ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

bobbie a's MK3 mini project

MK3 Clio
i've had my dynamique mk3 a while now and i have been wanting to add my own touch to it.

i stared a few weeks ago by lowering it 35mm myself.. its not a lot but now it doesn't look ridiculously high like standard clio's are
i vinyl wrapped the mirrors and fuel cap myself, wasnt too hard but i intend to re-do them as they are not 100%.
i also wrapped the roof black and this is how it looks now.
photostream
photo.php

photostream
photo.php

rather smart i think.

Plans/Future mods.
i've booked the wheels in for a black re-spray.

it needs a 197 spoiler, they look silly otherwise.
re-map
backbox/exhaust - something more meaty but not chavy.

i wouldn't mind the 197 recaro seats but they are rare/too expensive (might as well buy a 197) new seats or interior sorted/saved up for.

suggestions/criticism are/is welcome :)

MK3 Clio
there are a fair few on ebay. but i'd get more than you need and practise on your mirrors first.
keep everything warm and you'll be alright :)

MK3 Clio
i've already lowered it 35mm.. i think thats about right. any more and it'd be uncomfortable. but without it a clio is a 4X4!

That looks great! love the wrapping interior and the roof, wouldnt mind doing mine especially the interior center plate and the trim, itll look a little like the mk4 interior. top notch! them black rims suit the red well.

I'm thinking about getting this spoiler for my car; http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=2719&catid=&appid=5&pic=2
Its subtle but changes the look, i wanted the 182 spoiler but its a bit OTT (my opinion, all to their own)

Chris

MK3 Clio
havent posted on here in a while but starting to subtly modify the mk3.

started yesterday morning on axel stands
jacked - front and low.JPG

i then attacked the inner arch liners and undid the necessary bolts to remove the front bumper with help from Biohzrd's thread here -
http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?357066-Mk3-Front-Bumper-Removal
this gave me this,
bumer off - side.JPG

after a bit of fiddling i replaced the standard bulbs with super white's. you cant really see it in the day light but its a fair improvement at night as well as aesthetically IMO.
bumper off - light comparison close.JPG white light - front left.JPG white light - front right non hid.JPG
the passenger light has been changed to super whites and the driver's side hasn't.
i also put super white bulbs in the interior and rear number plate. this proved particularly tricky as the boot and rear number plate light covers snapped off.. even though i was being delicate and patient!!
french piece of s***

Whilst i had the bumper off I took off the fog lights and wrapped them in yellow tint.
this was fairly straight forward, particularly as its only two bolts to undo the light
jacked - front high.JPG fog light - 1:4 complete.JPG
once i had the wrap on i used a heat gun to trim and shrink the edges to make sure the glue wasnt stretched over the edge as this causes the tint/vinyl wrap to unstick
this gave the following result
fog light - 1:2 complete.JPG fog light - complete.JPG

i rebuilt the front end and now the subtle changes look pretty sweet i think.
it was a lot of work just for a small change but i prefer it and think its pretty sweet.
this is how Megatron sits now..
front left view elevated.JPGfront left view.JPGfront left.JPGwhite light - day.JPG

i was hoping to change the grill to an RS Grill but the shop sent me the wrong one so i have to wait for that adventure.
i also have a black TRS tow strap which i haven't figured out how to fix as i believe you need a long m16 bolt.

my next plans are
sticker on the lower driver's side window, above the small driver's side grill and in parallel with the grill, sticker on the bottom left of the boot lid. - i want it to be the same brand but haven't found a suitable brand/slogan/group etc yet and don't want it to look stupid.

colour code the rear bumper by painting the bump strips red.
20-30mm hub-centric spacers on the rear
decat, although i haven't looked at how to remove the exhaust and replace the cat.
de wiper the rear
sort out body work where, on numerous occasions the great british public have scraped my rear right quarter and keyed the driver's side of my car.
possibly coil overs, although i like how she sits and handles currently.
might replace the speakers at a later date, they crackle on bassier music but work fine at lower volumes

i was thinking of stripping the interior but its a rather nice and comfortable place to be.

hopefully more to come by the end of the summer.
thoughts and comments welcome

Attachments

• jacked - front and low.JPG
    jacked - front and low.JPG
    57.2 KB · Views: 142
  • bumer off - side.JPG
    bumer off - side.JPG
    56.7 KB · Views: 94
  • fog light - 1:4 complete front.JPG
    fog light - 1:4 complete front.JPG
    56.3 KB · Views: 137
Last edited:
  MK3 1.2
Looks good that!!

