ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Britcar 24hr

On Thursday it was 50/50 whether I would be on an IV in Hospital this weekend, on Saturday I was at the Britcar 24hr (I had a ticket, I couldn't waste it!), so drugged up to the eyeballs on painkillers and antibiotics, I managed about 6 hours there. Didn't get the camera out much as I couldn't hold it for long, but just watching was absolutely amazing, spectacular (right from the start), sat in the stand watching at 11pm was just the most surreal thing. Weather was perfect, shame I couldn't stay for the whole thing as planned, but I got to see the start, sunset and a few hours of night so I can't complain.

As I write this, the Clio 197 is still going, 1st in class in 15th overall, superb performance.

376897045_zqSTP-L.jpg

376899212_LjXi5-L.jpg

376900476_TLsxa-L.jpg

376907924_5xSaz-L.jpg

376909533_mQwRq-L.jpg

376910001_ztPoS-L.jpg

376905925_LhXnS-L.jpg

376920165_dzPKU-L.jpg

376926828_htebf-L.jpg

376927203_vLLxf-L.jpg

376914660_TtvJY-L.jpg

376917365_GEFEf-L.jpg

376928883_KARGn-L.jpg

376930555_47CwC-L.jpg

376931961_yjqsF-L.jpg

376932332_LgNvZ-L.jpg

A few more here: http://www.chrisharrison.smugmug.com/gallery/6023215_Chwpk/1/376896686_DzNTV

Last edited by a moderator:
I just saw your 2 pics in the other thread and came into this section hoping to find more :D

Great pics as usual. I love the Aston one, 6th down!

Hope you feel better soon mate!

people i work for just been up there seein their son, hes one of the chief engineers for beachdeen. cars are bloody lovely, gets to drive their scubby as a company car!

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Great Pictures!

Is this the race that Topgear ran the Diesel BMW in a few series back?

i was part of the 197's pit crew im just home now and fooooked!!

amazing win for us, and amazing pics mate

clio looks so clean thanks to my cleaning products n skills ;)

i'll do a full write up tomo

Fiat Coupe 20vt
Awesome set Chris, brilliant pans as always and i love the dusk shots, that evening light really makes for cracking pictures. I think i'll definitely have to visit this next year, Silverstone at night looks really nice!

Hope you feel better soon too.

Cup Turbo, Flamer
the clio did NOT end up lookin like that ;)

Ah look who it is!!

Me and Mr welsharab were part of the clio 197 team over the weekend!!!

Only thing i can say was it was the most extreme and best feeling ever! We came first in class and 16th overall, qualified 42 out of 51 as well!

Alex H

ClioSport Club Member
That was an awesome weekend, was there Thurs-Sun, all dressed up in orange :) Driver of the TVR that crashed seconds into the race has a broken neck and is in a coma at the moment, so thoughts go out to him and his family.

That was an awesome weekend, was there Thurs-Sun, all dressed up in orange :) Driver of the TVR that crashed seconds into the race has a broken neck and is in a coma at the moment, so thoughts go out to him and his family.

Yep I heard earlier, the commentary mentioned a few times that he was fine so this was the first I had heard, I feel awful for posting crash pics (I've removed them from my webspace, still showing here for some reason though so I've asked a mod to remove them)

Golf

f**k me thoughts with him and the family

Turbos.
I'm sure its out of respect but shame i can't see see any pics or footage of the crash.

Wonder if he had a HANS device....

Hope he makes a full recovery.

I'm sure its out of respect but shame i can't see see any pics or footage of the crash.

Wonder if he had a HANS device....

Hope he makes a full recovery.

Vids are on the usual internet-video-depository-site, quite a few have been taken down though.

Lots of pics around but I think most people removed them when they realised how serious it was (as did I). At the actual event they seemed to gloss over it quite a bit, hence not many people realising it was so serious until today.

FF Blackgold 182
Stunning pics Chris! Gotta love the light trails! :) Shame to hear about the driver of the TVR tho. Hope he makes a full recovery, although it doesn't sound good! :dapprove:

all the drivers had HANS fitted in our team, so imagine others did yeh. off what i could see they did.

very doubtful they'd run a sagaris without

Alex H

ClioSport Club Member
So the two (three?) lads from here who were there, whose car was whose? I saw a Trophy with a numberplate that was made to look like TROPHY and a blue **03 BHP.

me n matty were in the car park on the left, when you pull up to the main gates so dubt u saw us although we were at the front... black meg and blue 197

M3 & Clio Cup racer
I turned to the dark side in the absence of my Clio being ready for the event and helped out the TGM Honda Integra. 11th overall and beat all th M3s!
Nice pics by the way - any chance of anymore of the TGM car?
There's always next year for my Clio, determined to get it up and running after such a good weekend.