ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

2004 Clio 1.4
Hi,
i have a 2004 Clio 1.4... i have seen it's a relatively common issue, but the brake lights dont come on at all unless my foot is fully depressed to the floor, basically an emergency brake!
I have had the brakelight switch changed, this did not solve the issue.... any ideas what else it could be?
Thanks

Clio 2.0 138hp
Hi,
i have a 2004 Clio 1.4... i have seen it's a relatively common issue, but the brake lights dont come on at all unless my foot is fully depressed to the floor, basically an emergency brake!
I have had the brakelight switch changed, this did not solve the issue.... any ideas what else it could be?
Thanks
Did you have it replaced with a genuine renault one. I had a problem where the aftermarket ones just stop working after the first press.
Returned 3 of them to europarts before i gave up and bought a Renault one. No problems since. Might be worth checking

2004 Clio 1.4
Did you have it replaced with a genuine renault one. I had a problem where the aftermarket ones just stop working after the first press.
Returned 3 of them to europarts before i gave up and bought a Renault one. No problems since. Might be worth checking
Ah ok, thank you. I hadnt thought of that. I know where the switch is, I'll see if I can have a look but if not i will ask the garage, as i was going to take it in anyway for further investigation when I can afford it. Thanks!

Clio 2.0 138hp
Ah ok, thank you. I hadnt thought of that. I know where the switch is, I'll see if I can have a look but if not i will ask the garage, as i was going to take it in anyway for further investigation when I can afford it. Thanks!
If you arent sure about it just take a picture and im sure someone on here can tell if its a genuine renault one or not.
The other thing to check would be fuses. You can do that yourself for free before you take it anywhere else

2004 Clio 1.4
If you arent sure about it just take a picture and im sure someone on here can tell if its a genuine renault one or not.
The other thing to check would be fuses. You can do that yourself for free before you take it anywhere else
Ah fuses, yea. I'll try and get a photo of it later on when I'm with the car. How would.i check the fuses, are they near the switch itself?
Thanks!

Clio 2.0 138hp
Ah fuses, yea. I'll try and get a photo of it later on when I'm with the car. How would.i check the fuses, are they near the switch itself?
Thanks!
Should be in the fuse box to the left of the steering wheel. There will be a diagram in there showing fuse layout.
Worth a check just in case

Clio 2.0 138hp
Thats the problem i had i the first place. I pulled the plunger out all the way and let the pedal set it, but the pedal must have had too much travel for the switch and it ruined it. Thats why i suggested getting a genuine one. But adjusting is a good shout before spending more money. You might get lucky

monaco 172
Guys how can it be the fuse when it works when the pedal is fully depressed??

Sounds like a dodgy non oe switch, or an incorrectly set switch