ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bomber's Reliable Savage Supercharged Snorting Slut of a Ph1

Qashcow
Re: Project 172:Unknown Direction

nearly finished the welding today. got the main X section in the car now. i was going to do a harness bar but im not sure i can be arsed. its alot oh hassle to do it and i cant do it to bring the harness upto the correct dimensions anyway

DSC00747.gif

PaulyA610

ClioSport Club Member
  Venturi,GTT van,

Welder + Angle grinder + Adey = well usually a clio with a R5 turbo lump knowing him, glad to see you kept him focused!!LOL. This is a great project, I currently have scheppys old black ph1 and I know Adey very well he is a good mate. He has my old Renault 11 Turbo, Looks a very good build bud keep up the good work.

Qashcow

i love adeys R11, its a great little car. goes pretty damn well now too!!

ah, i see it all the time on bristol road. Adey had said you worked there. he was trying to get me on track with you guys a few weeks ago but i couldnt make it, ive got too much saving for the ring and other bits at the mo to spend on actually driving it properly :(

thanks for the kind words

TrackCar & F30 330d

I see what you mean about not been able to weld the harness bar in the right place. Thats a bit of a bu*ger.

Wouldnt mounting the harnesses a little bit higher be better than where they are now?

Cage does look good tho.

Cant wait to get mine :)

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member

Aiii looking pimptastic, gota sort me a cage to now tho. Dnt worry about flexing the cage in, if we welded it where it landed it woulda been about as much use ase a chocolate fire guard in a crash

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

haaawwwwsome
do you think you can fit a bucket seat, a box of harnesses and a box of HT leads in the back if someone asked nicely?

Qashcow

made so much sense when you said about it adey, id not even thourght about it! cheers for spending the morning doing it :)

Wurzel, cheeky sod. yea not a problem, how big is the bucket seat box? we'll get it in the car somehow either way lol. the cage needs to come out for painting anyway so we could do that if needed

PaulyA610

ClioSport Club Member
  Venturi,GTT van,

Mate you will have to pop in when you are passing , it would be nice to have a look round the beast bud!!

Qashcow

havent really done much over the last few weeks, other than i've started driving it again rather than having it collect dust in the garage.

welded in some harness bars on sunday, they're far enough up to be within the -5 and 30 degree's or whatever it is, but also low enough to allow both 3" straps to sit neatly.

next up, door bars tomorrow night then all ready for some paint...... had a quote today from my neighbours brother and price was immense. so interior and cage getting painted ready for me to rebuild the car by the spring action day at Coombe in a week and a half

kawazaki Green or orange cage people??

DSC00735.gif

DSC00733.gif

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car

yeah go green, then again you could become of the growing orange club?!

Qashcow

my only worry is the orange may clash with my hair ;)

green is where its at IMO too, its a metalic too, cage and interior painted for £peanuts tbh!!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel

Get the sprayer to run some black over the back of that passenger seat too! ;)

Qashcow

daniel, you are the first person to comment (other than jay) on the seats. eventually, they'll both get sprayed the same colour.

tbh, i need to swap the passenger seat for a 30mm wider version, too many fat friends

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel

tbh, i need to swap the passenger seat for a 30mm wider version, too many fat friends

lol. I need to lose about a stone before I can fit back in mine! Its been just over a year since I drove it in anger and now it takes me 40 minutes to wedge myself in!!

Qashcow

hah, emma wasnt having any of it, moaning like a trooper when we went out the other day in mine lol.

got the cage out the car last night, late nights and s**t dinner FTL!! finished welding the door bars in etc. got to sand my s**t welds down over the weekend ready for mondays painting

DSC00737.gif

DSC00736.gif

Qashcow

did a bit of work yesterday. havent had the cage back yet sadly, but got the car back with the painted interior.

got on with finishing the cut wiring loom

2010_04_23_1676.gif

2010_04_23_1675.gif

gave up with trying to wash the wheels, 18months of dirt wouldnt budge so i sanded them and painted black again. simples

2010_04_23_1672.gif

before
2010_04_23_1674.gif

after
2010_04_23_1673.gif

and at coombe today...

4548761100_2ff13eebe2_b.jpg

should have my cage back by next weekend too

Qashcow

cheers neil

nope, wont be there Rich. im on a mega savings plan at the moment and car doesnt seem to appear much is the expenditure side :(

Qashcow

cage wont be painted in any great rush either now. the sprayer man came off his crosser on the weekend and broke his arm, elbow and hand. not great news, so long as its dont my june 4th....

172 5HED

Jut read thru, great work mate! Makes me realiseI have a long way togo on mine :(

340i

just to make things look neater you can route the cables through the skin of the car, through the rear seat belt hole, down to the front seatbelt hole! :)

Qashcow

i tried doing that Gray, i couldnt get the cables out the boot lid though. mind you it was winter and chilly when i tried so gave up easily. think i may give it another go tonight

340i

i tried doing that Gray, i couldnt get the cables out the boot lid though. mind you it was winter and chilly when i tried so gave up easily. think i may give it another go tonight

ahh I think there held on by clips, just pop out and readjust to suit :)

Qashcow

i'll have a look tonight. ive got to change the throttle body over with a megane one tonight too.

cheers Kev, ive been keeping an eye on your thread too :)