ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bomber's Reliable Savage Supercharged Snorting Slut of a Ph1

340i
Re: Bomber's Savage Supercharged Snorting Slut of a Ph1

yes yes yes yes yes yes :D it's all coming together!

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

can't freaking wait, mate can you link me to wear you got your heat shrink / wire wrap from please...

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1
Good progress mate!! Did you mock up the charger bracket and have it made? is it similar to the rs tuning one?

Qashcow

Neil, self amalgamating tape off eBay and I can't remember where the heat shrink is from, Matt gave me the details so will check my emails for you

Dave, it's an omex bracket basically, last ones in existence from what I can gather

Evo 5 RS

nowt wrong with the lastomex brackets, fixed that issue before time began lol

good work

221bhp/ton Mondial Terror

Fantastic update Dave. Shame you dont live by me anymore!:( U must be getting really excited now?

ITB'd MK1

Honestly dont know. Dont think there was anything broken, just didn't suit the car

340i

Admittantly mine where V2's.... The V1's are fixed dampening, but I've driven on V1's and they have always been spot on!

Possibly something wrong with Adeys?!

Qashcow

Oh my Christ everything seems to be taking so long!! I spent 4 hours last night, yes 4 fricking hours cutting up various samco rubber and ally hoses to create this bodged article that I'm calling an airfilter. It also contains the 32mm restrictor. (yes it is meant to be cut at that angle)

Had to use ally pipe on the inlet bend, on the rollers last week adey's bogged out on WOT as the samco 4 ply pipe collapsed in on itself.

75296ef0.gif

Tonight I finished the wiring, I fitted the M6 coolant temp sensor and new wiring for the IAT sensor then taped it all up, then untaped it when I realised two wires were wrong, then re-taped it and am now hoping I've done it right.

Matt won't be happy, but I'm happy for my first attempt ;)

f9fa81d2.gif

4982791f.gif

Huge thanks to Jay and Tony for lending me one last part so I can get it started maybe on the weekend. Still a few bits to buy before that though :(

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member

Awesome buddy, mines back in for more mapping next week so might get a few more ponies. Gearbox is defo a bit short now even tho it's the longer ratioed 172 box, to much power now really. Guna be cool as f**k with both of them joining round the shire :-D my kws arnt that bad but not stiff enough for the speed this carries now, runs out of travel mid corner, were totaly fine with less power all I can think is the extra power is making the cars weight shift alot fast while cornering?? Glad it's coming together I just need to copy your inlet setup now to stop my pipe collapsing

340i

I hate both of you... you supercharged b******s :(

x

Golf GTD Mk7

It's a bit strange Adey, but it might have something to do with the extra weight under the bonnet also? or where the weight is? Although it's probably very similar weight to standard under there now i'd imagine. Time for a suspension upgrade ;) Is it just struggling to keep the power down in bend, or is the handling bad in general?

I hate both of you... you supercharged b*****ds :(

x

Get that b00st of yours turned up a bit and you might be able to keep up :cool:

Dave, are you not going to be covering the ECU's with something to prevent potential water issues?

Last edited:
  340i

the weight difference will be nothing... as its pretty much off set by the removal of the aircon.

Qashcow

If kw's aren't up to it then I'm fucked with fk's lol.

Both ecu's are waterproof/resistant so won't be covering them. Don't wana be hiding the sexual EC1 ;)

Oil cooler can get finished tonight Hopefully, only thing then is to sort the PAS as the one I've had made won't fit neatly enough. Sc/aux belt arrives at lunch time

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member

It's a bit strange Adey, but it might have something to do with the extra weight under the bonnet also? or where the weight is? Although it's probably very similar weight to standard under there now i'd imagine. Time for a suspension upgrade ;) Is it just struggling to keep the power down in bend, or is the handling bad in general?

No it's only bad on b roads, on track it's sweet with the smooth and flat but when you hit a succession of bumps (typical b roads) it compresses down and runs out of travel when really hacking it and the back end gets a bit twitchy. Will do fine for now, perfect for track tho I might get some heavier poundage springs for now

Golf GTD Mk7

If kw's aren't up to it then I'm f**ked with fk's lol.

