ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Black BMW Kidneys.... Should I?

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
I'm tempted to get the black grills for mine, I have a 10% off voucher for the dealer I purchased my car from so will enquire when it goes in for a service next month.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
You must of known that would set me off though.

Go back and read it after knowing the sort of s**t I got for buying, sorry renting a 320d.....

Well then you shouldn't have insulted me then! You started it with:

Oh so If I had an E92 335 it would work then?

Jesus christ. I wouldn't expect anything less from you.
My opinion on the black grill still stands. I know this because I fitted black grills to my black BMW and as soon as I saw my wife driving it, I thought ''That looks hard, pity it's only a diesel'' and removed them as soon as I got home.

I've got nothing against you at all, never have (tbh i've only just noticed you this last month or so) so please don't think i'm taking the piss. I will however come back at people who try to insult me for little or no reason.

Not a 320d
It read like bait to me and I took it.

Im taking your opinion and I will not be fitting the grill.

Well then you shouldn't have insulted me then! You started it with:

My opinion on the black grill still stands. I know this because I fitted black grills to my black BMW and as soon as I saw my wife driving it, I thought ''That looks hard, pity it's only a diesel'' and removed them as soon as I got home.

I've got nothing against you at all, never have (tbh i've only just noticed you this last month or so) so please don't think i'm taking the piss. I will however come back at people who try to insult me for little or no reason.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
It wasn't meant as an insult so if you took it that way I apologise.

Can we kiss and make up you moody little fcuker? x

ST
You're a chopsy little prick aren't you.

But back on topic, yes, a black on black 335 would work. Because it has the power to match the looks. Unlike yours.

Yassss!!

Clitotoby - you really don't do yourself any favours do you?

It's YOUR car, do what makes YOUR dick click..

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
f**k it!!! Black the whole thing.
Limo tints
Black grilles
Black BMW badges
Black tint on your lights
Black wheels
and take the front number plate off.

Do all of this or none of it. (IMO)

Z4
You cant really. But if back to standard when handed back then who cares. I wont be making any major mods to it and in fact Im reluctant to remap it for warranty reasons, and for PCP reasons.

As its only cosmetic I'd go for it.
You've got the full M sport kit, its not as though you've gone the pauper spec (bar engine). If you fully believed the sheep in wolfs clothing theory you'd have rented a cheaper non M sport version?

Flawed thinking process. Do the grills, looks maze baws. I'm seriously considering a 335 and lets be honest, to the general public they're identical. Only yours purges black s**t when it gets excited!

An orange one
f**k it!!! Black the whole thing.
Limo tints
Black grilles
Black BMW badges
Black tint on your lights
Black wheels
and take the front number plate off.

Do all of this or none of it. (IMO)

Spoken like a true RR owner ;)

Not a 320d
Ha yeah. I wasnt really planning on getting a 3 series. I went to buy an Ed35 that day but it wasnt at the dealership. Popped into BMW because I like BMW's and just wanted to have a look round. Saw that for the same price and had my sensible hat on.

Ive had loads of comments on how nice it looks from people I dont even know and ive seen a fair few people shark at it on the way by.

Suits me really. Its great to cruise about in.

As its only cosmetic I'd go for it.
You've got the full M sport kit, its not as though you've gone the pauper spec (bar engine). If you fully believed the sheep in wolfs clothing theory you'd have rented a cheaper non M sport version?

Flawed thinking process. Do the grills, looks maze baws. I'm seriously considering a 335 and lets be honest, to the general public they're identical. Only yours purges black s**t when it gets excited!

wjb

Clio 1.4 16v
Wow 3 pages on whether to get black kidneys or not!

Answer's yes if you're still struggling. They look miles better.

eves

ClioSport Club Member
  An old banger!
I'd go for them. Have a look and see what they look like. If you don't like them flog em...

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
I did mine but I have an engine to back it up ;)

Alternatively, de-chrome the slats. I did it on my E46 as I had silver indicators and CSL's and the chrome of the outer worked with those accents.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
I like black but chrome works well on your car. Black will cheapen it a little imo.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Wow 3 pages on whether to get black kidneys or not!

CS loves to discuss trivial bits of colour coding and which wheels to fit.

Try and have a decent in depth technical discussion and it will be out of steam in a couple of pages, but anything colour or styling related its easy to get into double figure numbers of pages.

Its like the laurence llewelyn bowen of car forums.

I like both, so I'd be screwed haha!

But I kind of echo what people have said, the black looks "meaner", and without sounding harsh, should be kept for cars that have a lot of power.

CS loves to discuss trivial bits of colour coding and which wheels to fit.

Try and have a decent in depth technical discussion and it will be out of steam in a couple of pages, but anything colour or styling related its easy to get into double figure numbers of pages.

Its like the laurence llewelyn bowen of car forums.

Probably because there aren't as many members who can hold such a discussion as can comment on colour schemes!

Audi A5
No chip you are wrong, the reason this thread has lasted so long is because Toby started it and everyone wanted to see what he said.

Well I did anyway, him an 0.1mph are my favourite members ;)

Not a 320d
I like both, so I'd be screwed haha!

But I kind of echo what people have said, the black looks "meaner", and without sounding harsh, should be kept for cars that have a lot of power.

​Yeah thats true which is why I wont be doing it.