ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BMC CDA induction kit, which type...

S1RST/205GTI
The number on the box for mine is ACCDASP-08 if thats any help,also note that the cold air feed you get with it is basically rubbish and a decent one will cost around £30 and you may also need a new inlet bend as the standard one is too long i found(you could cut it)so i have ordered a samco bend £50+.

255 V6 Black Gold
springer, cheers dude

i am just nipping over to leeds to venair,

get some 85mm caf, and one of those trumpets. helpful guys them!

i will worry about the carbon box later, yeah someone else on here has that samco bend, any links to websites?

255 V6 Black Gold
Ok as of now i have:-

CAF (2m 85mm varity from venair)
90 degree Bend Pipe (70mm from Venair)
Trumpet (Metal one from Venair)
Jubliee Clips and cable ties.

Now i need the following

BMC Carbon Box (and any brackets which mount it to the engine)
All the parts needed to put the breather pipe into my 90 degree bend pipe

Can anyone give me links to the above two things? obviosuly if you can just get the carbon box it would be good for me rather than shell out for the full kit when i already have a better caf and bend pipe etc.... thanks

Last edited:
  S1RST/205GTI
In the BMC kit you get:
BMC Carbon box
Fitting kit
CAF(thats crap anyway)
So its just the CAF you wouldnt need:)

255 V6 Black Gold
ah right so you dont even get a bend pipe

cool thats good stuff!!

Right now to find a BMC kit on the internet, thats local and i could pick up today.

Any ideas? demon tweeks i could, but its which type eh

Edit... theres a PDF on the site which shows you the differences in types, basically its the size of the hole at one end of the box etc, i need type C as the part which will go onto my bend pipe is 70mm matching my bend,. However all the types say "suggested upto 1.600cc" thats no good ha

plus what to do about this breather pipe situation

Last edited:
  S1RST/205GTI
The Samco bends come with a breather pipe already on,if the bend you have got is only 70mm it may be no good,dont know what other people do about a bend with no breather on,think a bmc cda induction kit is the same for a 172 cup as a 182 and the letters and numbers i have put in a post above is the part number so just quote that but best to check first before ordering.

you dont need the breather on this.

You need the CDA-SP08 which we sell at £155. The Samco bends come in at around £65 and include the oil return pipe built in.

The kit includes brackets etc so you can fit it straight on. Those VenAir CAFS are superb as we also sell those. So you only need the CDA-SP08 and your away.

I have the same setup on my 172.

255 V6 Black Gold
russ when i was over at venair at weekend he had a samco one (he tried calling you to see if i could buy it whilst i was there off you)

anyway, i got a kit from demon tweeks, going to fit it later

this oil pipe, so its not a breather is it? what actually goes through it. I have one of those mini filter things can i not just stick one of them on the end of it?

255 V6 Black Gold
Following on from this, i fitted my kit the other night

Bumper off etc, pretty fiddly.

Either way i can notice a difference compared to that crappy open air K&N i had. Less noise, but definatly picks up better.

255 V6 Black Gold
i already had rid of that when i removed the original box etc when i put a open air k&n on.

the k&n had its own aftermarket feed on it.

this has a proper 85mm caf on it, it sounds good over 5,000 and 100% feels slightly nippier, bet a £10 it will feel even better in hot summer weather, well not better but i bet its not as crap as usual.

just this weekend i am tidying up the trumpet end in the lower grill as it was getting dark when i got to that part and i had to get my bumper back on to go work next day.

next mod, 182 manifold, got mate to fit it for cheap.

that will take me to...

182 manifold
BMC CDA with CAF
Full DeCat
Power Flow Back Box
RStuning Remap (not sure if i pay paul another visit as he might advise changing the map after the BMC and the 182 Manifold)

hopeing for about 190 - 195 bhp when i get it RR.....

S1RST/205GTI
Fitting mine this weekend now i have my Samco bend,then probably Yozzasport exhaust and Rs tuning remap.Seen a 172 cup in Accy with white wheels is this yours Mick?

255 V6 Black Gold
yeah will be mate, were ya see it?

theres no other cup in accy with white wheels. theres 2 more cups i think, and a couple 182s

mine has renault sport decals down the side off the cup racer..

few tips i found with fitting it.

take bumper completley off. Do the trumpet cut out etc first and get it solidly fitted to your bumper lower grill at right hand side. Feed the caf up into battery area and put bumper back on.

then put the filter in and cut the caf lengh as needed.

ps, the difference the remap made was amazing compared to my normal car

well worth the money and pauls a sound chap!

S1RST/205GTI
See you sometimes around Burnley road but havnt seen you much since having my 182,I work at Stratstone Accrington(Sydney Street,Volvo).

255 V6 Black Gold
ahh right, yeah i used to live near burnley road but moved down clayton

the ole sydney street eh!!! my dads the president of the said working mens club....

I know (well not as a mate but i say alright to him) bury, who works at your place.

you get yourself a proper caf etc? the one that comes with the BMC is shite and not long i tell ya.

although if you have not, you can have the one which came with mine if you want to join them together.

any chance you could take a picture of the fixing bracket they have sent to hold it (presume you have a renault specific version)

i just shaped the universal one on mine but i reckon a renault one would look neater so i will copy it if i get a decent photo of it....

S1RST/205GTI
Yes I know Bury he's left now and works for Nick Gaskell motor Bodies he's just got rid of that L200 Warrior for a 307cc,said he knows some of your mates.
Got 2 metres of Caf from venair so got enough thanks.I also just shaped the universal one when i fitted it first time round with the standard bend.I have got some left over so hopefully that will be enough,looks a bit cheap though IMO.

LY 200
Nice one on making the change to the BMC mate.

I did and i could feel the difference instantly, especially mid-range over the open kit. Took a lifetime to fit but was well worth it in the end!!! :)

255 V6 Black Gold
no worries russ about missing the call

the bend i cut off robert and cut to shape works fine, and i have a breather filter on the end of the original oil breath pipe so its sorted

might make the change in the future to the samco bend if i can be bothered

Springer, ah right didnt know you had fitted it in the past, f**k using the original bend must have been tight as!!