ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

brakes not there usual

03 RS clio 172 flameR
had the KTR uprated fast road kit (ultimax pads) about 6 months ago

all has been fine but recentlly i have noticed my brakes arnt what they use to be, im sure its nothing to do with the disks or pads but when i brake hard to stop (traffic light etc) the pedal seams to go all the way down to the floor and not stop as hard as they used to?
any ideas?

cheers

03 RS clio 172 flameR
Sounds like they could do with bleeding or a fluid change..

maybe, i could just be that i am nailing the brakes more now its dryer but i dont ever recall being able to hit the brake pedal to the floor..?

Clio 172
maybe, i could just be that i am nailing the brakes more now its dryer but i dont ever recall being able to hit the brake pedal to the floor..?

sounds like there is a split hose somewhere. have a look around for signs of fluid leak!

03 RS clio 172 flameR
am i right in thinking the only place where the hose would be split is the short part coming out the caliper? as the rest is metal brake hoseing isnt it?

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
It's highly unlikely you've got a split hose , it wouldn't take very long at all to empty the brake system of fluid , then you would know about it .

Bleed your brakes , a dose of new fluid should sort it .

03 RS clio 172 flameR
^^^^^^ yes thats what i thought, hydrolic fluid under high pressure would just piss it out in minutes. i am at birchdown tomorrow morning so will ask the guys to take a look for me.

cheers guys.