ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Black insert Xenons

182 ff
Quick question guys. Are black insert xenons actually proper Black on the inside?

Bought these as "Black insert" but to me just look like a good grey. They have a slight shimmer to them. My current grey insert are pretty grey.

20200128_143631.jpg

Mbeau

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
When you put a grey insert xenon next to a black insert one, the difference should be fairly obvious.

Hard to tell from a picture though.

Dark insert xenon is a better way to describe the black ones over grey!

182 ff
When you put a grey insert xenon next to a black insert one, the difference should be fairly obvious.

Hard to tell from a picture though.

Dark insert xenon is a better way to describe the black ones over grey!
They are a lot darker, but still grey. Had never actually seen a pair so wasn't sure. Just assumed black actually meant Black.

Cheers Mbeau

182 ff
How bad are the adjusters? I might be interested in them if you would like to move them on
Adjusters are like the last couple of malteasers rolling around the box. They are in there somewhere. Haha.

I'm trying to get refunded for them as they've turned up and they've been glued together in some places. I wasnt told this. One xenon moves all over the place, it's been broken previously and badly glued back in place. Pretty poor job.
If I kept them I would be taken them apart and spending a good bit of time making them right.
20200128_133016.jpg

Attachments

• 20200128_133453.mp4
    29.7 MB
  182 ff
They look shocking - get your money back if you didn’t know.
They're actually worse than that, the photos just do t snow right inside. I'm on it, just waiting on another reply. Let's see how paying by "Goods and Services" actually helps.

Mbeau

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Adjusters are like the last couple of malteasers rolling around the box. They are in there somewhere. Haha.

I'm trying to get refunded for them as they've turned up and they've been glued together in some places. I wasnt told this. One xenon moves all over the place, it's been broken previously and badly glued back in place. Pretty poor job.
If I kept them I would be taken them apart and spending a good bit of time making them right. View attachment 1451616

All those are good for is the ballast, ignitor and bulbs if they even work! They are a joke. Must have come from a car that has been crashed. They are bound to end up with condensation inside.

Broken internal adjusters can be fixed fairly easily and there is a very good guide on here. Smashed up casings are only good to throw away!! If you were not told hopefully you will get your money back.

182 ff
All those are good for is the ballast, ignitor and bulbs if they even work! They are a joke. Must have come from a car that has been crashed. They are bound to end up with condensation inside.

Broken internal adjusters can be fixed fairly easily and there is a very good guide on here. Smashed up casings are only good to throw away!! If you were not told hopefully you will get your money back.
Apparently all the lights worked when removed the other day, so bulbs and ballast ok. The glue probably broke off in transit as did the adjusters, but it's a shoddy job at a repair attempt. You can see they've actually been cut open to glue the inside, then glued back s**t. Hahaha.

Anyway, we shall see what happens. Giving them the benefit of the doubt and being civil with them, if I get no more replies (it's been a few hours now) I'll escalate with paypal. Need to give folk a chance eh.

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
I've never seen any as bad as that before. Even if they were in perfect working order I'd be sending them back if they never said they'd been cut open before.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Jesus christ. Hope you didn't pay more than £15 for them! I binned a pair in better condition

182 ff
The girl was decent, I got the money back. She didn't take them off so didn't know they had been previously damaged.
She doesn't even want them sent back.