I have the same colour. Do you have trouble with keeping the paintwork immaculate?

Also mate i can get you an RS Grill for £28?

MK3 Clio
pretty much, especially because of the amount of pigeons in our area!

its not so much getting a new grill but getting my money back from the LED grill to be honest, considering eBaying it but doubt ill get a lot for it as it looks disgusting.

​thanks anyway

MK3 Clio
Was able to get my LED grill (seen below) sent back today for a refund. hopefully the replacement (without the LED's) will be here soon
$(KGrHqQOKpMFGUrM-dUuBRu,J6BYGg~~60_57.jpg

MK3 Clio
The replacement grills came today so i set about fitting them.
was pretty easy actually, just pull the grill up and towards the centre of the vehicle from the nearest light cluster.
photo 1.JPG
photo 2.JPG

finished product:
photo 3.JPG

Next mods I'm thinking of are:

20% or 30% rear window tints.. but unsure if they're chavvy or not. could look smart as my mk3 is black and red?
de-wiper the rear windscreen
wheel spacers either - 20mm all round
20mm/25mm rear and no fronts
25mm rear and 20mm front

Clio MK3- Chatterbox
Looks nice, same wheels as mine i think,

Do like a nice polished red car, always a winner......

​Craig

Superleggera'd MK3
I wouldnt have the tints personally mate....big no no lol.

Also, the spacers will depend on whether you keep the same wheels or not :) I know someone with the same wheels as you and he runs 20mm all round but he could maybe push to 25mm on the back

MK3 Clio
I wouldnt have the tints personally mate....big no no lol.

Also, the spacers will depend on whether you keep the same wheels or not :) I know someone with the same wheels as you and he runs 20mm all round but he could maybe push to 25mm on the back

thanks man, will look into it!

MK3 Clio
got given some free AUTOGLYM and Honda Racing sunnies from work so going to give my little MK3 a good clean this week!
Screen shot 2013-06-24 at 17.33.13.jpg

MK3 Clio
finished de-wipering my boot today!.. took bloody ages mind
i popped the inner boot cover off to reveal the wiper motor which is as follows,
IMG_2052.jpg
sorry for the poor quality, but i unclipped the wiper motor's electrics then drilled through the rivets with a small drill bit and gradually increased the drill bit size as i wanted to be gentle.
after the rivets were out i popped the boot down and took the wiper cap out.
IMG_2053.jpg
i undid this 13mm nut.. but that got me nowhere because there is another nut in the wiper itself. i tried twisting the blade by holding the motor but it wasn't budging.
i couldnt find a hack saw to cut the right hand side of the wiper blade off so resorted to drilling around the nut in the wiper. this gave the same effect and i was able to pull the wiper motor back through the inside.
IMG_2054.jpg- ta daaa.
i was going to keep the rubber bung as i thought it would help to seal the hole, but its a bit thick. i will try to cut it down at a later date so my cap fits over it.
IMG_2055.jpg
i cleaned up my mess and had a think.. if i was going to do it again i would leave the motor on and try to get the blade off first. i think that would be easier.. as now i cant put my wiper back on without significant cost :/.
i also haven't put the boot trim back on as its an absolute ***** to re-attach.

but i did notice that i need new rear tyres... oops
IMG_2057.jpg

MK3 Clio
got started on colour coding this weekend.
i started with the centre console and vents, i had previously wrapped the vents but i took it off because it didn't look good at all.
IMG_2091.jpg
the centre console was pretty easy to get off and so are the vents. just went careful with a flat blade screw driver.

IMG_2111.jpgIMG_2112.jpg

after a few coats of primer, black paint and lacquer they turned out like above.

IMG_2115.jpg
and this is the finished product, pretty happy with the finish and how even each coat turned out.

next mod i think will be to paint the outside's bump strips red and do something with the radio as it looks out of place now.

Last edited: