ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Black Clio, Suggestions?

One Phat Clio
Deansporsche
Hey Clio enthusiasts:D

Below is my clio which i want to enhance cosmetically...:cool:
...Sugestions of any kind please, i want your opinion!;)

In progress

• Sport Grill: Ordered.
  • Clear Indicators: Ordered

Thoughts

• Lower 60mm on spax springs
  • Lightly tint back 3 windows
  • Exhaust?

DSCF0555-1.jpg

DSCF0557-1.jpg

DSCF0560-1.jpg

DSCF0562-1.jpg

DSCF0563-1.jpg

Thank you for looking and voicing your opinion:)
Deansporsche

Get the grille on, Lower it.

Then think about wheel change, Colour coding, Sheep mods, Sport rear bumper, K tec recessed or stealth exhaust...

For me personally...

Suzuki Ignis Sport
When i think of a black car, i think of stealth, go for the stealth look.

Black wheels, lowered. DONE

Oh. Tyre shine also.

One Phat Clio
Get the grille on, Lower it.

Then think about wheel change, Colour coding, Sheep mods, Sport rear bumper, K tec recessed or stealth exhaust...

For me personally...

Sounds good to me! what are sheep mods?

Cheers for replies!;)

Ph1 Williams No: 112
If I had it I would probably do the below mods in order...

drive it home
dewiper
spray badges black
lower on coilovers
dished 15" wheels
sport front bumper
colour code rear bumper

Marvel at the beauty.. while booking in for a retrim :p ;) :D

Sounds good to me! what are sheep mods?

Cheers for replies!;)

The mods everyone does, But theyre done for a reason... they look good ;)

Silvervision bulbs (silver indicators to remove the orange), Clear side repeaters, Colour coding, RS Grille, Lowering...

To name a few for the non sports.

Brookie.

ClioSport Club Member
They way i see non-sports, you either...

1. Spend as little as possible to make it look good, by lowering, RS grill and possibly colour coding depending on the price (but yours is black anyway so the plastic trim doesn't jump out).
2. Go all the way and make a FULL 1*2 rep.

Anything in between just seems like wasted money to me. But hey, it's your car mate :)

Fabia VRS Special Ed
Looks a tidy motor mate!

Regarding the modding advice there are so many subtle mods you can do, from painting your calipers to building a rep like "eikoorb" said, the grille and side repeaters do make a huge difference!

It' a question of finance, personal preferences and so forth...What the majority of guys/girls on here will tell you will be completely different to what you like/want.

Don't bother buying anything just now, save your cash and wait for some cheap/second hand coilovers and deck it. If I could redo my old 1.2 all over again the first thing I'd do is put it on coilies.

Don't bother buying anything just now, save your cash and wait for some cheap/second hand coilovers and deck it. If I could redo my old 1.2 all over again the first thing I'd do is put it on coilies.

I can see what your saying here, I spent £110 on second hand Eibach pro kit springs as the drop wasn't that much, Sportlines i think i would have been completely happy with..

However the money i saved with springs instead of cheap coilovers, I got 16" 172 alloys and the extra inch made the arch gap look so much better. Which im now completely happy with.

Think its just up the individual.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
List should be something like this....

Coilovers

Wheels (15"s Pref as if you like low cars 16"s are pointless on clio's as it will never be low)

Ph3 front bumper (looks far better than ph2)

One Phat Clio
Thanks for everyones comments!

The aove clio,...YES!! would love for it to look something like that! Just installed the sport grill today, THB made a significant difference.

Im wanting to spend a moderate amount...so coilies :- yes

Ill keep the wheels standard probably, just little things to detail make such a difference like the indicator bulbs, i have them coming through post...steady away i guess. Thanks for everyones opinions and the photo mate, will keep in mind!

Dean ;)

One Phat Clio
thought i reconised this beast joey :p

how do u paint the grill? i got myn today fitted it luks a beaut BUT hint of lue in there not completly black, how dya get yours black? cheers fella

One Phat Clio
well looking sound to me, when i sell it off in two years or so a problem may occur to the next owner regarding the fading, atm luks alright now so i guess i better stop complaining lol :p

Renaultsport 220T
DSCF0563-1.jpg

I like the hanging basket modification, but personally would go for pegonias instead of pansies in there.
;)

One Phat Clio
that was 4 years ago now, FK Silverline X Coilovers on it

Veryyy niceee, how much they set u bck?

Ill have to take more photos now the gril and lights have been done, i remember when i first joined this forum and i was searching for people who had done small improvements steadily, so to help people who used t be like me ill update:)