ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bomber's Reliable Savage Supercharged Snorting Slut of a Ph1

PaulyA610

ClioSport Club Member
  Venturi,GTT van,
Re: Bomber's Savage Supercharged Snorting Slut of a Ph1

Dont waste your time with ITB's just go mad and get a charger

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member

I would hope so the amount of time you spent at hi q the last time I seen you had a 200 sx its been a while since I worked there

that was a while ago, im s**t with names tho. go turbo or itb, theres enough sc clios close by lol

Qashcow

Whose to say the charger is unreliable ;) and the charger chatter is more addictive that itb scream IMO.

I could fit itb's in a weekend, would be bored of them within no time, do it properly and give yourself a challenge. And when you end up on a decent sized track against a boosted Clio you'll probably wish you hadn't spent £2k for 30 bhp. Horses for courses, and Adey is one of the few who can comment on that last being that he has run/owned both itb and charged clios

mondeo titanium tdci

Whose to say the charger is unreliable ;) and the charger chatter is more addictive that itb scream IMO.

I could fit itb's in a weekend, would be bored of them within no time, do it properly and give yourself a challenge. And when you end up on a decent sized track against a boosted Clio you'll probably wish you hadn't spent £2k for 30 bhp. Horses for courses, and Adey is one of the few who can comment on that last being that he has run/owned both itb and charged clios

very true just worried about it being unreliable thats all you have done a spot on job with yours i take my hat off to you just thinking back to when my ibiza cupra was 250 bhp and it just spun in most gears every where was not useable power if you know what i mean

Evo 5 RS

everyone knows boost is cheating..

;)

Chargers are just as reliable as anything else - I think the shear amount of em about now proves that on it's own

Last edited:
  mondeo titanium tdci

SC power is a lot more usable than turbo power IMO.

:D

i have never driven a sc car so i dont know on this i used to be well into my vag turbo stuff but just got fed up with the lag and wheel spin every where thats why im so happy with my 182 at the moment
Dont want to hi jack the thread no more keep up the good work bomber

Qashcow

I appreciate I've limited the life of my engine and transmission bit only doing 3-4k miles a year means it's not on my list of worries. If it was a daily I'd potentially have gone down the itb route, but would still have been bored of them soon enough.

I took it out for a drive today in the dry, f**king weapon! It's deceptive though, because it gets there so quickly and effortlessly you are doing 30mph more at each corner than you would have done previously - this is scary!

Thanks for the comments though steve :) I've moved out of gloucester now, am about 35 minutes from Stroud but we could all meet up for a drink sometime

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member

i have never driven a sc car so i dont know on this i used to be well into my vag turbo stuff but just got fed up with the lag and wheel spin every where thats why im so happy with my 182 at the moment

thats the difference between a turbo and supercharger, boost on a sc is revs based so no huge torque kick or lag waiting for it. think of a sc conversion like having a highly tuned big cc na engine that is unrelenting to the redline

Evo 5 RS

I just massively prefer the drive you get from itbs tbh. But I couldn't do massive mileage in it, I'd probably in fact prefer SC if it was going to be used as a tourer. Much more lethargic lol (and rapid0000 obviously)

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member

see ive had both, and this bar the noise is like itbs on speed. you still get the drivability that a tuned na gives you but with more vavavoom.

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1
what part of a sc conversion would you view as unreliable?

Woah! Sorry if I sounded like a negative arse, I really love what you have done, my comment was based on the fact I use mine everyday, If I could have another car as a daily, I prob would have gone SC!

I guess all of the reliability issues have been solved using the keyway'd pulley so I'll be quiet and get back in my box.

But seriously impressive job you've done! Looked awesome at karting karting as I said previously

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member

Woah! Sorry if I sounded like a negative arse, I really love what you have done, my comment was based on the fact I use mine everyday, If I could have another car as a daily, I prob would have gone SC!

I guess all of the reliability issues have been solved using the keyway'd pulley so I'll be quiet and get back in my box.

But seriously impressive job you've done! Looked awesome at karting karting as I said previously

Wasn't intended as a dig bud was just a general question not a bark. I know bomber has a work van he uses but I use mine daily with no probs atall, it's on 96k and still doesnt miss a beat even with the charger on

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1
Must be a good conversion you have done then, I suppose it's like anything when pushing the boundaries, there are always teething probs. seems as though it's now a more reliable option. I just remember reading about Danny's and another lads that kept slipping belts. For me personally it was a concern, and if ITB's go wrong there relatively simple, just without the massive poooowwwaaaahhh!

Qashcow

I think we both took it as a dig at sc's lol. If at the karting it had been completed a few weeks previously I'd have taken you out Dave, as it had only been mapped 12 hours previously I had a bit of getting used to.

There are 2 faults with the sc kit we have, one is the bottom pulley but that's keyed so problem solved, the other is the top alternator bracket failing. It's only happened to one, after 32k miles of use. So that should take me about 10 years to get to that mileage out of it, we have also produced some extra wide spacers to help prevent this happening too. Hoping to fit those today if Adey remembers them ;)

Tbh, if it was a daily for long miles, I'd have sold it years ago and bought a 3.0d A6 or something, company vans are in fact amazing

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member

was just about to txt you lol, there in the **** allready guna go get some breakfast then head over, join us if you like?

Evo 5 RS

see ive had both, and this bar the noise is like itbs on speed. you still get the drivability that a tuned na gives you but with more vavavoom.

Might of been the 2 I drove then as I never clicked with it! But whether I like it or not is irrelevant especially on a nice stretch of road haha

no love lost intended <3 all quibbles aside it's still awesome as feck no matter what way you look at it x

Evo 5 RS

Must be a good conversion you have done then, I suppose it's like anything when pushing the boundaries, there are always teething probs. seems as though it's now a more reliable option. I just remember reading about Danny's and another lads that kept slipping belts. For me personally it was a concern, and if ITB's go wrong there relatively simple, just without the massive poooowwwaaaahhh!

have you seen how danny drives? lol

Also I'd ask him who he got to change the belt

Qashcow

Tbf, ive got to admit it's hard to drive slowly, bunny hopping and so on, but on an open road it comes into it's own now, I likey

mondeo titanium tdci

I appreciate I've limited the life of my engine and transmission bit only doing 3-4k miles a year means it's not on my list of worries. If it was a daily I'd potentially have gone down the itb route, but would still have been bored of them soon enough.

I took it out for a drive today in the dry, f**king weapon! It's deceptive though, because it gets there so quickly and effortlessly you are doing 30mph more at each corner than you would have done previously - this is scary!

Thanks for the comments though steve :) I've moved out of gloucester now, am about 35 minutes from Stroud but we could all meet up for a drink sometime

Paul from sextons has my number mate let's sort something out :cool:

mso

172 cup supercharged

I had my done a Ktec done over 6000 miles without a single problem and the power is so smooth all the way to the redline the sc kit definitely suits these cars, around the 250 hp Mark is enough as you can use all the power with no trouble at all.I done a speedo vid it's on YouTube that was done in the wet just feeding the power slowly with no wheel spin at all,in the dry it's so quick no torque steer just useable power.

TrackCar & F30 330d

I'll just add my 2p's worth, with decent tires and a cleaver right foot charged clios are great at getting power down. If your brutal enough you can get any car to wheel spin, just need to go to tescos car park on a Friday night and all those 1.2 clios are showing how burn up those budget remoulds!

Tbf, ive got to admit it's hard to drive slowly, bunny hopping and so on, but on an open road it comes into it's own now, I likey

Have you got that DV on yet? Also look at moving the restrictor position. No reason it can't be made to drive smoothly at low RPM :)

Qashcow

Hey Matt, I was going to text you but leave it till the morning. Feel bad talking cars on the weekend. The dv hasn't made much difference at all, but is a 3rd hand borrowed one so may not be exactly up to scratch. It does pull better at the very top end now that I've found the leak though.

Not moved the restrictor yet, but will get it infront of the sc this week and try again

Adey's fan had stopped working on his when he piggy backed his omex, suggested I run the fan control from the ec1 as he has now done. Although on his is also stopped the fuel light and rear demister working too :/

Your restrictor is pre SC at the moment isn't it? Give me a text tomorrow, I'll be on my way to meeting mid-morning onwards so will be bored ;)

Where have you taken the DV feed from? Post throttle right?

Fan control shouldn't stop anything working. You sure something else hasn't got moved/disconnected/back fed when he's done it?

Trophy #387

Just read pretty much the entire thread, first time for everything :lol:

The car looks awesome and this thread is quality, some awesome banter in here :lol:

Keep it up, will be checking back ;)

AUDI A5 s-sline

Great thread mate, been great progress and such an awesome car! :).

I wish I had the balls and money to do it! :).

I shall be keeping a close eye for updates!:cool:

mso

172 cup supercharged

Mine had the same problem to start with but Ktec sorted it now runs really smooth no matter what speed your doing, if you like we can meet and you can go in mine see what you think of it and have a look how they done the conversion

Qashcow

Thanks for the kind words guys, still plenty left to do on it and to keep me busy.

Mso, do you know what andy changed on it? Did he move the restrictor in the pipework, is yours pre sc or after the sc?

mso

172 cup supercharged

I'm sure mine is between filter and sc unit, we went out in car when andy had is laptop connected to the GeN 90 the adjustments were made to throttle responsiveness a bit like the maps you can get on motorbikes A is full power with half turn of the throttle B is full power with whole turn of throttle he just softened it off a bit made a masive difference no loss of power just used all the movement up on the pedal we also fitted a new pedal as the ecu couldn't pick up a constant signal where it had worn down don't know what the bits are called but they wear down just after the pedal is pressed where the car is driven most of the time if yours is like this that could be the cause of the juddering

Trophy,R26,GSXR1000

That's quite interesting MSO, how do you switch between power modes?