ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bomber's Reliable Savage Supercharged Snorting Slut of a Ph1

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Re: Project 172:Unknown Direction

Motorbike-tree??

Or Pushbike-tree??

:(

Qashcow

push bike and tree luckily. left hip, knee, upper back, lower back, fore arm, right shoulder, and dead leg and a few cuts FTL!! downhilling sucks tbh, especially when you cant do it.... lol

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel

51DSnUBbCVL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

??

Qashcow

pmsl, thankfully not, although speeds would have been slower, therefore id feel less like death now

looking good bomber , cage looks like it was a bit of a **** to fit , i ended up getting a geronimo bolt in cage in the end as i didnt want the hassle of welding it all in , seen ya earlier going through green farm

Qashcow

correct on the cage nick, but im having a laugh making all the extra's for it. keeps me off the ps3 for a bit. ive blagged adey for the welding jobs lol

oh cool, didnt see you about, were you in the clio?

RenaultSport 172

Do you have a list of what bits came with the cage? I'm worried now that I may have bits missing.

Qashcow

Beefy, post #239 shows the pics. everything in those photos is what came with mine. the steel plates are all wrong, the 90degree angled plates dont fit anything near the floor pan etc. the 'correct' parts should be here soon, just for me to find out theyre wrong too i suspect!

340i

This is what really puts me off ordering an OMP cage....

But without going custom (£££££) there are not many other options :S

RenaultSport 172

Hmm I have exactly the same.

Charlie @ Pro-Speed is putting it in for me so hopefully he'll be able to do something with what I have.:S

Qashcow

same as beefy, gray. if you hold on a few days, i'll know if the right bits exist from OMP!

340i

Your cage is a work of art Neil, I think you just wanted to be "unique" and sabotaged the group-buy ;) LOL

I may drop YB an e-mail asking about the pricing hmmm

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

Bet you aint that annoyed coz you got yours, ;)

an un-educated remark about a subject you do not know about is quite a statement, thanks for the input though jay.

i wish i could shed light on it...but its not my business to know what happened between Ktec and Caged
as said though, a shame, i knew its a nice cage (Obviously) and i wanted other people to be able to get a decent product also

Qashcow

just so people know, mine is the weld in OMP cage, not bolt it cage

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora

You can't put a cage in yours gray! it'll add weight :rasp:

Qashcow

AB-105P-220 omp cage. comes with door bars and 1 diagonal. im adding my own harness bar

340i

The current price for that cage is now £545.28 delivered..

(but there are 10% discount codes floating around the Internet ;))

RenaultSport 172

When I ordered mine it was just under £500 before discount.

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

errr, ok. umm. was a joke comment, hence the wink. :rolleyes:

i am poor with humor on hear on hear, mainly because there are many sarcastic bar-stewards about... i also believe that usually the smileys are used as a get-out-of-jail-free style object....."i can get away with it because it had a smiley"...

thats twice now i must of miss-understood your humor.

sorry for the hijack bummer, will do no more

Qashcow

ive been building up the box sections slowly for the past 2 weeks for weld to the floor pan and stretch the cage onto.

my big problem now it that because we have forced the cage to the outer walls of the car, the door bars no longer fit because of the door cards. im either going to butcher some 1.2 cars and make them fit or get some carbon ones. im not keen on carbon though as the std cards are at perfect level for resting my arm on :(

baring in mind ive not arc welded for a fairly long time, i dont think this all came out to bad

P1030765.gif

DSC00742.gif

DSC00744.gif

DSC00745.gif

ive got no pics of the 4 boxes fully made up before going in the car, but were welding inside and out and cut to match the floorpan exactly.

then adey popped over and we got my mig welder out, ready to make some fire....

P1030756.gif

P1030754.gif

P1030753.gif

P1030758.gif

P1030757.gif

P1030762.gif

P1030763.gif

this is my actual driving seat this weekend....

P1030764.gif