ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Brake Problem - 172 PH2

2010 Jetta TDi 140
Evening,

I have just returned from a 600 mile trip in the Clio. During the trip I had to brake suddenly a few times on the motorway and the brakes did not work anywhere near well enough, verging on dangerous. If I just held heavy pressure on the pedal, the brake force reduced and only returned if I pumped the pedal.

I'm running Brembo HC discs with OEM spec Pagid pads. The brake fluid was replaced late last year with standard stuff.

Any ideas what this could be? They feel ok round town but I'm not driving it until it's sorted.

I was thinking master cylinder or possibly dodgy seals on the calipers?

Thanks.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
I had this on a customers scenic once before but that only seemed to do it in the wet.

In the end we replaced the servo unit and that seemed to fix it (we've not had the car back so it's either fixed or the customer crashed).

Firstly have the wheels off and make sure the callipers aren't seized and that the pads aren't stuck in the guides.

Mick
Diamond Motors

Arctic Blue FF 182
There is a vacuum valve I believe on the servo. Heard of people having to replace the valve before when having braking issues, can't remember the exact issues they were having. (Think there is a topic on it in the guides section)

340i
I had this on a customers scenic once before but that only seemed to do it in the wet.

In the end we replaced the servo unit and that seemed to fix it (we've not had the car back so it's either fixed or the customer crashed).

Firstly have the wheels off and make sure the callipers aren't seized and that the pads aren't stuck in the guides.

Mick
Diamond Motors

Genuinely FLOL'd at that.