ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

**Brands Hatch Videos**

Lee

BMW M2C

Heres a few videos from Fridays Renault Sport track day at Brands. All in car with me.

http://www.perrylandsplants.co.uk/brandshatch/Brands1.wmvClip 1 (60mb)http://www.perrylandsplants.co.uk/brandshatch/Brands2.wmvClip 2(50mb)
http://www.perrylandsplants.co.uk/brandshatch/Brands3.wmvClip 3(42mb)http://www.perrylandsplants.co.uk/brandshatch/Brands4.wmvClip 4 (44mb)http://www.perrylandsplants.co.uk/brandshatch/Brands5.wmvClip 5(34mb)

The third one is well worth a watch as I was following AaronC around. One of my most enjoyable runs of the day until it was stopped.

Massive thanks to Aaron for hosting these.

Lee

Lee

BMW M2C

Ive not got the footage of our run fubar. Ran out of tape after the restart. Still a shame it was all cut short by my fuel takeup problem too. :oops:

Lee

BMW M2C

Cheers, it was nice to have some clear track and someone to follow who wasnt just in my way. lol

Nippy white cup

Nice vids m8....I really need to get to a few trackdays as they look so much fun...especially when they are quite quiet as that looked

Chris

Clio 182

Quote: Originally posted by Chris nnic on 08 May 2005

Nice vids m8....I really need to get to a few trackdays as they look so much fun...especially when they are quite quiet as that looked

Chris
It never seemed quiet when I went out :confused:

Nice vids - Interesting to see how it should be done! I shall re-watch them later for my next visit there :-D

Lee

BMW M2C

Cheers Chris.

Not so sure thats how it "should" be done Karen, but it always puts a smile on my face hooning around like that.

Clio 182

Quote: Originally posted by Lee on 08 May 2005

Cheers Chris.

Not so sure thats how it "should" be done Karen, but it always puts a smile on my face hooning around like that.
Well its more how it should be done that I did it!

on the grass? I didnt go on the grass, I used all the kerbs on the infield left hander, but no grass.

/y0z

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

Quote: Originally posted by y0z2a on 09 May 2005on the grass? I didnt go on the grass, I used all the kerbs on the infield left hander, but no grass.

/y0z

yeh u did... cant remember the corner name, but you go down paddock, up the hill, round the top corner down the other side and the corner at the bottom you went wide on entire drivers side went on the grass and kicked up dust...went a bit sideways and came off the grass after the curbing ends...

[Edited by MaLicE on 5/9/2005 4:01:51 PM]

Clio 182

Graham Hill bend was it?? Just where the paddock looked out over to the left, was well off the track...

there is green matting beyond the kerbs.

i went over the kerbs under the middle of the car most laps.

anyhow, well spotted from the car park malice.

anyhow, still dont remember it...

only big moment I had was on paddock hill bend with a slow coach going about 40 mph slower than me...

/y0z

[Edited by y0z2a on 5/9/2005 4:34:48 PM]

LOL - I remember being passengered out on the track when we passed Karen and Malice.

It was only the Sun gleaming off Malices piercing that gave away the identity :p

Lee

BMW M2C

Quote: Originally posted by y0z2a on 09 May 2005

only big moment I had was on paddock hill bend with a slow coach going about 40 mph slower than me...

/y0z

If you watch my first video there was a guy in a black 182 (not Tom) who braked far too early for Paddock Hill bend, then lifted and braked again as he cornered. After that he got a bit messy and finally let me past.

Mk2 172 (Silver)

i hate to think id hold people up so i just slow and let everyone behind me go past whenever i could...some i kind of caught up again lol. but it gave me a clear track most of the time lol.

Lee

BMW M2C

When I took Dave out I kept trying to let everyone go so I had some clear track, but as soon as we reached a bend they braked early and I was back with them. lol

Clio 182

Quote: Originally posted by y0z2a on 09 May 2005

/y0z

Sorry, was only saying... it just looked like a really big moment, and you didnt do that line any other time. Was quite early on in the morning.

dk

911 GTS Cab

before i download these as i am on 56k at the mo, is one of them the vid of you following me following Jon please?

thanks

Ford Fiesta ST2

Hello! My first post on this forum! I went to the brands day on friday with my friend who had the mk1 Silver V6. what a day. Weather turned out really well to.

Some great videos there lee. Just wondering if it would be possible for me to get my hands on a copy of brands4 but larger. You followed the Silver V6 for quite a while on that one. Not sure if it was me or my friend driving though.

Cheers

Alex

Lee

BMW M2C

No problem mate I can sort it out this evening if I get time. Ive still got the high quality version it all on my PC so Ill cut out the scene with you guys in and save it at a better quality.

I really need a faster PC with larger hard drive for video editing. lol

PM me this evening if you are on to remind me.

Great vids.

I had a great day on Friday. It was my first track day with my own car. I was really impressed with the good level of driving and the fact that no one had a major off.

Cheers
Morgan

Ford Fiesta ST2

I had a wicked day cheers. Have become a very large clio fan, was planning on getting one for my next car, only a 1.2, or a 1.4 though cos of insurance. I would love a 172 or 182, and even more so a V6! What a car!!!!

There were some very quick 172s and 182s at brands! Had anyone done anything really special to theirs, like turbo or anything?

Alex

172, Tiguan

lol, he mentioned the indemnity to me a few times, I never did sign it. Might go and make my millions now....