ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bomber's Reliable Savage Supercharged Snorting Slut of a Ph1

Qashcow
Re: Project 172:Unknown Direction

£470 delivered, turned up within 2 weeks, got delivered xmas eve too!

Qashcow

well that was a *****. got it in the car, welded the 'ends' onto the door bars and got fed up, had to jump the car to start it (mind you, been garaged for 2 months unused) to get back in the garage, not easy with no fricking leads.

then i dropped my old sub on the bonnet

i cant even have a bloody drink because im on call. today officially sucks stump.

tomorrow i'll buy the flappy sander thing to remove the paint from welding area of the car then bolt it to the old seatbelt mounts.

have also decided, im using rattle cans to paint it, its going to be so much easier and it means i can do it sooner to get the car back on the road.

Smartie Fablon!

You didn't mention dropping the sub on the bonnet :dapprove:

Hows your welding then, any pics? Take long to get the hang of it?

Qashcow

the bonnet bit has annoyed me so much. although its an excuse to have the bonnet done black now, i cant afford it though.

i'll have some pics of my welding soon, what ive done so far has been sanded back and looks pretty mint lol, only had 5 practice welds before attacking the cage :p

shiftspark

ClioSport Club Member
  R53 GR86

Howya getting on with the cage,did the missing parts turn up ?
cheers

Qashcow

still not arrived, shame really as ive had a fair few evenings i could have attacked it.

my current issue is what colour to go with, orange - match the tic tac track wheels, or gun metal grey - because i love that colour.

opinions please?

shiftspark

ClioSport Club Member
  R53 GR86

Looks like there is a stock issue as someone else has been waiting over 4 weeks for a cage, pity as they are a good price and everything else is alot more, even eBay bargains :dapprove:

wheel colour gets my vote!

E60 diesel powah

black roof done, only got it back today and dont have my proper camera at the moment so s**tty pics will have to surfice

im now thinking the orange cage may be a bit ott :s

DSC00671.gif

P1030716.gif

P1030721.gif

P1030725.gif

Loving it! Very nice :) think a cup spoiler would be better though

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

rather than spend the money on a cup spoiler (££££ for a few inches...lol) a black tailgate and black bonnet would look good.

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

the tailgate follows the lines of the bonnet/windscreen/roof/rear screen...if you done the bonnet and not the tailgate i think it would look odd....to pull it off though i think the car would have to change alot, ie..decked on some dished wheels

thats not what this car is about...so it really is pointless discussing black tailgates and cup spoilers...lol

here david, have our thread back...

E60 diesel powah

^ with your idea and your wheels...hmmm p**n! You done much to yours mate?

Qashcow

bonnet needs something doing, i found out my neighbour just happens to be the brother of the guy who painted my saxo 6 years ago so am getting a costing off him to just get it done Silver again. will update with pics as soon as cage parts arrive.

Qashcow

one from last saturday, the cars first time out the garage in 3 months, first time past end of my drive in 4 months :s

2010_01_24_1487.gif

Qashcow

^ thanks for that, my van would too at the moment......

cage is held in with 2 bolts, but i had to get the car running briefly before i went insane, the weather was stunning last sunday! back in the garage in bits again now.

am still awaiting some parts from Italy, then Adey will be popping over to help me weld the cage in fully. then painting, then ragging for the next 8 months

TrackCar & F30 330d

Have you got any trackdays booked? I cant remember if i've asked you or not lol

221bhp/ton Mondial Terror

Saw you out on saturday mate. Went passed you in the meg going over the bridge towards KFC. Do you want me to drop that socket off this weekend?

RichCup

ClioSport Club Member

Looking good mate! You gunna be at ppc again this year? Would be cool to have a nosey round the clio! :D

Qashcow

ooh quade, i got told off for getting a mini fillet lol! yea can drop it off sometime, im in all day today i think, stick in through the letter box if im not :)

the cage initially came with 2 box sections that dont fit anything. OMP are sending me 4 correct boxes. its the bolt in cage, but can be bolted or welded. i'm going to be welding the sections in but bolting the cage to that.

Rich, should be at PPC again, be good to see you guys again! hopefully the car might be more finished than it currently is lol

RenaultSport 172

When you get all the bits together fancy putting a photo up of what you have?

As i've just bought the exact cage, and tbh i've got a few bits with it but i'm not exactly sure what I need. And I'm sure who ever ends up fitting it for me won't be too happy to have bits missing.

Qashcow

yea not a problem, i was thinking about doing a guide too but wont proberly wont get around to it. i'll get lots of pics for you, including the 6 'feet'

the airbag light looked at me wrong today, so i beat it with a stick. that wont be back again.

does anyone know, that ecu thing in the centre console with 9million wires coming out of it, is it ok to just throw it in the bin? it doesnt look necessary imo

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

the ecu bit just infront of the gear stick? i still have the plug there but the ecu is history

can i ask what PPC is?

172 Race Car

Practical Performace Car In The Park (show/action day type thing)

We went last year, Mallory Park

Qashcow

yea thats the puppy Neil, mine will be attending the bin in the morning then. you going this year Jay? think i may do, so long as im not on my own. shadowness might do?

Qashcow

just been reading your website burp, is the 'sticky tinfoil' you have over the floorpan holes an ebay special too?

Qashcow

this is how the cars rolling at the moment, noisey as hell. love it tbh

2010_01_31_1500.gif

2010_01_31_1502.gif

i was meant to have a day out on the bike today, but i hit a tree and the bike followed into said tree. im currently un-able to drive or walked, so i rolled into work this afternoon (i live on the same estate, long commute :) ) and robbed the joint cutter thing and got started on the harness bars for the cage.

drilled 2 of the 4 bar ends and the used holesaw was useless, so i'l find the stash at work tomorrow and finish them off. this is how it looked at first though...

2010_02_07_1510.gif

2010_02_07_1513.gif