saying is. It cost a fair bit for what it is ;)

Hahaa! Ach its not going to be everyone's cup of tea i suppose.

Yeah i have removed the rear adjusters and that seems to be as low as it will sit unfortunately, might actually get a set of custom springs for the rears that should sort the gap out.

I am thinking about a 172 rear bumper tbh and the spoiler, well keep an eye on this thread and you'll see what's in my next update all im saying is. It cost a fair bit for what it is ;)

Subscribed mate ;)

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Front bumper is standard

If I were to advise on front bumper I would suggest ph3 bumper smoothed and wrapped

But nothing more annoying than posts that have no purpose

It looks terrible because it's been wrapped and half of it is peeling ripped and/or damaged.

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
It looks terrible because it's been wrapped and half of it is peeling ripped and/or damaged.

The car looks terrible, because it is. Awful waste of time and money to produce that.

Ps. Before anyone starts flinging their toys out of their pram (Spinksy..) - Remember this is a forum, if he didn't want comments,he shouldn't have posted a thread)

Give the lad a chance to fix it

The car looks terrible, because it is. Awful waste of time and money to produce that.

Ps. Before anyone starts flinging their toys out of their pram (Spinksy..) - Remember this is a forum, if he didn't want comments,he shouldn't have posted a thread)

Tbf mate it's an opinion

Same as I have mine, a lot of people said the same crap about my old car so I know first hand it's annoying being put down constantly

And it's far from the worst car on the forum

Here comes the hate and fun police i see...

Maybe i went through the effort money and time to produce something completely different and unique. Do you see any other Clio like mine anywhere because i don't. Yeah its only a 1.2 but so what. I enjoy it and its been well looked after and plan on keeping it for a good few years. I have had many compliments about my car and the time and effort put into it.

Not everyone buys a 1.2 to make it a rep or buy one to keep it untill they can afford a sport.

Everyone has different tastes

Give the lad a chance to fix it

Tbf mate it's an opinion

Same as I have mine, a lot of people said the same crap about my old car so I know first hand it's annoying being put down constantly

And it's far from the worst car on the forum

i actually liked your non sport spinksy was different and stood out from.the crowd.

And yeah as you say no need for putting people down for doing something they enjoy.

Yeah some constructive criticism is not exactly frowned upon but not exactly any need for people to frankly say its s***

If it wasn't for people with different ideas for modding. Quite like us. All modified cars would be exactly the same.

Last edited:
  TT QS
Tbh this nor spinksys non sport were to my taste. Which is fair enough. But your both into cars hence why you're on here. Let's end the comments, from everyone. It's a car forum not a place to b**ch at each other

For the record I appreciate the work that's gone into wrapping it. A black spoiler could suit it better imo

Tbh this nor spinksys non sport were to my taste. Which is fair enough. But your both into cars hence why you're on here. Let's end the comments, from everyone. It's a car forum not a place to b**ch at each other

For the record I appreciate the work that's gone into wrapping it. A black spoiler could suit it better imo

I totally agree, thanks also and tbh that's actually my next mod. A black trophy/v6 spoiler

Ach its my choice is it :) i knew it wouldn't be everybody's cup of tea. But to be honest i have had had more praise and compliments than i have criticism :)

Yeah i actually really like the coilies. Yeah they are stiff and the ride is a bit bumpy at times but apart from that i love it. Only thing is though i wish clios had independent suspension at the back, instead if just the spring and the shockie. Be good if they could be replaced with coilies as well, only reason in saying this is due to having the spacers on the car rubs on the tyres on bumps and i struggle to have passengers in the back without rubbing away at my tyres.

Ach its my choice is it :) i knew it wouldn't be everybody's cup of tea. But to be honest i have had had more praise and compliments than i have criticism :)

Yeah i actually really like the coilies. Yeah they are stiff and the ride is a bit bumpy at times but apart from that i love it. Only thing is though i wish clios had independent suspension at the back, instead if just the spring and the shockie. Be good if they could be replaced with coilies as well, only reason in saying this is due to having the spacers on the car rubs on the tyres on bumps and i struggle to have passengers in the back without rubbing away at my tyres.

yeh i had someone in the back and it resulted in chunks out of my tyre :/

i completely agree, would be easier to adjust the suspension too

Update :)

Well finally i got delivery of my spoiler, my first impressions of it were great and honestly couldn't wait to get it on the car. This is where a whole world of problems started happening!

1st of all took the spoiler into the garage and went to start wrapping it.... The wrap wouldn't stick to it for some reason, i have never had this problem before and couldn't understand why it was happening. So i then decided to spray it, This went horribly wrong also as the paint just reacted the minute it hit the spoiler! so basically i spent most of my time wet and drying it to get it looking new again.

Now 2nd of all i thought since i cant get it colour coded just now i thought be as well test fitting it. So i took all the bits i needed off of the old spoiler and went to go fit the brake light to the new one.... It didn't fit, had to drill out all the holes for the all the clips and for the rear washer hose, finally got that done and then the brake light fitted.Its not the best of fits as their is a gap round the edge of the spoiler and the brake light at one side, Not happy at this is its quite noticeable.

After this i then encountered my next problem! the bolts to hold the brake light to the spoiler wouldn't fit in the gap that was inside the spoiler. so i spent even more time sanding down and slightly chipping away till their was enough room for them to fit. The finally the brake light was fixed solidly in place and so it should be with all the hassle just for that one part.

Next was actually fitting the spoiler to the bootlid. Now when i went and put it up and went to line up the holes i really wasn't amused! Out of the six holes for the bolts roughly only two of them lined up. So i got the bolts in the two holes and their was an unsafe/unstable amount of play in the spoiler. So basically their was no other thing for it some of them i was able to bend some of the bodywork out of the way and finally get the bolts in (not happy about doing this) but iirc two are still missing.

