ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Blue LED's in footwells

ClioSport 172 Cup
I bought this pack from Halfords a while back and i`ve never used it, consists of a unit that has presets and can also be switched to react to music, and 5 circular Blue led lights that you can stick anywhere you want. I was wondering how difficult it would be to wire these leds up under my dash so that when i open my doors at night or whenever they turn on so that the footwells glow blue? Is it alot of work, anyone done this before and know which circuit i have to splice into on the car??

Sam

Ph1 172 + Combo van
...You cant do it in a clio. The electric circuits are well to complicated and your car will die if you try and do it mate. Apparantly the car just stops working as soon as you put neons in it.

1.2 Clio
As normal,
"Hello sorry you don't meet the requirements of cliosport, therefore we will slate you."

Best bet is try and run them into your cigarette lighter.
As for running them into your door (interior light) loom, thats quite difficult.
There is a wire that goes up the passanger sides a pilllar interior cover.
It only becomes live when door's opened. However its a very small voltage from memory. So you will probably have to use a transistor to switch the unit on or off.

BMW E46 and E36
As normal,

As for running them into your door (interior light) loom, thats quite difficult.

Surely you could just run the wires up round the door seal, through the roof (above the sun visors) and then straight to the interior light.

pass on that
in my boy racer days i had them wired to the cig plug they lookes ok apart from the plug in the cig !

Black Gold Trophy
Yeah just mount it in the footwells and used the switched wire from the door that turns the interior light on and off to switch your blue leds, maybe use a relay to avoid it surging any power from the interior light.
I dont think theres anything too chavy about this to be honest, fitted footwell neons in my old corsa, looked good and made it easy to find stuff if I dropped it in the car at night.

If i was you id wire them up to the bulb in the ash tray? Only comes on when the sidelights / lights are turned on.

If your going to do that i think you will need an in line fuse somewhere so nothing catches on fire.

Wiring up blue neons to the footwells wont be looked apon as a nice mod here as you can see above, But if its your tase do it.

tbh I dont think there is anything wrong with this and agree that you should wire it up to the door switch.

ValverInBits
don't see any reason why things should go wrong or your car burn to the ground.
Do it properly. Consider the use of fuses, and wire into the door switches.

ph1 172
im looking to wire in some plain bulbs in the footwells as the single interior light in clios is crap.

the signal wire from the doors gets pulled to ground when the doors open doesnt it?

Black Gold Trophy
^ yeah im pretty sure it does, most cars do anyway, you can easily change it to positive by use of a relay

E30 318iS x2
im looking to wire in some plain bulbs in the footwells as the single interior light in clios is crap.

Just get some brighter bulbs if you haven't tried it.

Stuck some xenon white LED ones in mine tis brilliant.

Clio grande 1.2 2001
I have blue Neon tubes in my footwells and i have wired them up to the door switch too the door switch is NOT a live feed its a negative feed when the switch is closed ( door open) this will allow the circuit to be complete and the lights will turn on , what clio do u have?? and i will tell u what wire to use i hope this was some help , Aaron

Clio grande 1.2 2001
index.cfm

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
i must admit,
i do have blue neons in my footwells,
and i do occasionally turn them on,
put them in a couple of years ago,
and never bothered taking them out lol

PH1 172 Sport
I think the interior glow LED's in the new mini are pretty cool. Would be good to try replicate it in a clio.

SQ5
Had these green and blue's in my first car/clio.

P6080017-1.jpg

White ones on a door switch would look good though