ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

brake problems...

Ive had new discs and pads fitted which has sorted my problem out of grinding noises, but they are still sqeaking when im not pressings the brakes at all, this is what wore them out in 5000 miles last time so I want to get it sorted. They also vibrate kinda when braking from 70/80. Like I can feel the vibration in the brake pedal?

Ive been reading through the forums and BenR seems to know his stuff when it comes to brakes, anyone else know what its gonna take to fully fix my brakes??

thanx alot

nigel

The caliper guide sleeves could be seized as this happens often and will mean that one side of the pad touches all the time or doesnt sit flat with the disc face.

Vibration is most likey runout from a peice of dirt/sand/grit behind the disc, or at work a knock on the hum leaving a high edge which will need to be ground down.

Squeek, depends if the pads are aligned.

what needs to be done to the claiper guide sleeves? do I need new ones fitting or can i stop the current ones from seizing somehow?

thanx alot for the help

nige

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

Check the caliper piston + slide rubbers/seals are ok and not split.they normally seize because the seals are damaged and let water in.Did you give the hub a clean off before you fitted the new discs?,maybe some rust/dirt trapped behind the disc causing it not to fit flush with the hub.