ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Black Clio turbo

182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
Surprised the 0-60 isn't lower? How can you smoke a DB9 given they do 0-100 in more or less the same time and quicker 0-60? Same question regarding the Porsche too.

Nice car all the same.

Just seen this.
Welcome Nigel:) I've seen your 20vt plenty of times on fccuk (and the pics of when you had the F355 - one of my all time favourite Ferraris)

I used to have a mint Electric Blue Plus (which you may remember) which I sold back in Feb to get my clio v6.
Even as standard (well apart from a PF stainless exhaust) and only 233bhp the coupe felt & was pretty rapid, so I can't imagine what 400bhp is like !!

Craig.

H22A7 Accord Type R
thanks for such a cool thread!!! One of my best reads on here for a while!!! I also love the coop Turbos!! Nice post Nigel :)

clio...
Surprised the 0-60 isn't lower? How can you smoke a DB9 given they do 0-100 in more or less the same time and quicker 0-60? Same question regarding the Porsche too.

Nice car all the same.

0 - 60 mph 4.7 seconds 0 - 100 mph 10.8 seconds 0 - 1/4 mile 13.1 seconds
Is the figures for the DB9.

His 0-60 off the top of my nocka was 4.35 wasn't it?

Think you've got your MPH and KMPH mixed up.

In gear times better perhaps?

Probably did'nt 'smoke them' from a standing start - Aston and Porsche would lose the advantage of better traction from a standing start.

Cliosport182
What a lovely car and for the price :O May have to look at one of these myself..
I really didnt know these coupe's can be modded like this. I always wondered why one night in my cooper s works i got completely left like a tit.. didnt talk about it as i thought i was just a poo driver.. :)

Great read this!

titanium 182,
I would never do 50 in a 30 - I'm pretty choosy about where I travel fast. Been driving for nearly thrity years so I have a few miles under my belt.

As for the "I know which car I'd rather be driving" - damn right - Ferrari every time. There's not a day goes by when I don't look longingly at the poster on my office wall. NOTHING comes close to the sense of occasion of driving one. They're unreliable, ridiculously costly, noisy, uncomfortable, utterly ostentatious, but at the same time, just brilliant. I count myself lucky to have been fortunate enough to have one for a short time.

one of my favourite piccies of the beastie

PICT0032lowres.gif
sounds like a complete monster i have personally driven a few 20v's and they shift in standard trim let alone your spec,
great car you have there :) ferrari 355 to me is such nicer than the 360 or the 430 1 thing that always peaves me is that ferrari never get any bad press not that most owners are botherd my m8 used to work for marranello in bagshot and told me the real deal with them
now why cant the british peeps embrace there hand built cars
as well is beyond me all fancy toy cars are a pain end of

182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R

Nice car all the same.

0 - 60 mph 4.7 seconds 0 - 100 mph 10.8 seconds 0 - 1/4 mile 13.1 seconds
Is the figures for the DB9.

His 0-60 off the top of my nocka was 4.35 wasn't it?

Think you've got your MPH and KMPH mixed up.

Nope, he said his 0-60 MPH was 5.4 seconds, a page or two back.

VaVa
They're not shy in a straight line as standard. I'm sure they're like 14 seconds to the ton out of the box. They're really overlooked too and not regarded as a serious sports car by most - To thier peril!

Definitley a marmite car in terms of appearance. Personally I think they look hideous.... which is a surprise as pinifarina designed, amongst others, Ferraris.... and the Peugeot 306 lol

Each to their own but just because it's fast it doesn't make it desireable. The male ejaculation leaves the penis with the same velocity as a bullet from and Enfield .303 rifle but that doesn't mean I want to drive round in a lump of jism.... but speed is king for some and I can appreciate that.

Nice to see an owner of another marque who's a realist though. Makes a refreshing change!

NEED V6!
Hello. Spotted by a non member how cool.:D

Your's sounded like a rally car!

ah so u had tussle with the clio turbo with 270 bhp

maybe the 309 would have been a challenge

nice car mate and one of best threads read for a while and i live near cov and a regular on the a46 :rasp:

57 Ibiza Formula Sport
i love the fiat! cant understand why people think theyre ugly, i remember them being my favourite car when they first came out lol

Fiat Coupe 20VT
Sunburn - sorry for the delay in replying - been busy mending the car

ABS light came on - my fault, cable got caught and snapped
Airbag light came on - no idea why - had it reset - hasn't come back on
Windscreen got cracked on the M1 on Tuesday
Oil change ready for Ten of the Best on Sunday

In answer to your questions:

A Clio 172 cup would embarrass most standard Coupes around a track like Cadwell. Only a handul of Coupes have sufficient handling mods to stay with a well-piloted Cup (remember the Coupe is a 14 year old design and the floorpan is Tipo-based, so the basic design is even older than that - the Cup is far more up to date)

On a track like Silverstone the Coupe will just romp away from the Clio down the straights and in the long sweepers and the Cio wouldn't get time to claw it back round the tighter stuff.

On the road, its almost irrelevent, as the person willing to take the biggest risk with other people's lives will win every time - not my cup of tea, thanks.

By the way - useless info for the day and probably one of the biggest mis-informations about the Coupe (along with the £1,200 cambelt change myth, which can be done for less than £400). The Coupe WASN'T designed by Pinifarina (although the interior was) - it was designed by Chris Bangle (of recent BMW infamy) when he worked for Fiat Centro Style.

The reason I could take the DB9 and the 911 was simply because it wasn't from a standing start. At my age, I'm a realist about what car I have and I'm not about to claim I can take RWD supercars from standstill. The Coupe is 1310kg and FWD, so its always going to suffer. 0-60 is NOT what the Coupe is about. However, once rolling, the range of power is massive (spools up at 3,500 and rev limits at 7,300). My 0-100 is enough to catch the 911 and DB9 after they get the jump on me and after 100, I'm simply reeling them in.

Now - if you want to see a REALLY fast Coupe (along with some other handy stuff like a 1200bhp Supra, 800bhp EVO, 700bhp Ford Granada Mk2 etc etc), get yourself to Elvington airfield this Sunday for TOTB. The Coupe boys are crossing our fingers for victory in the FWD class at the top speed event. Last year, we managed a win with a 500bhp Coupe getting 167mph after a mile from a standing start. This year, the top Coupe has over 600bhp

BTW - thanks for all the comments - good or bad - great to be a visitor on another one-make forum where they actually realise there are some other cars around worth talking about.

182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
Great post Nigel.

Makes a lot of sense too about the 0-60 not being as low as I originally thought it might be. Would love to see this beast in action.

Mountune Tractor
I'm really glad that this guy has come on here and we have treated him with the respect he deserves. Our forum puts that mitsi evolution club to shame after reading the thread a week or so ago.
Nice car mate.

Cup Turbo, Flamer
I'm really glad that this guy has come on here and we have treated him with the respect he deserves. Our forum puts that mitsi evolution club to shame after reading the thread a week or so ago.
Nice car mate.

What threads that? Must of missed it, anyone got the link??