ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Black 1.2 16v. Not for long....

Definitely different albeit not so much to my tastes and I liked the fact that whilst it was all a bit in your face, it was subtly so and not gimmicky with ridiculous body kits etc.

That is until the new number plate! Not a fan of it at all, but each to their own!

Mazda3 2.2D 185BHP
I think i will 100% get mine wrapped. So many scratches all over it would take me days to repair them all.

Didn't like the surprise the first time I saw it, but its really grown on me

Really suits the smooth bumper and overall effect of the car

Cheers mate, the numberplate was a moment of madness tbh. Was at a meet and seen one on an eunos and though "I want one!" But really since my bumpers smoothed its perfect for the car Imo. Especially for show use.

Definitely different albeit not so much to my tastes and I liked the fact that whilst it was all a bit in your face, it was subtly so and not gimmicky with ridiculous body kits etc.

That is until the new number plate! Not a fan of it at all, but each to their own!

Cheers for the comment mate. The car was basically just a fun little project tbh. I wanted something that turns heads and would get attention at shows and at the same time be practical and cheap to run untill i can afford a 182.

Update

Probably be the last update to be honest. As mentioned above not wanting to spend anymore on the car so it will just be getting kept well maintained until i can afford a sport (preferably a 182)

So i finally got my side skirts fitted so thats the car now finished, Theirs probably more subtle changes i could do such as RS Grill and 172 Rear bumper but im happy as it stands just now. Proper little head turner and thats enough for me, a few shows coming up and that so at least its ready.

Pic of side skirts fitted

temporary_zps3610b9b9.jpg

temporary_zps153bc714.jpg

Update

Been a while since i have updated this thread and this update is basically just a moment of madness not really to sure if ill keep it like this but suggestions are welcome.

I cant really have people in the back of the car anymore due to any weight what so ever in the back and the rear arches start scrubbing. So me and a couple of mates thought of this mad idea.

temporary_zpsd1274adc.jpg

temporary_zps56d195bb.jpg

temporary_zpsda170e07.jpg

temporary_zpscf90af5d.jpg

temporary_zps87bd8ad1.jpg

Van conversion.. Its no where near finished at the moment and the tartan rug is only temporary till i build my false floor. I just thought it would be something a little different. Certainly gets some looks anyway.

Cheers man.

Going to be building the false floor at some point during the week or weekend but have french performance on sunday so ill either get my finger out of just wait till after it.

But yeah false windows would be better as you have mentioned its only wrap over the glass at the moment but i was thinking about black wrap for the inside as you also mentioned.

Small update.

Right to begin with the other night i bought a set of 172 alcantara door cards, I i have the rears fitted just got the fronts to put in. Also i have given up on the whole van idea.. Since i have solved my tyre scrubbing problem i felt that id be as well putting it back to normal.

I have had a set of camber shims for a while now and just never knew how to fit them but thanks to beastlybenn giving me advice on here i set about doing it today and had them on in no time.

Never thought they would make so much of a difference referring to handling!

Couple of pics.

temporary_zps3fba0ab1.jpg

temporary_zpsd7296907.jpg

1.6 Astra Sporthatch
Looks pretty good mate, love the colour! Ignore everyone saying "don't its a 1.2!", at the end of the day a car is what gets you from A to B. Just because it isn't a rocket ship doesn't mean it's worthless like alot of people on here seem to think. Your money your car! I'd lose the windscreen sticker though, probably going to knacker your wipers!

Cheers. Yeah windscreen sticker has been gone for a while now, same with that gay flowery thing hanging from my mirror.

Not really updated this in a while due to trying to fix a stereo wiring problem.

Hahaa! I have no idea what's wrong with it to be honest.

I was away to set up my new sub and amp, got behind the Sony stereo (which has never been out). Noticed that the previous owner has mucked about with the wiring to get the Sony stereo to work, so instead of buying an adapter for like £3 everything is now crimped to god knows what, wires loose and cut connectors etc and the slightest movement and it starts sparking.

So cut a long story short. Need to now get all the wires back to normal, fix the cigarette lighter as that doesn't work now after all the sparking and work out why my clock only now comes on once my headlights are turned on.

Nightmare lol

Titanium 182
I just don't have the patience for it mate haha or the tools haha, be easier to wait until one comes for sale i think

Nightmare when you don't have the right tools! I know the feeling half the time i either have to go out and buy what i need or rely on mates if i could use theirs!
You never know though someone might end up selling one at some point.

Titanium 182
I need to sign up as full member again so i can view the for sale section but yeah i have that problem at the moment tool wise its the worst haha

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Looks pretty good mate, love the colour! Ignore everyone saying "don't its a 1.2!", at the end of the day a car is what gets you from A to B. Just because it isn't a rocket ship doesn't mean it's worthless like alot of people on here seem to think. Your money your car! I'd lose the windscreen sticker though, probably going to knacker your wipers!
I would normally agree but the lad said himself he's only in this till he can afford a 182 (which aren't exactly expensive, but I imagine insurance is the issue so according to plan, he'll be in this for a year or 2 tops)

1.6 Astra Sporthatch
I would normally agree but the lad said himself he's only in this till he can afford a 182 (which aren't exactly expensive, but I imagine insurance is the issue so according to plan, he'll be in this for a year or 2 tops)
Again, just because he's changing cars soon doesn't mean its worthless ;) Still his transport from A to B and very important to him no doubt.

Listerine & Poledo
Again, just because he's changing cars soon doesn't mean its worthless :wink:.

No, being a 2003 Clio 1.2, that's now "adjusted" to personal tastes makes it almost worthless on the public market.
However, to "entheusiasts" with similar ideas, it'll be worth more than an OEM Clio.

Probably should mention the car now has a full false floor in the rear, No vinyl wrapped windows anymore and is now black again.

Due to having a really rubbish paying job i have decided to just keep the 1.2 for just now. Im happy with it and in my opinion yeah its not fast or that but i still think its a fun little car out of the cars i have owned its certainly my favourite by far would definitly buy another one.

Ill need to put up pics of my interior at the moment when i get time. Got a few goodies in their that i haven't mentioned. Would post pics of exterior but that's looking a little shabby as ive not had time to sort it out, been spending all my time on that stereo problem.

so an update some time soon !

Yeah bumpers wrapped mate. Got stopped by a total ****hole of a police officer that wasn't happy about the colour change not being declared although i have previously been told by other officers that i didn't need to as it wasn't a permanent colour change as the paint wasn't effected in any way. The guy wasn't having any of it and started saying that if it wasn't removed or declared by the end of the week my car would be getting seized. So as i was skint that week i had no option really, pretty gutting tbh, been nearly a year and a half with nothing said then all of a sudden one guy goes off his head about it. Also said my headlights are illegal so now back to white bulbs