ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bonnet closure switch - different versions?

So, earlier today I noticed my bonnet switch all mashed up dangling infront of the rad which (I thought) would explain why I get the long "total closure failed" beep when I try to lock my car (182, manufactured jan '05)

Brilliant I thought, I have a spare which came with a new bumper, fit that & problem solved.

(Left) the switch that came off of another 182 and (right) the switch that came from my 182.

Can anyone shed any light on whether there was an early/late spec? What timeframe did each exist for etc

IMAG0253.jpg

The connectors on each are slightly different. I tried bodging new switch to old connector but still have total closure issues (I'll use a multimeter tommorow to check my bodged version makes a proper connection)

Any other thoughts on the the total closure front are welcome! I'm discounting both doors & bootlid as the "door/boot open" light comes on when any are open and goes off when they're all shut ok. I've wound windows down then up again a few times incase the recent freeze had affected those.

Thanks