I know it was a replica spoiler and tbh i wasn't expecting it to be perfect but for the £90 asking price for it i really was expecting a bit better than that.

Heres a few pics of the spoiler and the spoiler fitted, Can't really complain to much as it does look good. and tbh when its colour coded i think personally its going to look great.

temporary_zpsd85273a4.jpg

temporary_zpsda9a66d3.jpg

temporary_zpsab15cf57.jpg

temporary_zpsdd6b90b0.jpg

temporary_zps33ae4d21.jpg

temporary_zps63322990.jpg

temporary_zpsa4ef6f2d.jpg

I tried priming it, stuck a wee bit better but nothing great, still basically able to take it off with ease. I think its because its fibreglass or maybe the type of vinyl i bought. Giving it another try at the weekend.

Got it off ebay mate. Came from Italy

I tried priming it, stuck a wee bit better but nothing great, still basically able to take it off with ease. I think its because its fibreglass or maybe the type of vinyl i bought. Giving it another try at the weekend.

Got it off ebay mate. Came from Italy

Fairs

Try loads of primer and rough sandpaper to give it something to stick to

Or a spray adhesive to hold the vinyl down
Then seal the edges of the wrap to stop water getting in

Other than that I'm lost for ideas haha

Update. 1 of 2

Spoiler

Right my trophy spoiler was beginning to be a bit of a head ache with its non sticking vinyl then nothing lining up. Finally got around most of the problems.
I firstly tried fabric wrapping it as it was the only wrap i had that was sticking properly, Some people actually said it look alright but to be honest i thought it looked a bit daft! Black nonetheless though

temporary_zps5865047d.jpg

temporary_zps2721ca21.jpg

After a couple of days of searching of other ways of getting it wrapped in proper vinyl or getting sprayed i then decided to turn to plastidip. Never actually used it before but i have heard its quite good and will basically take to anything. Gave it a bash but not really to pleased with the finished texture. Kind of feels like solid rubber.

temporary_zpsb6355676.jpg

temporary_zps78d9ca79.jpg

Looks a lot better imo though.

temporary_zps70665e24.jpg

Update 2 of 2

Right i eventually thought i would get this sorted since people were pointing it out more and more, My bumper.. It was starting annoy me my self as the vinyl was peeling everywhere and it was really badly damaged. So basically i went down to B&Q got my self an electric sander and loads of sand paper. Then a trip to Halfords for some auto body filler and some fibreglass.

Now i have never actually done repairs before using any of the stuff i had bought so i wasn't expecting this to go well at all and my first attempt went terribly wrong. Now seeing as i basically had a ruined bumper any way, I thought i would have a go at something.. Smoothed front end!

1st Attempt

temporary_zps7e40edb7.jpg

temporary_zps1668ed19.jpg

temporary_zps919e0a26.jpg

temporary_zps24830b2a.jpg

temporary_zps09853912.jpg

Now seeing as it just wasn't turning into anything what so ever and i felt as if i made an a**e of it due to not taking the bumper mouldings off in the first place i decided to just take it all off. I know complete utter waste of money and time but it was a learning curve.

2nd Attempt

Now seeing as attempt number one was a shambles, I went to the scrappies and got myself
another bumper for £25 and more filler and hardener etc. I feel this attempt has went a hell of a lot better, Now its no where near finished but heres a couple of pics of the stage i am at now.

temporary_zps0892edda.jpg

temporary_zps54cfa936.jpg

temporary_zps7c083f8e.jpg

temporary_zpsc495e2f8.jpg

temporary_zps9e82cdd8.jpg

Pics are not in the right order but you'll get the gist and the look that i'm going for.

temporary_zps293585ff.jpg

Sanded and filled a bit more Nearly ready for primer

temporary_zps49a3e432.jpg

Got it as close to decent as i could. Never done it before as i said but i was hoping it will turn out good.

So i got a few tins of filler primer and gave the whole bumper about 6-7 coats

temporary_zps73a5d4a3.jpg

Also re sprayed my splitter

temporary_zps2cc842d1.jpg

and then gave my bumper about 6 coats of normal primer.

temporary_zps9baba517.jpg

Next was to sand down my sideskirts once the primer was drying off between coats in the garage for a couple of days fairly happy with them and im sure they will really finish off the car.

temporary_zpsc79c58dd.jpg

Now its time to wrap the bumper,fit the splitter and also got brand new headlights in the post to freshen up the front end of the car.

temporary_zps12295aec.jpg

temporary_zps40040318.jpg

temporary_zpsd502fd6b.jpg

Got the number plate fitted, it wont be their for long, as i have got a little surprise coming soon.

temporary_zps0e023ce6.jpg

temporary_zps9a569249.jpg

temporary_zps2fb88d20.jpg

Also i have ordered new foglight bulbs so the tinting film will be getting removed also.

Titanium 182
Always wanted to smooth off my front strips but need a donar bumper, if you don't mind me asking how much did you pay for the filler, fibreglass etc.?

Update

Right i got my "surprise" delivered today and couldn't wait to get this fitted. I have a feeling its going to be frowned upon on here but never mind. I like it and it'll be great for show use and also for driving use at the same time as you's will soon find out.

Last edited by a moderator:
  Clio 182 - RB
Update

Right i got my "surprise" delivered today and couldn't wait to get this fitted. I have a feeling its going to be frowned upon on here but never mind. I like it and it'll be great for show use and also for driving use at the same time as you's will soon find out.

I think this is amazing

Last edited by a moderator: