ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bought this on Ebay. Did I need it and is it cheap?

Trader Rating - 100%
3   0   0
  Black 172 FF
Only things their i used was the caps.. you may need a crank pully bolt though if your has stretched :)

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  172 ff silver
why do u need to replace the cam pulley nut and bolt :S

aint no one heard of loctite ?

or is it cos there stretch bolts and one use kills em ?

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  172 ph1 ASBO SLAYER
you'll use half of it. the end seals definately, the crank pullye bolt has a maximum length (you gotta measure the old one to see if you can re-use it)

Trader Rating - 100%
3   0   0
  Black 172 FF
It doesnt have a crank pully bolt though does it just the camshaft ones which you dont touch..

Id say the only bits you will use are:

"THE 2 CAM SHAFT END CAPS"

Donny_Dog

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
3   0   0
  Jim's rejects
Cam shaft end caps are all you'll use lad. They cost as much as that kit from Reno anyway, so bargain.
Just had mine done, whilst we were away. took the old boy 3 days. And the belts he took off were as good as the new ones that went on.
Reno, french shyte.

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
10   0   0
  E92 M3,172 track car
Cam shaft end caps are all you'll use lad. They cost as much as that kit from Reno anyway, so bargain.
Just had mine done, whilst we were away. took the old boy 3 days. And the belts he took off were as good as the new ones that went on.
Reno, french shyte.
Would magic Mick do mine?

P.S. Dan has come home without a van so i'll come over in the Alfa on sunday and pick that kit up.

Donny_Dog

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
3   0   0
  Jim's rejects
Reno, french shyte.

P.S. Dan has come home without a van so i'll come over in the Alfa on sunday and pick that kit up.

I doubt it mate. You can ask him, but he was moaning about it being an arse of a job and if I wanted mine doing on the Megane, to forget it! Charmin.
At least the Red wagon is coming along nicely, 50k on her now, crazy.

Fcuking Dan, what a tool. Yes Sunday should be fine, just ring me before. This Jet lag is fookin killin me and could still stretch out to the wknd.

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
10   0   0
  E92 M3,172 track car

I doubt it mate. You can ask him, but he was moaning about it being an arse of a job and if I wanted mine doing on the Megane, to forget it! Charmin.

Fcuking Dan, what a tool. Yes Sunday should be fine, just ring me before. This Jet lag is fookin killin me and could still stretch out to the wknd.
I thought that would be the case.

Are you going tomorrow night?

Get some rest kid.

Donny_Dog

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
3   0   0
  Jim's rejects

I thought that would be the case.

Are you going tomorrow night?

Get some rest kid.

I'd like to go mate, Im just going to have to see what happens tonight and tomorrow. I don't feel so good neither, not entirely sure if its down to lack of sleep (and my sh^t job) or if an ailment is brewing. I'm off to bed in a few mins though, I can hardly keep my fcukin eyes open on here.