ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

black r26r

M2 / Golf GTI
I used to like Aruns fiesta. The guy has great taste. The new car is no exception!

why not? its winter, came from factory with swirls and he takes pride in it.

i machine polish mine and do track work

astra coupe on coilovers
why not? its winter, came from factory with swirls and he takes pride in it.

i machine polish mine and do track work
yes but yours still has swirls ;) i did mine before i went to germany the bumper and bonnet is full of stone chips

astra coupe on coilovers
imo a car like that whats the point in trying to maintain 100% correction if hes going to track the beast ? and i know what your saying he takes pride in it though

R26.R UK #021/230
Yes, this is my car, Naith directed me to the thread (cheers mate). Just past the 1000mile mark in her today.

As for the above post, I've spent £23k+ on a car that had it's weeks old paintwork mauled at delivery so it looks years old. There's nothing wrong with trying to keep it looking as it was out the factory a matter of weeks ago. I easily kept my LY R26's paintwork in perfect nick with much trackwork and sprinting, and I shall do the same with this,

Thankyou all for the kind comments, I'm very glad to hear that my old ST is remembered as well!

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Yes, this is my car, Naith directed me to the thread (cheers mate). Just past the 1000mile mark in her today.

As for the above post, I've spent £23k+ on a car that had it's weeks old paintwork mauled at delivery so it looks years old. There's nothing wrong with trying to keep it looking as it was out the factory a matter of weeks ago. I easily kept my LY R26's paintwork in perfect nick with much trackwork and sprinting, and I shall do the same with this,

Thankyou all for the kind comments, I'm very glad to hear that my old ST is remembered as well!

Your R26.R looks great mate :approve:

I was looking at a LY megane at Matins Basingstoke on sat, [i presume it was your old car] and it looked like it was well looked after inside/ and out too.

R26.R UK #021/230
Your R26.R looks great mate :approve:

I was looking at a LY megane at Matins Basingstoke on sat, [i presume it was your old car] and it looked like it was well looked after inside/ and out too.

Ah yes, that'll be my one! Don't suppose you remember what price she was going for, do you? Would be nice to see how brutal the mark up is! :D

R26.R UK #021/230
I can imagine mate, It just suprised me cos they delivered my LY meg with absolutely zero paint defects, leading me to trust them a little too much.

Anyway, it's sorted now. Can now concentrate on enjoying the drive and getting things sorted for this season's sprinting and trackdays.

astra coupe on coilovers
I can imagine mate, It just suprised me cos they delivered my LY meg with absolutely zero paint defects, leading me to trust them a little too much.

Anyway, it's sorted now. Can now concentrate on enjoying the drive and getting things sorted for this season's sprinting and trackdays.
i doubt it would of had zero defects matey no car come 100% correct its just the black shows up bloody swirls and marring looking forward to seeing the pics on track :D

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Saw this on Pheads, looks good fella. Vids up when you've been out on track!

R26.R UK #021/230
i doubt it would of had zero defects matey no car come 100% correct its just the black shows up bloody swirls and marring looking forward to seeing the pics on track :D

lol, sorry, but just no. It's not a case of black just showing the swirls and the LY not. The LY car was inspected under my dual 500W site lights as soon as she got home and certainly was not marked. Not gonna argue the case as I know the condition of my cars.

R26.R UK #021/230
Saw this on Pheads, looks good fella. Vids up when you've been out on track!

Will do, mate. Hopefully will get a cage-mount for the camera and get some nice vids. Also people have been asking for vids of the Titanium exhaust for ages so will get some drive-by ones done and things like that. For now you'll have to put up with my rubbish Dartford tunnel vid (youtube "R26R exhaust")

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
I got a gopro motorsport cam, great for exhaust vids. Comes with a suction mount, strong enough to mount outside and go for a drive with.

R26.R UK #021/230
Warren, I was looking into gopro, but i wasn't convinced of the quality?

guppy, a few pics of the. Was my first sprint weapon. Had a GroupN exhaust system, recaro bucket seats, Sabelt 6-point harnesses, LSD, adjustable coilovers. No suprise I ended up buying a car like my new Megane!

I got it to a point where it all looked too much, soon after replacing the crappy plastic roof vents (can't believe I had those) with genuine carbon vents off the ST rally cars, till they fell off so just forgot that sily idea :) I Woke up one morning and realised I hated the livery so ripped most of it off and i looked much better to me..

100_3817.jpg

VW4L0600.jpg

DSCF2629.jpg

29072007187.jpg

R26.R UK #021/230
http://www.vimeo.com/2508966
Thats with the camera front mounted, on the grill. It's not high end quality wise, but does the job. Was looking enviously at the http://www.videovbox.co.uk/ the other day.

That's a seriously good vid! Maybe it's cos of the vimeo uploading, but the youtube vids people have posted from their gopros look a lot worse.

I'll have a look at the video vbox stand when i'm at the Autosport show this weekend, see what the deal is. Looks very flashy!