ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Brakes

Came on last night as I was just coming home, thought it might be because they were too hot as they were fading as well (had been driving hard). Today its even worse, the front right hand is grinding (metal on metal) so i assume i need new brake pads...and possibly a new disc if it is grinding?!

VRS
u shud be able to see the pads thru the wheel to see how worn they are but it sounds like their dead :(
disk wise, run ur finger over the face of the disk, if its smooth then its all good but if there are ridges and scrapes then its best to get them changed as well

Havent driven it since Tuesday, took it down to get sorted out and they just phoned me back saying that the discs and pads they were about to fit for a 1.2 16 were alot smaller than the ones already on my car. Apparently they are the same as a 1.5 DCi?? Cant understand this as they've never been changed before. Quoted me 170 inc labour as well?

G_F

BMW M3 & Williams 3
Do the pads yourself, 20 minute job mate, save yourself a few quid, their is a guide on here someone has done, you probably dont need new disks...

I dont really have the time or expertise and equipment to do it myself to be honest. Just wondering if that price seems reasonable for the discs pads and labour

crooky1986 said:
Havent driven it since Tuesday, took it down to get sorted out and they just phoned me back saying that the discs and pads they were about to fit for a 1.2 16 were alot smaller than the ones already on my car. Apparently they are the same as a 1.5 DCi?? Cant understand this as they've never been changed before. Quoted me 170 inc labour as well?
Some old old Mk2 phase 1 had smaller 239mm disk the new Mk2 2 cars like your has the 259mm disk and Renault 5GTT/William/1.816V pads. All MK2 phase 2 (ie the ones with trigular front lights) have the same brakes unles its a V6 or a 172/182.

The garage and most brake companies don't know what there on abotu there a load of offical manuals which peopel swear by being correct which arn't right garages just won't accept it.

Pads are £17 from Halfords disk are £60 (you might not need them it depends) you cna get pads from Motorworld for £13 or so.

£170 though thats stupid where about are you in the country people on here will fit them for free or a few quid.

crooky1986 said:
I dont really have the time or expertise and equipment to do it myself to be honest. Just wondering if that price seems reasonable for the discs pads and labour
Dead easy to chnage them 40 minutes it take me and I take my time.

£50 at most labour and thats extorsion rates
£60 for disks
£17 for pads
Thats at worse £127. Even if you get DS2500 performance pads there only £60 pads.