ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Black Clio MK2 - Project Started ( Lots of Pictures)

So After seeing some threads on here I decided I really needed to spice my wee Clio up a bit. Made the worst mistake ever by going to Halfords and buying "Halfords Finest" as I call them alloys *Cheap Crap* took me about 2 weeks then really regretted spending the money on them.

6843357500_9435de1782.png

Old Wheels and Alloys by dale.bolan, on Flickr

Posted a Few pictures of the car up here after doing it and got quite a lot of stick for them haha, also people seemed to think i owned a clio Van with the darkness of the window tint on the back. I knew I couldnt do much for the next few weeks due to lack of money so tried to make tihngs a bit better by taking the window tint of.

6843357318_412928b9b1.png

Old Wheels and Tint Removed by dale.bolan, on Flickr

Asked people what you think my next steps should be, loads of people said new Spoiler from the 182 Clios, after basically no thought process at all I order one Cost me £55 on eBay and came the same colour as the car.

Before

6843356890_107ce2ccee.png

Old Spoiler by dale.bolan, on Flickr

After

6989481103_93d546117e.png

New Spoiler by dale.bolan, on Flickr

6843356684_a2ddd6a239.png

New Spoiler by dale.bolan, on Flickr

Next of the Agenda needed to be new alloys, I eventually got mine sold on and bought new ones on the same day.
My new Purchase

6989497357_965c6eec0c.png

New BBS Alloys by dale.bolan, on Flickr

After I painted the brake calipers which need redone again I stuck the wheels on and I think they look really nice, providing I cleaned my car haha.

6989480463_c420144054.png

New Alloys and Painted Calipers by dale.bolan, on Flickr

6989479681_9cb220b00d.png

New Alloys No Tint by dale.bolan, on Flickr

6843356262_cdf2e7b7c3.png

New Alloys and Painted Calipers by dale.bolan, on Flickr

So last night I couldnt resist got myself some 50% window tint for the back windows and stuck it on lots a lot better than the 100% I use to use!!

Sorry for Picture Quality will get better Picture Today

6989479879_352438d938.png

New Alloys and 60% Tint by dale.bolan, on Flickr

Last thing I done to the car was to install some Blue LEDs in the footwells, not sure if anyone on here is a huge fan of these or not but they do seem quite cool.

6989480033_1fdf26aac6.png

Blue LEDs by dale.bolan, on Flickr

Thats All I have done so far but if you think there is anything else you think I could do feel free to post it below, gonna do some work on the car today will post better picture taken with my DSLR later on hopefully If all goes to Plan.

Cheers for Looking Enjoy!!

Monaco 172
Good progress :) glad you changed those wheels! are those new ones real BBS?
just needs lows now (as does mine!)
keep it up :)

Clio 1.2 shed :)
if you dont mind me asking how did you do your footwell lights, doing this during this week and ive posted a few questions on here just wanting to know the best way in different peoples opinions :)

Well after some messing about and ringing a few people that do a lot of work with cars, we worked out you can just wire it into the back of the radio. Not sure what wires it is wired into but am sure if you know a thing or two about radios you could work out what ones the main power is running of.

Hope this helps

Never thought about the back of the radio, guessing its the permanent live? haha. Yeah it does mate thanks :) forgot to say really nice clio! looks good!

Yea neither did we until someone told us haha, well depends what lights you have? Mine have a wee control box on them were I can turn them Off/On then choose different mode's.. Oh Thanks, just needs lowered now I think then the 182 Bumper :D

yeah mine have a simple off/on switch, still unsure where to put it haha, sounds good :) looking forward to seeing it !

Chocolate Orange 172
New wheels defo look better but I didn't think the old ones look THAT bad, but that could just be me lol!

I would say 40mm all round too, will set the stance just right!

New wheels defo look better but I didn't think the old ones look THAT bad, but that could just be me lol!

I would say 40mm all round too, will set the stance just right!

Haha someone that kinda liked the last wheel :D yea gonna drop it 40mm just :) thanks for the comment