ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bought a daily

Clio 172
I bought myself a daily today to get me mobile while I finish my 172. Managed to find a fairly tidy 100bhp DCI Clio, and I must say I'm really impressed! Really quiet to drive, even outside the car its quiet and I can't believe how nippy it is lol. Really surprised me, thought it was going to be painstakingly slow. If it gets the 60mpg I've read about then I'm very happy. Anything I should keep my eye on, any troubles ect

Thanks in advance any help will be appreciated

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
I've had a few diesels in the past and swear by Forté diesel treatment. it's around £13 delivered on eBay, run it through a quarter of a tank and really rag the car keeping it at high revs (should help doing this without the treatment) and you will see all the black smoke come out. Really helps the MPG and power i've found in the past.

Clio 200 Raider
Which one did you go for my mrs has the 106hp mk3 clio. We use it as a workhorse for work its not bad for a 1.5 its really not.

Clio 182
I had the dci 60 and that was slow, never expected much but it was a cracking car. Put 15k miles on it in 6 months and never went wrong. 75Mpg was great!

Clio 172
Which one did you go for my mrs has the 106hp mk3 clio. We use it as a workhorse for work its not bad for a 1.5 its really not.

Mines the 100bhp mk2, only bought it for work....... I really like it. £30 to tax, £280 to insure and 60+ to the gallon and its not slow. Perfect daily commuter.

Clio 172
I had the dci 60 and that was slow, never expected much but it was a cracking car. Put 15k miles on it in 6 months and never went wrong. 75Mpg was great!

Nice to hear this as if you google 1.5 DCI Clio its all horror stories. I'd heard 65 were slow, that's why I didn't expect much more from this, but its really surprised me

Clio 182 Cup
The beauty of a small hatchback. I had a 1.1 peugoet 106 and it felt nippy with low tax and good mpg. I was going to buy another one for work. Small hatchbacks are ace.

Clio 182
Nice to hear this as if you google 1.5 DCI Clio its all horror stories. I'd heard 65 were slow, that's why I didn't expect much more from this, but its really surprised me
Always the case, people only pipe up when things go bad.
Mine was great, couldn't fault it. Purchased it on 100k for £1200 and sold it with 115k for £1000. Winning!
700 miles from a tank was great but 80mph max and 15 seconds to 60 was hilarious.
Weirdly miss the dci tho

Sister has a 106bhp Clio Mk3 DCi and I'm amazed at how well it pulls from low revs, but then looking at the stats for them it has 177ft/lb of torque vs 160ft/lb for my 182!!

I can't get over how much more solid it feels than my 182, admiditely she's got the top spec GT version, with all the goodies, but it's definitely a step above the 182...only thing which puts me off is the size! It's bloody massive compared to mine

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
I've had loads of them and never had a single issue, always found them bullet proof, they horror stories are usually someone trying to fix a problem like a failing fuel pump by running injector cleaner thru it and kicking its nuts in for 1000 miles!

Clio 172
Sister has a 106bhp Clio Mk3 DCi and I'm amazed at how well it pulls from low revs, but then looking at the stats for them it has 177ft/lb of torque vs 160ft/lb for my 182!!

I can't get over how much more solid it feels than my 182, admiditely she's got the top spec GT version, with all the goodies, but it's definitely a step above the 182...only thing which puts me off is the size! It's bloody massive compared to mine

I do like the mk3 gt, good looking motor and with the DCI very cheap motoring too. Genuinely think I have the eco bug at the min

Clio 172
I've had loads of them and never had a single issue, always found them bullet proof, they horror stories are usually someone trying to fix a problem like a failing fuel pump by running injector cleaner thru it and kicking its nuts in for 1000 miles!

Heard loads of bad but nothing uncommon with all diesels really, injectors, pumps ect joys of motoring. My boss has just had an injector go on his Mercedes, black death as its known as. Every car has its problems.

Just hope mines OK, as for kicking its nuts in, its one thing I like about it it pulls really well and no need to thrash it. Going to work today, 2 muppets doing 40mph in a 60 dropped it to 4th, revs to nearly 3k changed up just flew past them at about 70 no bother. Which let's face it, its all you need

fixedgear

ClioSport Club Member
Theres me all excited...

Iveco_Daily_2.3_HPI_lwb_HR.jpg

Clio 172
Probably the wrong forum to be saying that :wink:

I'd love a dci as a daily though

Got my dci for a daily and my sport can now be a track car. With insurance and tax being so low on the DCI its not that bad on the pocket running 2 cars.