ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bmw E92 service history?

Z4
Seems a bit confusing with this CBS now when it comes to checking service history.
I've enquired about a 335i and I've been told when its been serviced but there's no set benchmarks I.e inspection 1 & 2 etc.

What is a full service history?! I'd need this as I'd like a comprehensive bmw warranty!

Thanks, Chris.

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50
They're time based servicing now (our Z4 has the same type system and was initially confusing when we looked at it because we were expecting the Oil > Insp 1 > Oil > Insp 2 routine).

Get's a bit difficult trying to figure what is due and when - there is a routine but it seems slightly less regimental than the older way you are expecting to see.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
How you getting on with the Z4?

I'd phone BMW and get confirmation on what needs to be done and when tbh mate.

Maybe speak to the warranty helpline? They were pretty good with me.

Failing that, speak to your local dealer?

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
It all depends on how it's driven...I.e when i got mine the pads were 10k miles, now it's at 5k miles (Only done 2k since i bought it)

The log book will still show the service history, and the iDrive will show you all the pending services required and when.

It's a little more difficult to budget for, i.e you could put 100-200 aside a month for maintenance work, but if you drive like a fanbelt 90% of the time or track it frequently the service intervals will be much quicker and therefore cost more.

Leon Cupra 300
I think at the absolute most it's 2 years or 21k for oil... If you do a lot of short journeys, or rag the s**t out of it on track every weekend then this could easily half.

So if there's a gap for longer than that for oil I'd stay away.

Other garage visits could be just for a brake fluid change, or vehicle inspection, or for a pollen or air filter.. A few things are grouped together - most things aren't! So you end up with more dealer visits. IIRC if thing's are due within 1k and 1 month they'll group together otherwise it's another trip.

If you're not 100% certain it may be worth buying a AUC 335i which will come with 1 years warranty, 2 years is negotiable and it would be a lot cheaper than buying it later on.

Z4
How you getting on with the Z4?

I'd phone BMW and get confirmation on what needs to be done and when tbh mate.

Not sure if you mean me or bubbles?
If you meant me, I still love it! Bit of a tit for wanting to sell tbh but the colour drives me mental and I'd be happier in a hardtop. I've not driven a 335i yet but I think that torque will win me over, if it doesn't have that fun I'm hoping for I could see myself in a z4 coupe in 3.0 guise. Hadn't read this until today, not bad, they're a little off the mark with the roadster IMO but meh http://www.evo.co.uk/carreviews/evocarreviews/202574/bmw_z4_30si_coupe.html

Maybe speak to the warranty helpline? They were pretty good with me.

Failing that, speak to your local dealer?

Might be worth a shout, cheers.

MINI Cooper S JCW
Hi chris
Oil services around 16-20k or 2 years
Microfilter with every oil change
Air filter and plugs With every 2nd or 3rd oil change depending on age of car
Brake fluid every 2 years
Vehicle check around 36k or 4 year

These all depend on how the car is driven

If you pm me the reg or chassis number and your email I can find out any dealer history for you tomorrow if this helps

Snotter's
19k Between services max
2 years if not doing the miles however BMW UK will supply an AUC warranty providing it hasn't exceeded 3 years between services. If it exceeds this BMW should not retail the car
Brake fluid 2 years

As above it can all vary and may change based upon driving. I just sold a 62 plate 320d auto which had done 5k and needed new rear pads!!!!!

Also the IVS check only shows dealer visits it wont show what has actually been done, for that you need to call each dealer to find out