ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bmw advice needed

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
Trader Rating - 100%
14   0   0
  Whichever has fuel
Nice car that is. It's a crap engine though and they don't drive very nicely, but if that's what you're after, it looks a nice one.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
Trader Rating - 100%
14   0   0
  Whichever has fuel
The car is very heavy, and you can feel it twist as it has no roof. The engine is underpowered for the weight of the car.

But like I say, if you just want a smart cabrio and nothing else, it looks like a nice example. Best colour too, although I am biased.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Clio 172
Yeah I read about the car twist but didn't know how bad it was, was looking initially at the 1.8 but opted for the 2.0 or higher as it has a bit more power

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  330Ci cab
Yeah I read about the car twist but didn't know how bad it was, was looking initially at the 1.8 but opted for the 2.0 or higher as it has a bit more power

For the money I'd be wanting the 325 or 330 model. Barely noticeably different in mpg figures but a way better drive

Ive got a 330, it doesn't twist or shake. It's a very solid car and would recommend one to anyone. As said, look for a 3 litre for that price, you won't regret it

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
Trader Rating - 100%
14   0   0
  Whichever has fuel
It does twist. Go and spend a whole day in a touring/saloon/coupe then go out for a quick drive in your cab. The difference is night and day.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  330Ci cab
I've been in plenty, I wouldn't say its night and day. There's a small amount, it's lost strength without the roof, but unless your caning it over really rough ground and bouncing all over the place your not really going to notice.

My advice, go drive one and see how it feels. Not you Daniel, op

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
Trader Rating - 100%
14   0   0
  Whichever has fuel
Ive got a 330, it doesn't twist or shake. It's a very solid car and would recommend one to anyone. As said, look for a 3 litre for that price, you won't regret it

I've been in plenty, I wouldn't say its night and day. There's a small amount, it's lost strength without the roof, but unless your caning it over really rough ground and bouncing all over the place your not really going to notice.

My advice, go drive one and see how it feels. Not you Daniel, op

So it does shake?

I think I made it clear, I like the cars. Out of all the 4 seater cabs, a 46 is what i'd have (and had!) but I was just trying to point out the downfall of owning that type of car from a keen drivers point of view.

I wasn't slating the car or trying to put it down.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Scuttle shake on an E46 cab is horrendous .... made me feel sick on a bumpy road .....

Its why we went audi .... the a4 still suffers but knowhere near as bad

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  330Ci cab
So it does shake?

I think I made it clear, I like the cars. Out of all the 4 seater cabs, a 46 is what i'd have (and had!) but I was just trying to point out the downfall of owning that type of car from a keen drivers point of view.

I wasn't slating the car or trying to put it down.

i know that lol
what I was trying to say is it's not that noticeable IMO, maybe because I drive it daily, idk. No cab is rigid, we all know that, my experience is that from daily use, it's minimal that you'd notice it.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i know that lol
what I was trying to say is it's not that noticeable IMO, maybe because I drive it daily, idk. No cab is rigid, we all know that, my experience is that from daily use, it's minimal that you'd notice it.

No way is it "barely noticable" its the worst cab I have ever driven with the roof down it feels truely awful

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  330Ci cab
No way is it "barely noticable" its the worst cab I have ever driven with the roof down it feels truely awful

Emphasis was on IMO. Each to their own really, isn't it? That's why I suggested the op take one out for a test drive

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He needs to .... with the roof down ..... knowbody I know who has done that has touched one ..... just my experience .... the e90 3series is another car altogether