Both ecu's are waterproof/resistant so won't be covering them. Don't wana be hiding the sexual EC1 ;)

Oil cooler can get finished tonight Hopefully, only thing then is to sort the PAS as the one I've had made won't fit neatly enough. Sc/aux belt arrives at lunch time

Fare one, the EC1 does look nice :approve: (want!!! :(). Although I wouldn't trust the OEM ECU for being water proof. I'm sure Jord or Whitely had issues with theirs. "Renault Waterproof/Resistant" = FAIL ;)

No it's only bad on b roads, on track it's sweet with the smooth and flat but when you hit a succession of bumps (typical b roads) it compresses down and runs out of travel when really hacking it and the back end gets a bit twitchy. Will do fine for now, perfect for track tho I might get some heavier poundage springs for now

Ah ok, i'm with you now. So the rears are slightly stiff, causing the back to flick on bumps. How adjustable are the KW v1s?

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member

There not lol povo spec, don't intend on going down the back roads often, thing is the only other sus I've driven with that was anywhere as close to my old ast setup are some ktec ones!! Hard stiff but still good enough to soak up the bumps

340i

With my KW V2's I had the rear set to max / full stifness and the front about 30% of max stifness... that seems to work spot for B roads :)

Although the V1's are fixed dampening iirc?

Qashcow

If the standard ecu dies, it gets torn out and full race loom fitted, silver lining to everything hah

CLIO PH1 172

Iv had my standard ecu positioned were yours is for months and months now with daily use ( in snow rain ect...) with no problems atall

Evo 5 RS

standard jobs are pretty robust. The EC1 looks like a 3.5" hdd caddy lol

flol at upping the boost on gray's bus :rasp: You'd need a miracle to keep up with this thing!

340i

standard jobs are pretty robust. The EC1 looks like a 3.5" hdd caddy lol

flol at upping the boost on gray's bus :rasp: You'd need a miracle to keep up with this thing!

2.5 BAR should do it.... Ha!

Qashcow

Then I'll just up mine to 1bar and see 300+ :)

Evo 5 RS

hrhr. You can't win! On a serious note is it staying standard internally?

Golf GTD Mk7

There not lol povo spec, don't intend on going down the back roads often, thing is the only other sus I've driven with that was anywhere as close to my old ast setup are some ktec ones!! Hard stiff but still good enough to soak up the bumps

With my KW V2's I had the rear set to max / full stifness and the front about 30% of max stifness... that seems to work spot for B roads :)

Although the V1's are fixed dampening iirc?

That's all I was getting at Adey :eek:. I know they're not cheap ;) I'm with Gray though, I prefer the car slight in favour of oversteer.

If the standard ecu dies, it gets torn out and full race loom fitted, silver lining to everything hah

:approve: Then you can move it all inside and set up cup racer style :D

2.5 BAR should do it.... Ha!

Then I'll just up mine to 1bar and see 300+ :)

I can see this getting out of control ;). Just a few more bar should do it :race:BOOOOOOM. Not jealous, honestly :eek:

340i

hrhr. You can't win!

Let me bring this evidence forward to the jury....

Mr. Bomber clearly struggling (at some points..) to keep up with my old 172 on a little race circuit called the Nürburgring.

Why did I sell that car? /Fool. :dapprove:

Last edited by a moderator:
  Evo 5 RS

you do seem to be pulling away harshly lol (@3:20)! But we know your engine was/is a freak ;)

Qashcow

I was in the wrong gear, and tbf you were braking in places I didn't need too, can we go back tomorrow pwease???

340i

I was in the wrong gear, and tbf you were braking in places I didn't need too, can we go back tomorrow pwease???

Meet you at Dover.... tomorrow, 08:00am, Deal, Ok, Yeah, Sweeeeeeeeeeeeet?

Qashcow

You can follow me next time, for a bit. Then I'll do my new magic trick, the shrinking number plate ;)