ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Brake squeek - Garage unhelpful

Less
So my brakes squeek, i can live with that. But when i hear the front drivers side brakes squeek when i'm not even touching the brake, but turning right something is wrong.

I have taken the car to 2 diff garages in the hope they would have it up on the lift and take the wheels off to inspect the setup. But NO!

1 said nothing, just live with it, the other said hmmm might be brake dust... and went onto say he does'nt rate grooved discs.

Now, I suppose my questions are, do I need grooved discs? Unsure on the brand but I do know that my pads are Brembo.

Live with the squeek or get it sorted! The rest of the car i'm happy with but a little something is saying, brakes are not 100%.

comments pls people

clio mk2 p1 1.4 16v
most breaks squeek when there new or the pads are bedding in, but ive been told that wither wait for it to stop or put copper compound on the pads but i dont really know much about it

Astra VXD xp with DTUK
id take em all apart clean everything up and copper grease them up and id say that shud sort it. if the squeek is only coming from 1 side then it could be that the piston in the caliper isnt returning properly but thats probally the worst case scenario

Less
i was a bit reluctant to take the wheel off, as i i'm unsure how tight i can get the wheel nuts back on

www.renparts.co.uk
possibly a sticking caliper.... how many miles has the car done? does one wheel feel warmer when you have finished driving?

Astra VXD xp with DTUK
i was a bit reluctant to take the wheel off, as i i'm unsure how tight i can get the wheel nuts back on

just get em as tight as u can, i used to work in garage and we always just used to use a windy gun lol. supposed to use a torque wrench