ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Would it not of been easier to have a bonnet scoop on to the gear box? Or is there more to it?
Gives a bit to much of the game away mate with a bonnet scoop tbh, and with the carbon airbox, space is rather limited.
The idea with this is the air passing under the car is cool already and there's a great abundance of it to be fed to the relevant areas. Naca ducts are high flow, low drag as well.

Clio 172
Well for all the time and effort I hope it works, knowing what your works like it no doubt ably will.

You modding the PMS shifter in anyway or just fitting as is?

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Well for all the time and effort I hope it works, knowing what your works like it no doubt ably will.

You modding the PMS shifter in anyway or just fitting as is?
So do I mate! Lol! Unfortunately unless I put my GoPro in there, I don't think we will ever fully know!!

Only filling the rod with lead shot mate. Other than that, no not modding it at all.

Clio 172
So do I mate! Lol! Unfortunately unless I put my GoPro in there, I don't think we will ever fully know!!

Only filling the rod with lead shot mate. Other than that, no not modding it at all.

Was just interested as you wanted to stop it rattling, think the lead shot will be enough?

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Time for another update!! The time has finally come to make inroads into getting the mapping booked. No date has been set yet, but May could prove to be a entertaining month!

Also a big shout out goes to @nath&alex! I'm pleased to show off these bad boys!!
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
They're going to be finding their way to me next week, so I'll be getting them fitted as soon as they arrive.

I'm looking forward to having superior rear wheel bearing life from now on!

More to come.

nath&alex

ClioSport Club Member
Time for another update!! The time has finally come to make inroads into getting the mapping booked. No date has been set yet, but May could prove to be a entertaining month!

Also a big shout out goes to @nath&alex! I'm pleased to show off these bad boys!! View attachment 151269 View attachment 151270 View attachment 151271 View attachment 151272 They're going to be finding their way to me next week, so I'll be getting them fitted as soon as they arrive.

I'm looking forward to having superior rear wheel bearing life from now on!

More to come.

These look sexual if I do say so myself :hearteyes::kissingheart::yum:

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Seriously?! My last ones did, er tens of thousands of miles including many track days round Knockhill. Even when I had a faulty one in a megane I still made it 200 miles!

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Seriously?! My last ones did, er tens of thousands of miles including many track days round Knockhill. Even when I had a faulty one in a megane I still made it 200 miles!
Yep! Took it for mot after they'd been replaced and they had play in them by the time I arrived. Granted though, I think I damaged the stub axles at oulton and this caused premature failure.

nath&alex

ClioSport Club Member
EN24T stub axles = hard as nails
7075 T6 brackets = light as f**k

So a lighter setup (reduction in unsprung weight) which has stronger stub axles and a disc with a larger wheel bearing. Why wouldn't you?

Some people waste their money on pointless bits for their cars that have no real benefit. I like to spend my time and money engineering improvements that will help my car to be lighter, quicker, more robust and reliable

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Little update for everyone. Brembos now fitted up front, along with discs and braided hoses. New bottom spherical bearings fitted along with new rose jointed track rod ends. Rear brakes/stub axles stripped down in preparation for the new improved stub axles arriving next week.

Tomorrow is bleeding the brakes and refitting the front bumper. After that lots done it'll be time for a safe map to be done, then take it for mot.

After that it's mapping time. :cool:

More to come.

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Lol, that was my thought when I saw the picture, glad I scrolled down to see you clarified the cleaning issue !! looking good mate
It's not been washed since October 2014! Lol! Here's some proof that I used to wash and polish cars though!!
image.png
image.png
Intercooler gave too much away so I painted it black. Disguised the 440hp perfectly after that. Much entertainment had in this car, well in a straight line!

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200
It's not been washed since October 2014! Lol! Here's some proof that I used to wash and polish cars though!!View attachment 151615View attachment 151616Intercooler gave too much away so I painted it black. Disguised the 440hp perfectly after that. Much entertainment had in this car, well in a straight line!
nice mate......... i'll let you off anyway, that engines clean enough that no one will look at the car initially, initially mind! its not an excuse for ever lol!! :up::smile:

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
nice mate......... i'll let you off anyway, that engines clean enough that no one will look at the car initially, initially mind! its not an excuse for ever lol!! :up::smile:
Cheers. Couldn't bare to sell it so it was stripped with the assistance of @not normal dan, then scrapped.
Lol I ain't keeping the engine that clean!! If I can't reach it to wipe it with a cloth, tough s**t!

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Update time again!! The new rear stub axles and caliper brackets arrived today courtesy of @nath&alex.
The car was already stripped down ready to accept them so fitting took next to no time at all.
Stub and bracket on:
image.jpeg
Disc and caliper carrier on:
image.jpeg
And finally, lock wired the rear brake pad carrier:
image.jpeg
Here's a pic of the kit for the o/s:
image.jpeg
Got camber y0!
image.jpeg
Don't worry! This is just the wheel resting on the studs!!

The cup is now on the floor for the first time in around 12 months. The new stub axles have also given a bit more track width on the rear end.
image.jpeg
Tomorrow will see the cup seeing sunshine for the first time and getting a wash!
Might even polish it. Might!!

More to come.

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200
Update time again!! The new rear stub axles and caliper brackets arrived today courtesy of @nath&alex.
The car was already stripped down ready to accept them so fitting took next to no time at all.
Stub and bracket on:View attachment 151901Disc and caliper carrier on:View attachment 151902And finally, lock wired the rear brake pad carrier:View attachment 151903Here's a pic of the kit for the o/s:View attachment 151904Got camber y0!View attachment 151905Don't worry! This is just the wheel resting on the studs!!

The cup is now on the floor for the first time in around 12 months. The new stub axles have also given a bit more track width on the rear end. View attachment 151906Tomorrow will see the cup seeing sunshine for the first time and getting a wash!
Might even polish it. Might!!

More to come.
Yeah I'll believe it when I see it....... Lol, its getting there mate