ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bomber's Reliable Savage Supercharged Snorting Slut of a Ph1

TrackCar & F30 330d
Re: Bomber's Awesome Ph1 Track Slut

Yeah thats a really good idea i like that. When you say its rubbing on the bumper can you not just file a little bit off your bumper? Or do you mean the astual flat inner metal arch?

Qashcow

at the moment its just the plastic bumper. i just filled it with fuel and i'm going to bung a load of weight into the rear end over the week and see where it hits, then attack it with power tools.

the arches are starting to rust very slightly so may get this fixed over the winter, or just let the car rust to pieces. havent decided yet

CLIO PH1 172

2010_10_09_3653.gif

this is exactly what i was thinking of doing i thought you was getting some proper spacers made (circular hub ones), and i was thinking hmmm i might just dril some steel plates, but i see this is what you have really

very nice ideas and looks so much better nice one

Qashcow

ah i see what you mean. they were going to be neat lazer/water cut ones but would need to make alot to make it financially worthwhile.... hence the drilled plates instead. went through all 40mm on a pillar drill with 8mm and 10mm drills and all went to plan really. im chuffed to bits with the results

Qashcow

rear was done with the two 1.25mm washers in the bottom holes on the hub, same as camber shims basically

340i

dey luk siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiik!

Top work mate... I was going to do a smiler thing to my 172, even measuered up a template ready to be machined :(

Qashcow

and then you made the biggest mistake of your adult life, and sold it :(

Qashcow

Don't fit 20mm on the back, it's too wide lol. Adey had some 15mm sheet at work so has spliced me up some more spacers. Need to fit them this week as were off to snetterton on the weekend in it, dont have much time off work sadly :(

CLIO PH1 172

Don't fit 20mm on the back, it's too wide lol. Adey had some 15mm sheet at work so has spliced me up some more spacers. Need to fit them this week as were off to snetterton on the weekend in it, dont have much time off work sadly :(

Surely it depends on the offset of the wheels as we'll whether u can have 20mm on the rear l ?

Qashcow

well yes, using the standard OZ F1 is too wide with -3 degree's of rear camber. standard is about -1 degree

if i was having new wheels, i would get a wheel with a 15mm wider offset

monaco 172
Re: Bomber's PH1 - Just got Awesome. Post #375

been readin this for the last hour. had i have to say its fookin sweet. would love to do it but have a kid so need my back seats. love the roof really looks well on the silver. fair play man.

TrackCar & F30 330d

Where did you get your steel from? And i dont suppose you have the dimentions of the squares you cut?

Qashcow

local steel works, didnt cost a penny. scraps off the floor basically, they cut them to size for me i think 75mm square. ive got the measurement in my van so could let you know in the morning.

7 weeks after ordering them, my front wheel spacers turned up at last :-D will stick them on the car tomorrow and do another before and after

Qashcow

Chrispy, the plates are 75x75mm. any bigger and the one side will hit the ABS sensor but i think your getting rid of that anyway?

at long last these 25mm FK spacers turned up, got the car out the garage and fitted them. ignition + fuel gauge doesnt move = sad bom bom, so popped up the road to put some go go juice in, no scrubbing on full lock at all. no pics from the front/side

Cars off the road till Feb next year now, only one journey it will take to our new home outside of Gloucester. saving money for a special purchase which i'll post about next week ;) some people already know...

2010_11_13_3692.gif

Untitled-1.gif

TrackCar & F30 330d

Oh right cheers mate, I cant get the rear ABS sensor off atm, the torx screw got all mangled :( will have to do a bit of drillage.

I'm after the same spacers for mine, are they made out of alloy? and how much did you purchase them for? :)

Qashcow

yep theyre alloy, came out about £105 or something like that after postage. not cheap, but proper items as we all know

TrackCar & F30 330d

I've seen Steal Hubcentric spacers are £60 so might as well spend a bit more and get Alloy items.

Which website did you get them from and last question, can run studs with those spacers?

Qashcow

Got them from venom motorsport, took ages to get in as they came from Europe in one of their big orders. i would assume you can use studs with them, burpspeed run the identical Eibach ones with studs

TrackCar & F30 330d

Oh i meant where did you get the studs and nuts from, but yes what length are the studs?

182cup & 172 racecar

Think they came from Tweeks and I think they were the 80mm ones,didn't really need them on the front as they screw into the spacers, 60mm would have done.Saying that they are just about level with the outer edge of the wheels so they are ok,makes getting wheels on and off much easier.

Qashcow

well done Tony, got there at last :)

well well well, look what turned up from santadey today....

pipe.gif

plate.gif

TrackCar & F30 330d

Oh i see you have bought the new twisted decat pipe and a new coilpack bracket ;) ;) ;) ;)

221bhp/ton Mondial Terror

Very tasty Dave. Cant wait till uv had it done!:cool: