ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bondbills 1.4 16v

Well today I put down a deposit on my first clio a 05 1.4 16v Dynamique.

Sorry for the unclear pics as one was taken when its getting dark on a phone & the other is from the advert.

IMAG0016.jpg

IMAG0015.jpg

media.jpg

media1.jpg

Clear pictures will replace these when I collect Friday/Saturday and more details on future work :)

PS- Im aware this will bore many of your 172 owners but we all need to start somewhere ;)

Well their is some receipts and stuff with it but only 2 stamps on service, first thing first ill be getting a full service and cambelt done.
The front driver side fog light is also damaged and ive already ordered a replacement.

Then a good external clean, I stocked up on the Autoglym products a couple of weeks ago for selling my Ford Focus , their shampoo, super resin polish and some aquawax for a nice shine and avoid those annoying rain marks in future.
So thats my weekend sorted, also to remove the sub,amp and stero from my Focus.

Fiesta ST-3
Well their is some receipts and stuff with it but only 2 stamps on service, first thing first ill be getting a full service and cambelt done.
The front driver side fog light is also damaged and ive already ordered a replacement.

Then a good external clean, I stocked up on the Autoglym products a couple of weeks ago for selling my Ford Focus , their shampoo, super resin polish and some aquawax for a nice shine and avoid those annoying rain marks in future.
So thats my weekend sorted, also to remove the sub,amp and stero from my Focus.

Car looks lush budy. And good job getting her mechanically sound first. I would recommend autoglym gloss protection if your after a shiney wet look. I cant rate the stuff enough. Just makesure your next car is a 1*2 :p

Megane 225 F1
1*2 is a 172 or 182.

car looks good mate. Any plans on modifications in the future? Keeping it looking OEM but with your own subtle touch FTW.

Ah sweet yer, well May next year my stupid insurance will of ended with a couple years NCB so a faster car wil be an option!
Yes suttle mods will be best, main one I plan to do is colour coded bumper strips and side strips. Maybe colour code the dash strip (the one above passanger glove box)

Any other suggestions? Im looking thru build threads as we speak.

Collected the car today, altho the service light isn't on the previous owner said its been a year since serviced and last years MOT was on 44k, its now on 61k so im guessing a sevice would be advisable. Either way first thing tommorow will be plugs, filters and oil change.

No record of a cambelt change either which ill be looking at getting done asap, also the exhaust emission warning light is on yet it passed emissions 2weeks ago for its MOT.
Beside that drives nice, feels slightly underpowered tho but I think the service and a good run (hasnt been used for a few months) would help, oil is pretty dam black!

In need of a good clean too altho at night the paintwork under light looked lovely, very shiny metallic
IMAG0097-1.jpg

New o/s fog also on order.

Last edited:
Today saw the clio have its first oil change in I dont know how long..care to guess? Also had new a&o filters

IMAG0036-1.jpg

Tomorrow ill be getting out the autoglym high resin and autoglym aquawax, but it had a decent shampoo over today and looks lovely and shiny :)

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
aww, nice car u got there mate. How much did u pay for her, if u dont mind me asking? Im in the middle of improving my bus, lol ;)

I'll keep an eye on this thread :)

Well I was abit worried as it was a decent price and then haggled down due to lack of some history and needing a new front spot light.
Got a HPI check on it, contacted previous owner and vosa checked mileage was all right etc...

All came back fine just needed tlc, service now done, the exhaust warning light has now gone (since changing air filter that was black over) will get a cambelt changed asap and needs a new wheel bearing.

Ok so due to the previous owner being a bricky he used to carry alot of crap in the boot, almost filled a dysons worth of rubble from the wheel well and under the carpets/back seat area. Removed all rear shelf sides, back seats boot carpet bottom and sides and spent several hours scrubbing like mad with kitchen cleaning stuff to remove the worst, what looks like oil and cement!

Then abit of autoglm interior shampoo to take off other bits, still disappoint how its come up as theirs several marks which really wont move, might just purchase some new carpet or trim myself some out of a less s**tty cardboard material!

Also getting a new wheel bearing and cambelt tommorow and a local mecanic fitted them for me friday. Getting much more used to driving it having spend a year with diesel, fairly nippy for a small engine I must say, my GF keeps up in her polo valver but cant beat me despite claiming she would :p

38183_10150219799155720_675925719_13660889_1423894_n.jpg

Well this is quick but I might be selling the clio already! Had loads of good news about jobs ive applied for, all of which will require a fair few motorway miles so back to a diesel!

Will be up for sale soon I should think, having cambelt and wheel bearing done tomorrow anyway.

Ok insurance is being changed back to my focus TDCI, much prefer the car having driven the clio for a few hundred miles its not for me, drives great and ive spend a few hundred on it servicing, cambelt, bearing and several hours cleaning it inside and out!

Stil awaiting new foglight on order, been dispatched.

Evo 8 MR
Getting much more used to driving it having spend a year with diesel, fairly nippy for a small engine I must say, my GF keeps up in her polo valver but cant beat me despite claiming she would :p

You need to show it 6.5k revs regularly to get the most out of these engines. Sounds horrendous as standard but get a decent filter and a decatted exhaust on there and it becomes a lot of fun opening them up.

Ok insurance is being changed back to my focus TDCI, much prefer the car having driven the clio for a few hundred miles its not for me, drives great and ive spend a few hundred on it servicing, cambelt, bearing and several hours cleaning it inside and out!

Stil awaiting new foglight on order, been dispatched.

Dissapointing. If the interior is dirty take it out and leave it out. Then either carpet it with some cheap audio carpet stuff or get it sprayed.

ta st3ve but my current insurance policy dont like the mods, the interior etc came up well I removed all seats, carpets and plastic strim from the back and scrubbed them like mad with proper interior cleaner, worked a treat carpets came up loevly and clean and used some plastic pvc cleaner my dad uses to clean new window units on the plastics, worked great!

Nothing, not been able to sell my Focus TDCI, and to be honest I prefer the focus, reason for buying the clio was I got worried about the gearbox on the focus but ive had it checked out, just clutch release bearing.

Also wanted to downsize but clio is a little too much of a downsize for me, and with some good news from recent job interviews I might be making a trip to stoke-on-trent and back around 30miles each way for work 5days a week so Diesel would be far better for me. When I brought the car it required a new front fog (which ive got and fitted) also serviced it due to lack of service history altho it had been done by the previous owner a couple of times.

All in good nick tho and runs fine

DSCF8159.jpg

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
waay cheap asking price! I payed £2000 for my 51 authentique! & it wasnt in the best condition!

waay cheap asking price! I payed £2000 for my 51 authentique! & it wasnt in the best condition!

Had in on autotrader for a week at £2800 and on ebay for almost week at 2800, also been in bargin pages and a few local papers. Had 1 phone call from a indian saying "ill give you £2k, cant give you any more as its all I have" Course told him where to stick it

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
na, i'd say 3,600 tbh. its not very old & looks in good condition. I would have ripped yer had off at your price if i hadnt already got 1

Megane 225 F1
My black 1.4 2005 went for £3000 in the end. Stick to a price you want and someone will buy it. Took me nearly 3 months.

Someone buy it then please :D lol
Just want it gone, not in desperate need for money so not going any lower but its just sitting on my drive wasting tax and MOT, do start it up a few times a week give it a little run to the shops and back tho

Now Sold

£2500 was a proper bargain, wish could got more but had it for sale everywhere autotrader, ebay, bargin pages, freead, gumtree, about 8 different car forms and on notice boards in local shop lol for 3 weeks an the person who brought it was the 1st to actually come and look.