ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bomber's Reliable Savage Supercharged Snorting Slut of a Ph1

Re: Bomber's PH1 - Just got Awesome. Post #375

lol! Cheers guys. This was a funny shot of you guys leaving! Got to laugh at it now, sorry I kind of spoiled the end of the trip :(

DSC_6161.jpg

Qashcow

as you all know, we went round europe last week. 2209 miles of amazingness.

2010_06_06_2055.jpg

2010_06_07_2281.jpg

2010_06_07_2327.jpg

2010_06_12_2599.jpg

nothing at all went wrong with the car once, upto the Nurburgring. hammering it round the karussell one too many times in 2nd gear made a dying drive shaft die much quicker. had to limp home at varying speeds depending what stopped the car violently shaking itself to death.

got my hands dirty yesterday and changed the drivers side driveshaft over. 30mm nut was a ***** to get off but once that was done, 30 minutes later the wheel was back on. simple fix, not bad considering the abuse the car's had recently!

340i

you just need some "weight" behind the hub nut ;)

Good work Bummer, atleast it was an easy / cheap fix!

Coupe/Defender V8

i'd say an already knackered driveshaft after a trip at the ring considering the age is pretty good going Bomber tbh

Qashcow

me too salty, when people say how unreliable renaults are i want to punch them pretty hard.

ive not done a huge amount of mileage in it over the last 4 years, maybe 12k miles but theyre hard miles or round a track. a total of 2 wheel bearings and a drive shaft is pretty fricking reliable lol (touch wood)

340i

Nothing worse than grabbing a cold hard knob on a dark winters morning.. :eek:

TrackCar & F30 330d

The metal gear knob on my dads Aston heats up :cool:

Not sure if its meant to but its quite a nice feeling when driving :)

Right i will keep on the look out for a new gear knob. Is the Ph1 gearknob screwed on of bonded on?

Qashcow

very possibly going to sell my clio :(

am after a bit of money to help with a house move prior to buying a megane R26 with the missus. im not desperate for it to sell, but if anyone's interested give me a PM.

an advert will be made eventually....... it wouldnt be for less than £3k mind

and for those who didnt know, its the PH1 at the top of the cliosport banner with the orange and green wheels ;)

340i

1 of the famous TTE four has gone... Could this be another going? :)

Golf GTD Mk7

Boo, what is it with you lot and going to the dark side ;) NA all the way

Rob

ClioSport Moderator

FFSnake, you all build epic cars, do one epic trip and now you're all trying to sell? Did something happen on this trip we don't know about? LOL!

Your cage + My wheels would = Awesome.

340i

Boo, what is it with you lot and going to the dark side ;) NA all the way

We've seen sense? ;)

FFSnake, you all build epic cars, do one epic trip and now you're all trying to sell? Did something happen on this trip we don't know about? LOL!

WHAT... who have you spoken to, who told you? God dammit we all swore to secrecy!!

what happened in the swiss alps with the bottle of baby oil and selection of vegetables stay in the swiss alps. END OF, ok?

340i

ooohhh eeerrrrrmm... yeeeeah......... just forget I said that.

Golf GTD Mk7

lol. They've fallen in love with the rears...................Meg rears that is ;)

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

1 of the famous TTE four has gone... Could this be another going? :)

oh.... i kinda saw this coming, shame though.... mine is in massive amounts of peices but it will return, i dunno why you guys gave up on yours...lol

see above...

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

Why's yours in bits again Neil? If that intake system finds its way to sidcup, I won't complain, honest.

needed some tweaking....but i am fully abusing the whole car now...
if some large funds found there way to my account i may entertain the intake system finding its way to sidcup...lol

Qashcow

ive not given up Neil, but i force myself to drive it now to the point of not wanting to take it out even if its damp because i want to keep it in good condition (minus the bonnet ding). its pointless owning a car that lives in the garage when i have no reason not to use it. as me and emma are moving in, we can sell her mini and buy the meggy for not a great deal of extra cash.

however, if i ended up in the new job i am hoping for, i can keep the clio, buy a meggy for us both and do ALOT more tracktime :)

(i ought to check its not been stolen, not opened the garage for 2 weeks)

Sunflower 172 :)

very nice mate loving the cage, but tbh if you have a crash with those harnesses at that angle its going to break your back :( they need to point down and not up or your going to get seriously injured

Qashcow

very nice mate loving the cage, but tbh if you have a crash with those harnesses at that angle its going to break your back :( they need to point down and not up or your going to get seriously injured

200% incorrect mate, they are at the perfect angle to NOT break my back. having them bolted to the floor will compress my spine and leave me crippled for life...

the shoulder straps need to be horizontal or down to 20 degree's south.

Sunflower 172 :)

2010_05_30_1865.gif

from what i can see in this picture mate your harnesses point upwards and not horizontal is that correct?? according to these fia rules http://www.securon.co.uk/fitting/extras/fiaharnessfitting.htm your harnesses are at the wrong angle and will cause injury?? please enlighten me if i am wrong on this, all im going off is these rules and the advice of a good friend who drives in the clio cup rounds :) thanks

Qashcow

i see what you mean from the picture yep, the picture is at an angle so isnt too clear tbh. when seated, the harness comes off the shoulder at 0 degree angle so is fine :)

its sagging in that photo from the weight of the curled up material and because its not secured in at the buckle

Qashcow

got bored tonight and fitted this rude boi, old OMP toy eye in for sale section

2010_08_26_3005.gif

2010_08_26_3007.gif

2010_08_26_3009.gif

2010_08_26_3010.gif

340i

Latest trend IIRC ;)

Some of the local Saxo gayers have been rocking these for a few weeks haha