ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Brembo 197/200 calipers behind 2118s.

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Just looking at going back to 4 pots on my 172, and have a couple of questions.

Has anyone fitted 2118 wheels over Brembo 4 pots? and if so how much did you have to machine off the calipers, and secondly do you need to run spacers to get the required space between wheel and caliper.

Thanks Fletch.

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Just looking at going back to 4 pots on my 172, and have a couple of questions.

Has anyone fitted 2118 wheels over Brembo 4 pots? and if so how much did you have to machine off the calipers, and secondly do you need to run spacers to get the required space between wheel and caliper.

Thanks Fletch.
What offset are your 2118's mate? The lower the offset, the easier it will be in terms of running a spacer.

I'm pretty sure someone on here has had the brembos and 2118's fitted without much hassle, but I can't remember who! @Cub. can you think who it could've been?

Keith185

ClioSport Club Member
Hi :) sorry for slow reply guys. Probably got all your answers now but my spec are 5mm machined off standard calipers with the 280mm setup brackets. I run et43 2118's and standard Trophy turinis of et45 with a 15mm spacer to be safe. No issues but iirc one of my 2118's wheel weight glance very lightly the caliper, no real issue other than repositon weight. Think theres scope to go down to 6mm spacer possibly with my setup but not tried yet so dont quote me on that haha.

Bendunn

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy #24 NimbusR27
Ive got these under 2118s i machined 5MM off and used a 15mm hubscentric spacers,
very tight but they fit! probly get away with 10mm spacers but i didnt want to risk it without the spigot