ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Brake caliper painting

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
IMG_8620.JPG
so i have purchased this to change the V6 calipers ( they are horrible yellow ATM )

It says rub the brakes down with 240/360 ( assume thats wet & dry ) to remove rust & built up brake dust

Any tips for me also

Would people carry on rubbing them down
Ie
3000 to get a great smooth finish

As said any help please -
@NorthloopCup

Thanks

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
View attachment 166850so i have purchased this to change the V6 calipers ( they are horrible yellow ATM )

It says rub the brakes down with 240/360 ( assume thats wet & dry ) to remove rust & built up brake dust

Any tips for me also

Would people carry on rubbing them down
Ie
3000 to get a great smooth finish

As said any help please -
@NorthloopCup

Thanks
I had my brembos blasted to remove all the old crap, but it did mean that they needed a set of dust boots on them. They were blasted with iron filings from memory as normal blast media either didn't cut the mustard, or was too aggressive.

After that I gave them a coat of Acid 8 etch primer, followed by a couple of top coats. Left them to dry and gave them a coat of lacquer. All the paints I used were the vht stuff (apart from the primer). The application of the paints was nice and simple too. Really rate the vht stuff.

dan's cast offs.
know a few people who've used the same paint and had good results.

i use halfords adhesion promoter, or whatever they call it, as a primer. have used it on all sorts even ally and it's a good base. goes on like water but let it dry out or chuck in an oven for half hour or so and good to go.

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
Cheers

What about hammerite then this product

The only reason I bought this was a guy posted his on FB in red & they looked new !

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
Personally I wouldn't even use the other stuff Steve. Couple of coats of hammerite but don't rush the coats as it runs very easy when too much applied. About an hour between coats.

Ps. I would also remove that photo as it has some personal info on it.