ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bomber's Reliable Savage Supercharged Snorting Slut of a Ph1

Qashcow
Re: Bomber's Savage Supercharged Snorting Slut of a Ph1

And dont forget, it's only gay if you push back

Evo 5 RS

Mike waits for the release of "Ring Trip: The deleted scene edition"

340i

Bang tidy.

We shouldn't all be allowed within a 100 meter vacinity of each other FLOL!

Qashcow

Well, I knew it would happen. It doesn't work. So I've come in for some dinner cus I'm starvin'

Ignition switches on, fuel pump primes and ec1 connects to laptop. Turn off ignition..... oh wait a second, OFF YA b*****d!!!!!!

I've got 7volts at the 'switched ignition' even without the key in the car, until live is disconnected and reconnected when all is good again, until I turn the key... :(

Dinner, cider, go back out and look at s**t. An exciting Saturday night to be had. luckily, the bird has gone tut' pictures

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1

arse! good luck finding the prob, once found im sure it will be an easy fix

Qashcow

Will call Matt on Monday if I've not solved it, glad I managed to get this far this soon, would not if wanted this worry next thursday night!!

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member

Try another switch live bud, check it with a multimeter to make sure it's a good one or I can pop up tomoz and u can use the same one as me. I recon that'll sort it

340i

Oh bugger...

I know the problem...

You need a few more ciders

And then get the hammer out

Done.

It sounds to me like you have a backfeed somewhere. It is important EC1 sees the ignition switched 12V drop to less than a volt so it gracefully shuts down the engine, writes it's data log etc. etc.

I'd be having a quick butchers around common points for a backfeed i.e. Lambda sensor heater, you know it's not a 5V sig back feeding as 1) that's quite hard to manage and 2) you've got 7 volts showing.

Failing that and as a quick fix find another switched live that actually drops to zero, if none of them do you're back feeding the main relay somehow.

Bell me if needs be, just PM'd you my mobile.

Qashcow

Ah only just saw your reply Matt, without the Renault ecu plugged in it seems to be switching off as it should, plug Renault ecu back in and it's bust again. One thing we found is that the Renault ecu is priming the fuel pump (with ec1 disconnected) which it shouldnt be as that's wired to the ec1 loom.

Jay has just left mine (thankyou very much for popping over) and we couldn't resolve anything really. If the fuel pump relay is removed it's fine as well as another relay (can't remember which one now) and also the main fuse

We unplugged the Renault ecu and tried starting it up after the setup procedure, would crank over but not fire. Crank signal all over the place so will swap that in the morning.

At the moment I'm very very tempted to take up an offer of a lift up there on friday

ITB'd MK1

sounds a bit like your back feeding via something with a resistance thats dropping 12v to 7v. A temp sensor would be the most obvious thing to me being that they are essentially resistors

when piggybacking with the stock ECU in place I normally leave the stock ECU to do the fuel pump, just for simplicity

340i

What's connected to the EC1 for the ignition feed? (is it spliced/tapped into something)?

I know nothing about the EC1... Go back to basics, check everything you have wired in?

Come on Bomber yoooooou caaaaaaan dooooo iiiiiiiiiiit

Qashcow

Taken the ignition feed from renault ecu and spliced it. It's beyond me now, will re wire it and check it but other than that it's going to TDF by trailer on thursday hopefully

340i

When you disconnect the EC1 and put the ignition on / off... What voltage do you get off that ecu ignition wire?

Battery charged up?

Taken the ignition feed from renault ecu and spliced it. It's beyond me now, will re wire it and check it but other than that it's going to TDF by trailer on thursday hopefully

Fiver says you're back feeding the fuel pump relay with the lambda heater and therefore back feeding the main relay as well.

In 12 years I've never seen anything back feed through a temp sensor as they have no voltage anywhere near them (pull up is internal to the ECU), aren't wired with anything that has the possibility to leak voltage into them and in the case of NTC sensors are usually a path to earth anyway.

Qashcow

Cheers Matt, am waiting on a guy picking up the old interior and will be home shortly after that to try it. Fingers crossed :)

ITB'd MK1

Fiver says you're back feeding the fuel pump relay with the lambda heater and therefore back feeding the main relay as well.

In 12 years I've never seen anything back feed through a temp sensor as they have no voltage anywhere near them (pull up is internal to the ECU), aren't wired with anything that has the possibility to leak voltage into them and in the case of NTC sensors are usually a path to earth anyway.

just a bit of lateral thinking really, due to the odd voltage thats being seen.

Odd voltage will be because its a Lambda sensor back feed and the heater acts like a resistor.

It was a Lambda heater back feed BTW, sorted now :)

Qashcow

That bits sorted, it still won't start lol. and now I have fuel in open wound and it hurts :p

Qashcow

Still no joy with it, will try briefly when I get home from the inlaws but other than that it's into the trailer.

Not sure wether it's just flooded from the days fannying around

Qashcow

Ive done all i can, am leaving the last part of the cars current journey to the hero's that are Tony Hunter and Matt.

just had to renew my insurance policy, 260bhp with like for like replacement on every item inc charger and cage etc wasnt too bad, was a little worried about that phonecall lol...