ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Breaking a Clio- are my figures ball-park?

Status
Not open for further replies.
  172DD Cup
i'm debating breaking my 172 cup and tried to guesstimate what stuff would go for. are these close to ball-park?

Jms inlets100
Ktec flush cat back150
solid top mounts80
pro race 1.2's 16"180
bumper + grills175
wishbones w/pflex 40
spoiler100
phase 1 airbox40
Rear shocks 1yr old50
Front shocks 1yr old50
doors50
side skirts30
engine would prob need cambelt200
gearbox rebuilt 1yr ago200
interior75
rear brake discs + pads <1yr50
all calipers50
badges15
bonnet50
ecu with fastchip remap + uch + 2 keys 75?

don't post asking for stuff you vultures, save it for if i start a breaking thread :rasp::cool:

thanks, kris

Guilietta 2.0 JTDM-2
Prices seem reasonable tbh. You'd be surprised how much of the car will actually sell (even all the smaller bits). You may even be able to ask a bit more for some things, obviously depending how quickly you want rid!

172DD Cup
Just out of interest, have you actually driven another cup to confirm that the steering 'issue' you have, isnt just a characteristic of the car?
James S and his buddy drove the car and agreed their was a problem, so it's not just me being funny :)

172DD Cup
Prices seem reasonable tbh. You'd be surprised how much of the car will actually sell (even all the smaller bits). You may even be able to ask a bit more for some things, obviously depending how quickly you want rid!
one thing thats tempting me to break it is that i wouldn't rule out another clio and having boxes of spares will always be handy

accept my offer/make me a counter offer and sell it to me whole!
bear with me caller :)

172DD Cup
i think i've had in mind that ebay stuff will have fees, p&p will be included. as i say ball park at the moment

172 cup
just broken my clio ph1,

Made my money back what i paid for it and have a cupboard full of spare parts, also just purchased a cup so some bits could be used if needed :)

sorry mate im a vulture but if you do break i need a rear bumper and bonnet

172 cup
local scrappy picked it up, they said they'd give me 50 quid to take as i had basically rinsed it and werent alot for them to sell on lol

172DD Cup
what did you leave in/on? only ask because if i do break it i don't want to strip it so much that there won't be anything left and they won't take it

172 cup
what did you leave in/on? only ask because if i do break it i don't want to strip it so much that there won't be anything left and they won't take it

basically the only thing i left in was the engine loom and the interior loom, carpets, all the rubbers, seat belts, wiper arms and motor, wings(were cracked) interior door cards(cracked), not a lot tbh.
sometimes they do say that they will pick it up but not give any cash, if mine wasnt stripped they would have give me around the 200 mark for the whole car, but as i removed most of it they said they'd give me 50 lol

Impreza Wagon
I think the prices seem fairly low, you should shift it all quickly. Personally I'd prefer to sell it hole and lose a small amount, breaking a car is a pain! (unless you have a nice warm garage)

172DD Cup
selling whole i stand to lose £500 based on just the items above
(car is currently up for £1200) so I could end up losing circa £800 if I don't break

ph1 track weapon
if youre good with spanners, have the storage space, and the perseverance then its worth breaking it really, but if you lack 1 of the above just stomach the loss and sell it i reckon

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
selling whole i stand to lose £500 based on just the items above
(car is currently up for £1200) so I could end up losing circa £800 if I don't break

Of course, you will make more money breaking a car, but its very much dependant on whether you can be bothered at this time of year.

In the summer its fine, but when its -4 outside, you need a heated garage.

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Perosnally I think you are jumping the gun breaking a Cup with what are fairly minor issues. If you have replaced what you say you have, pretty much everything in terms of suspension/steering components, and it still seems to have an issue then I'd get the actual geometry checked.

When did it last have a full alignment? Anything show up as untoward?

Also regarding the hesitation, which spark plugs did it have fitted? OEM ones or another brand/type? They are very sensitive to which plugs are fitted. Also investigate injectors....

ph1 track weapon
did see no mention of a geo check. although surely with all that work you wouldve done one?

to be honest, take the map off which should remove the hesitation, get the geo done (and hope that the issue isnt because its been unrecorded damaged) and should be good for £1500

172DD Cup
it had three hunter alignments last year after having different stuff replaced. regarding the map, unfortunately i made a boo-boo and sold the box too soon.

ph1 track weapon
didnt budgie fit the box? his works pretty good so cant see where he would of messed anything up

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
I know he wouldn't mess anything up. I trust his work completely......but he can't re do a geo!

Thats if it was him who did the gearbox....

ph1 track weapon
speaking to dave this avo he did apparently
obviously he cant do geo, but if it was my car and i had an issue like then i'd be getting it aligned as my first port of call!

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
If your going to break it, sell the stuff on ebay, way to many messers on here, i broke a car still had half of it in my shed 4 months later.. all parts people said they wanted then didnt get back to me.. All went in the scrap in the end

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
If your going to break it, sell the stuff on ebay, way to many messers on here, i broke a car still had half of it in my shed 4 months later.. all parts people said they wanted then didnt get back to me.. All went in the scrap in the end

This times 1 million.

I have given up selling stuff on here now, it goes on ebay or it goes in the bin.

The amount of dickheads i've had is unreal. ''yeah mate i''l take that, pm me your paypal.... '' Still not heard from them a month later.

Trafic 140dci
This times 1 million.

I have given up selling stuff on here now, it goes on ebay or it goes in the bin.

The amount of dickheads i've had is unreal. ''yeah mate i''l take that, pm me your paypal.... '' Still not heard from them a month later.
I'm in the middle of braking my car, i've had 2 people put there parts on now as because they didn't pay so i sold it to someone else, then got upset because they didn't get the items.

I'm finding the best bit about braking the car is when people come along and buy silly things like the aerial, or battery tray, both things i hadn't priced for so all extra money :D

I'll be putting all my parts on ebay at some point, but advertised on here while it's still being stripped so i'll sell as much as possible on here first as it is a lot easier than ebay :)

Clio MK2 1.4 16v
when my clio RSi was on it's last legs, i put it on ebay and only fetched £150.

I made £400 by selling bits of it and i could have got a lot more if i had the space to break it and store the parts.

330i. E30 Touring.
I removed the box on this one, couldn't see anything untoward.

If memory serves me, Kris fitted it back in himself...

172DD Cup
thanks for all the responses guys. i've decided to try my luck at selling it whole for £1400. £2k breaking it is tempting (plus i'll have a load of spares as i've not ruled out another clio. (i've just bought a leon cupra 180 but it's quite thirsty and, well, boring.)) i'm willing to take a few £-hundred drop vs breaking as the weather's not kind at the moment.

ollie, mike, i tried to reply last night on my phone but got hacked off with it. as mike says, he removed the box and i refitted it, and problem was the same after both the garage refitting it the first time and me refitting it the second. the problem would have likely started when i went over speed bumps at a million miles an hour (don't judge me fishfaces, i have my excuses/lies) and the driveshaft popped a hole in the gearbox casing.

172DD Cup
the geo issues? nothing before i popped the driveshaft, then been there ever since.
just realised that saying i drove really fast over speedbumps doesn't paint a great picture when trying to sell a car. it was a "moment" shall we say, and lesson learned.

Status
Not open for further replies.