ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Black Gold Nightmare!!!

As soon as I saw the car in the early morning sun I knew I was in for a long day. The paint on RS Clios is rock hard. Fortunatly those boys in Dieppe really go to town on the paint and readings of 150 microns are the norm with these cars.

I have detailed more clios than I care to remember but this was the worst and the hardest!! Still isn't 100% perfect could now do with a full detail ;) but not bad for 10 - yes 10 hours on a diminutive car! Megs #83 and IP were 'team tagged' as conditions were changing panel by panel.

NightmareBlackGold010.jpg

And now the odd bit
And then under the sun gun in the garage almost a 'flower petal' or star burst holographic swirl effect on the bonnet - have never seen such deep holograms/buffer trails!!

NightmareBlackGold011.jpg

And afterwards

NightmareBlackGold004.jpg

And a few afters in the garage

NightmareBlackGold003.jpg

NightmareBlackGold005.jpg

NightmareBlackGold009.jpg

NightmareBlackGold007.jpg

Thanks to Ollie

106 GTi
Great turn round butter, so much for Clio paint being soft!

Have confirmed that M Coupe today so we need call you and to sort out a date to do, can be done in doors at Powerstation.

Great turn round butter, so much for Clio paint being soft!

Have confirmed that M Coupe today so we need call you and to sort out a date to do, can be done in doors at Powerstation.

Have never found a butter soft clio mate, did i just say that? ;)

Drop us a line re the bimmer although it may show up my own :(

106 GTi
Have read a few threads on DW and people seem to think it is soft. Mine does not seem it for sure.

Will give you a bell in the next day or so.

Recaro Black Gold 182
Thanks for posting these Mark, i still have yet to take any and she hasn't left the garage, lol.

You enjoyed it really, job satisfaction if you ask me, lol.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
LoL i thought mine was bad when i bought mine!!!! Trouble with black is it never shows the swirls in dull overcast light. (viewed the car like this) I was horrified when the sun did make an apperance. Safe to say a few days with the PC + IP brought it right back. Well happy with it now.

Fiat Coupe 20vt
Crikey those are definately buffer trails! It looks like someone used a fast one speed buffer and a harsh compound. Thats a real example of what a difference to the overall appearance of a car a professional detail can make.

BMW Z4 3.0i
Simply.

f**king.

Awesome.

Out of interest, how does your car get those holograms? Mine has a couple? Is it amateur pc'ing gone wrong? Thing is my car is really shiny and has this hologram which I thought meant it had been pc'd at some point in it's life, but then it's covered in swirls still. :S Ah well, I'm getting rid so nevermind, eh?!

Absolutely fantastic job on that clio though. What's your hourly rate just for info? (Though I'm sincerely hoping new car is bloody immaculate)

ST
Simply.

f**king.

Awesome.

Out of interest, how does your car get those holograms? Mine has a couple? Is it amateur pc'ing gone wrong? Thing is my car is really shiny and has this hologram which I thought meant it had been pc'd at some point in it's life, but then it's covered in swirls still. :S Ah well, I'm getting rid so nevermind, eh?!

Absolutely fantastic job on that clio though. What's your hourly rate just for info? (Though I'm sincerely hoping new car is bloody immaculate)

Its caused by a number of things mate...

Poor washing/drying technique, poor polish/waxing technique, hand carwash/rotary brush car wash, also if the car has been in a dealer for work they'll usually wash it afterwards with an old gritty sponge..

When my car goes in to the dealer for any work i specifically ask for the job sheet so i can write at the bottom in BOLD, DO NOT WASH then i sign it, no matter how dirty my car goes it i'd rather it came back out that way!!

Recaro Black Gold 182
Just so people know, the hologram on the bonnet was created by Mark, he used his rotary with Megs polish and it initially had that effect, he hadn't seen anything like it before so he took some snaps.

He says the majority of the bad condition would've been due to the use of a carwash from the previous owner and generally poor washing technique.