ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

brake upgrade quicke...

my MKII172 s breaks are really good, but after 30mins of fairly swift driving (;)) the pedal feel is quite soft and im not totally confident in them anymore. There ultimate stopping power is exellent. can anyone tell me a of a decent kit for the 172 to upgrade braking??? AP or Brembro ? dont want to spend more than £500 really... if anything i want them for the looks to go with my new alloys :oops::oops::oops:. so maybe just new pads and discs.. i have 16" wheels.

thanx

k-tec do a big brake upgrade but that £1.5k I think

The stock brakes sound be excellent unless your driving like your at a race track.

Best upgrade would be red dot brake fuild and some uprated (K-tec?) pads.

£120-£150 for good pads, e.g. Pagid blue, Performance friction 97 or similar. If you want to push the boat out ,braided hoses (£40) and race brake fluid (£15). oh and make sure you tell your passengers every time you are about to brake...

i doubt holes and groves will improve the braking

get some good pads and a DOT5.1 brake fluid, even though DOT 4 should be enough for road use. must be changed once a year. if u have old fluid change it. braided hoses will be nice but dont improve braking, just the pedal feel a little.

to improve braking u need bigger disks.

Quote: Originally posted by cliotuRS on 09 March 2004
i know pagid pads would be my choice but again i want some nice looking grooved or drilled discs?? :oops: