ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bolt in wheel valves.

Ad

MK2 FRS

Has anyone go these fitted? Made by Richbrook (Ithink) can be seen in Demon Tweeks catalogue. They look really smart. However, my local alloy/tyre dealer says that there not upto much. But he cant supply them so am not convinced that he was not being honest.
Any opinions?

Ill post a review/opinion of them when i get the alloys tomorrow and after a while.

Only thing i hear is that you need to check your tyre pressures regular...more than usual...but i check them at least monthly anyway...so i cant see a problem

Demon tweeks kindly threw them in with a set of thacham locking nuts as a "goodwill" gesture (along with overnight delivery free) for screwing up with the superLs

Ta
J

GR7

Shiny red R32

Jamie, what was your problem with the Super Ls? Was it Damien who caused it??

When I had new wheels put on my last car, the wheel guys used metal valves, but on my new wheels they havent used them as now they dont recommend them. I also had metal valve caps with the Pug logo on and I lost count of how many sets I replaced because of lads who used to collect them!!

I am little further miffed today to add to my frustration with Demon Tweeks...

Only 3 alloys turned up today, but my flush fit valves are not on them....also my locking wheel nuts are missing....

Now i can live with the valves missing cos i was in 2 minds anyway....

My first experience of demon tweeks is rapidly going down hill and i dunno if i am gonna bother with them again.

Although i guess it wasnt entirely their fault OZ shipped 1 odd one.

1 thing i am a little disappointed to learn today is that the 17" superL weighs EXACTLY the same as the 17" superT

I am now wishing i hadnt bothered switching as getting the lightweight wheels was the entire point of it..i have written to OZ asking why they advertise the SuperL as being 30% lighter unless the tyre weighs more than the alloy at 10kg?

Rant over for now

Jamie

Ad

MK2 FRS

Jamie, have you gone for toyos again? Its interesting that you only got three alloys as demon tweeks told me that they only had three toyos in stock. It was last week, however, they did not know when they were getting some more in. This might be completely irrelevant, but if they delay even more this is the maybe the reason why.
Have used demon tweeks a few times and havent had any problems myself. You would have thought someone would query why there was only 3wheels!!!

Wallis i can absolutely assure you that OZ SuperLs are a feck load lighter than SuperTs!!

I have 17" SuperLs and they weigh only 1kg lighter wheel+tyre than my standard phase 2 rims!!

I dont remember the exact weights but i posted them on an earlier thread...

I would agree that OZ are lighter generally...my OZ superTs in 17" were the same as the standard 16"s at 17.5kg but i was hoping the superLs were gonna be lighter still...am disappointed...wouldnt have gone to the hassle of changing the wheels otherwise.

I didnt get Toyo again, the same comment from demon tweeks..only had 3 toyos....so i got falken fk451s.

The problem at demon tweeks is that as they were fitting on the car (i went up there monday) they opened up the 3rd alloy box and it was the silver colour rather than grey so they offered to pay the delivery and throw in the valves and locking nuts free for inconvenience....however, only 3 alloys turned up today and no flush valves or locking nuts (they could turn up with the 4th wheel tomorrow hopefully) if not i am on the phone

Ta
Jamie

I know the alloy weights 7kg (according to OZ)

But i took off a SuperT(17), standard (16) and superL (17) and they all weighed 17,5 kg

and its not a dodgy scale

Ta
J

metal valves are stress, they corrode and the rubber perishes in the same way as normal valves so they do need replacing as regularly (when new tyres are fitted) i can get tiny little black rubber valves cheaply, thats what i have got on mine and you can hardly see them anyway, if any one wants any let me know

e mail - truckrightoff@hotmail.com