ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BRAKES?

Hi
I need to replace my front brakes and have just ordered some Brembo HCs & am not sure which pads to go for. I'm not bothered about upgrading them if its going to mean spending lots as I don't really drive the car enough to notice the benefit from a better system.
Can anyone suggest where I can buy the pads from and if theres much difference between the Ferodos, mintex, Renault ones or are they all the same and for a similar price.

thanks

Lotus Exige, 182
What do you use the car for? If it's not going on track, renault oe are perfectly decent. Track = ferodo ds2500.

The search button is your friend...

i've already used search - i was looking at the renault oe but i've seen other brands that are a fair bit cheaper & was just wondering if there would be much difference between them. I'm guessing they'll be basically the same won't they & i might aswell go for the cheapest??

Lotus Exige, 182
If it were my car, I'd be going with renault oe if I wasn't taking it on track. You can, of course, go for pattern pads, just as you can get linglong and nangkang tyres in the correct size for a 1*2. Would you want to be relying on those tyres to hold on when you take a corner 10mph too fast for the conditions, or would you be thinking that you should've gone for the pe2s?

Ferodo DS2500s are well over £100 per set. Mintex have good reviews from others on this site, but I'm not sure that they're much cheaper than renault oe. In any event, there's no point spending the money on HC discs if you're then going to skimp on the pads, IMO.

b/g 182, meg tourer
ferodo premiers are decent enough and pretty cheap for road use. wouldnt want to get them too hot on track etc tho.