ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bomber's Reliable Savage Supercharged Snorting Slut of a Ph1

340i
Re: Project 172:Unknown Direction

not an easier option to vinyl wrap the roof?

Coming along nicely... although some orange scaffolding inside would look even better ;)

Qashcow

i thourght it was going to be easier to wrap, but everyone is either expensive or gay around here.

at least the spray painter man was enthusiastic about it, and at that price, if it looks tat i can still paint it another colour and still cost less than one wrap.

the scaffolding will look mint in there, should have more details on that soon :)

Qashcow

Opinions please.... Do I paint spoiler black as well as roof? I'm popping in tomorrow with the car and may end up walking home!

CLIO PH1 172

as above i would,

i need to get myself and omp wheel does it feel to flat as i was thinking about getting a dished one to keep it they same kinda spacing as original??

Qashcow

i was hoping to get the dished one originally. now the flatter one is fitted and as i cant move the seat even if i wanted too, the dished one would be way too close for me. would feel like i was Mario in one of his karts lol

black spoiler it is then, that does make sense i guess!

Qashcow

i personally think it would be too close for comfort, ive just been out in it and my elbow is almost a 90 degree angle.

the roof and spoiler is booked in for next wednesday. pimp

Qashcow

hrm, a meet at Cardiff tomorrow. i MAY pop over the bridge. unlikely though, will see how work goes

Qashcow

black roof done, only got it back today and dont have my proper camera at the moment so s**tty pics will have to surfice

im now thinking the orange cage may be a bit ott :s

DSC00671.gif

P1030716.gif

P1030721.gif

P1030725.gif

TrackCar & F30 330d

WOW, that looks F*CKING MINT.

I think a black and silver theme would look great.

Black badges would look nice

Qashcow

i removed the a pillar covers and was never really happy with what they looked like so grabbed some material from Dunelm and got sticking. glue and material less than £10, may look tat in the pics but looks actually very nice in reality. just doesnt match the lack of roof lining....

oh, and everything thats left blue on the dash etc is being replaced soon, i have everything but the door handles out of a 1.2 with Grey interior bits

P1030728.gif

P1030736.gif

P1030737.gif

P1030748.gif

P1030745.gif

Qashcow

i wouldnt do the door cards but that because i like to rest my arm on them, perfect height ;)

have you have your dash flocked? i was never going to but it would suit it well now i think. id want to pick it up myself rather than posted after burps got damaged

340i

Yeah got the whole dash flocked, along with steering column surround and gear surround ;)

RichCup

ClioSport Club Member

Looks awesome mate! Roof works really well with the lines of the rear windsreen :approve:

Qashcow

Think i'll give them a ring sometime for a price, just because I like the name. Is that who did yours neil? Wonder if they could do it in a day?

Qashcow

s**t flaps. Will have to drop it off in the van when I have a job down them ways

340i

I rolled for 3 months with no dash at all, while I was rewiring the loom

and its a daily run about ;)

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

it is who did mine yer mate, i dropped mine back down the other week, i damaged it when taking the dash out...totally forgot it was still there...lol

172 Race Car

stick your old top back in while its being done. ive got loads if you binned it

Qashcow

the cars out of action over the winter anyway now ive got a garage, will post it all down there and pick it up when im in the area i think. dash top and top and bottom steering wheel surround things too. dont want to over do it

Qashcow

yep thats what im thinking, the door cards will be staying as they are etc :)

oh, new Cupra splitter turned up today, cant fit it because it wont get out the garage with it............ i know this for a fact lol

Last edited:
  Qashcow

i was meant to get the bike out earlier but it rained so i popped over to my parents and get mum to do some work.

we came up with this, which in my opinion, is facking brilliant. used up most of what i had left from the door pillars

unstitch blue leather gear gator and use as template for new...

DSC00673.gif

DSC00674.gif

DSC00675.gif

DSC00676.gif

DSC00678.gif

P1030749.gif

221bhp/ton Mondial Terror

YOU TART! ;) Fairplay mate some tidy ideas there!

Qashcow

ive done some buying....

OMP 6 point bolt in cage, but will be welded in.

steel for box section for said cage.

CDS tube x 3 meters to play with and add bits to the standard cage. will be fitting a X section in the rear and harness bars.

air compressor, because im lazy at undoing stuff plus ive wanted one for years plus im going to paint the car interior and cage with it.

not sure on cage colour, but as the roof is black, it will proberly follow that colour

Qashcow

having stripped all the s**t black mess off the wiring, i bought 100 meters of orange electrical insulation tape today. thats the cage colour sorted then!

will get some pics of the mess in my garage up soon

Qashcow

no space in the garage, so as its my conservatory, i shall be building and welding it in there :D

DSC00701.gif

DSC00703.gif

DSC00705.gif

DSC00706.gif

DSC00707.gif