ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

bmw 330d remap :)

e91 330d/type r mini
i had my e91 330d over with paul at rs tuning yesterday for him to check everything was all good and he decided he wanted to stick a map on it for me and have to say what a cracking job hes done (as usual)
the car drives completely different and the torque is imense and in the wet and the traction off it is just stupidly funny, still no e46 m3 but its not fun :)
he gained about 120ft lbs torque and 60+ bhp and he says i do have a slight boost leak which i need to sort sooner rather than later.
anyway heres the before and after dyno graph :)

17B450F7-2C74-4423-898D-C498277A6C87-5992-000002E0796FABC6.jpg

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Gearbox and clutch are good for it, if it's an auto box then it just manages the power just like any autobox. Doing 40-100 on motorway sliproads is hilarious with that torque.

Remapped E90 330d's are awesome.

Russ Rallye

ClioSport Club Member
Nice results, is it a manual or auto? Be interesting to see how much better on fuel it is. Keep debating whether to have my 335d mapped or not, be nice for it to be better on fuel if nothing else.
Russ

e91 330d/type r mini
It's an auto, thought it would be better for towing the mini to tracks, the main reason for putting it on the dyno for a check was because I was only showing 21mpg So thought something was wrong but apparently everything is fine but to be fair I'm only doing really short journeys dropping and picking the wife up from work which is only 1 mile each way so gone car hasn't been getting a good run at all which won't help :-(
since getting it mapped it seems to be up quite a bit but will see how it goes over the next few weeks.
as it was though it wasn't any better round town than my e46 m3 :-(

BMW M4; S1000 RR
It's an auto, thought it would be better for towing the mini to tracks, the main reason for putting it on the dyno for a check was because I was only showing 21mpg So thought something was wrong but apparently everything is fine but to be fair I'm only doing really short journeys dropping and picking the wife up from work which is only 1 mile each way so gone car hasn't been getting a good run at all which won't help :-(
since getting it mapped it seems to be up quite a bit but will see how it goes over the next few weeks.
as it was though it wasn't any better round town than my e46 m3 :-(

You'd be surprised. Granted being auto it's a bit slower on the hook up than the manual equivalent, but if you're rolling next to an M3 that's not sat at 6000rpm ready to plant it then you'll do well!

Milltek'd clio 182
i hear people having problems with these after a remap, something to do with the dpf filter if im not mistaken. but what a great gain, these cars are impressive.

e91 330d/type r mini
i hear people having problems with these after a remap, something to do with the dpf filter if im not mistaken. but what a great gain, these cars are impressive.
I can honestly say I haven't heard of any dpf issues but thanks for the heads up I will keep an eye on it to be sure. I'm going to remove at somepoint and Paul said he will map it out no problem at all so with a bit of luck I should be ok.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
I can honestly say I haven't heard of any dpf issues but thanks for the heads up I will keep an eye on it to be sure. I'm going to remove at somepoint and Paul said he will map it out no problem at all so with a bit of luck I should be ok.

Why would you want to take it off? It's that or big black clouds coming out the back of the car...

e91 330d/type r mini
Why would you want to take it off? It's that or big black clouds coming out the back of the car...
Been advised to and apparently more power and less regeneration issues, I know nothing about diesel turbos it's my first ever diesel car in over 20 years of driving.im not fussed about squeezing every last bit of power out of it but if its one thing less to go wrong then that's fine by me, as for the black smoke I'm not bothered its behind me ;-)

BMW M4; S1000 RR
I've read of flywheel problems with high torque maps on derv BMW's. My 135i map gives me 400lbft torque and 380 hp and not had any probs with clutch, g/box etc

Flywheel can cause vibrations in high gears under the high torque. Never saw it cause any actual problems though so I can't say what it could damage, just don't floor it in 5th or 6th from 1500rpm (was only a problem on WOT)

Been advised to and apparently more power and less regeneration issues, I know nothing about diesel turbos it's my first ever diesel car in over 20 years of driving.im not fussed about squeezing every last bit of power out of it but if its one thing less to go wrong then that's fine by me, as for the black smoke I'm not bothered its behind me ;-)

Nothing worse than being behind a diesel that's farting out a cloud of s**t.

Still that's not the reason I mentioned it, I used to work with a company that did diesel tuning and they did a lot of 330d's. The demo car was 300hp and 700nm and still had the DPF, had a 3.5" straight through exhaust from the DPF.

Likewise they had an E46 330d which had 320hp although that had hybrid turbo and bigger IC. It also had a completely straight pipe exhaust, but no DPF on the E46 and it was embarressing being near it when it accelerated. Literally ejected London's atmosphere out the back everytime you booted it from low revs.

Your car though, I wouldn't worry about 'one less thing to go wrong' on a diesel. If you do you might aswell sell now and buy something petrol and non-turbo.

Leon Cupra 300
The DPF's have a life. They're a serviceable part that go around 120k... Problem being they're north of a grand for the part alone.

Putting a straight bit of pipe in and mapping it out makes sense completely rather than spending over 10% of the cars value on a non-required part.

I'm going to map my 335d but I'll be deleting the DPF at the same time. Makes sense to do it together.

I was reading a thread on another forum of a 330d (E90) who had his removed and mapped and suffers no excess smoke. V Power diesel also burns cleaner so may or may not reduce smoke too.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
The DPF's have a life. They're a serviceable part that go around 120k... Problem being they're north of a grand for the part alone.

Putting a straight bit of pipe in and mapping it out makes sense completely rather than spending over 10% of the cars value on a non-required part.

I'm going to map my 335d but I'll be deleting the DPF at the same time. Makes sense to do it together.

I was reading a thread on another forum of a 330d (E90) who had his removed and mapped and suffers no excess smoke. V Power diesel also burns cleaner so may or may not reduce smoke too.

Better still remove it straight away while its still working and flog it on to pay for the remap to get it out of the system.