ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Broken my car, brake fluid reservoir help

I started work yesterday changing the water pump, I would have been finished yesterday but the gasket slipped out of place so I had to remove it and re align it.

Many hours later I had fitted the pump, flushed the coolant out and fitted and tensioned the belt.

I was just ready to fill the car with coolant... I had the engine jacked up and down to get the pump and belt into place, although when lowering the engine finally brake fluid has pissed everywhere.

I cant work out if a pipe is cracked or the plastic reservoir is cracked, somehow the top of the res plug got caught under the jacking point and the back and lowering it had ripped it downwards.

I cant work out how to even solve the problem? I was almost there and then this happened.

Oh and its my birthday... what a s**t day :mad:

Having a look at a reservoir, the two out/inlets on the bottom... are the hoses flexible or ridged?

Quite a lot of fluid pissed out but the container holds a fair bit doesn't it?

I'm just hoping the fix isn't a big job?

What happens now I've let air in? or have I not if I just fit a new one and top up the reservoir?

RenaultClioSport20012005172182BrakeFluidReservoirBottleSensor_zps0cc0427a.jpg
[/URL]

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
If you'd have bought my RB, none of this would have happened.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Happy Birthday.

Got any brake cleaner? If you can, clean it all up properly, get a mate/your mum to push the pedal (slowly!) and you'll see where it's leaking from.

I have yeah, good idea, I was so fuming I couldn't think straight, after work tomorrow Ill remove the reservoir... how? and then look.

Thanks for the birthday wishes :)

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
If its the fulid reservoir then its not on the pressure side of the system.
I think the reservoir is just a push fit into the master cylinder. There should be 2 black O ring/grommet seals in the top which it just pushes into.

Happy birthday btw, its my sons 10th today.

Ok so if I can get my hand underneath it like I did today do they just pull off? Or are they metal ring clamped on?

Happy birthday to him :)

Cheers tony, seeing as I caught the lid and pulled the res down I hope its just popped off... or do you think its possible Ive cracked a pipe? res seems to sit much far forward to the front of the car than it has before...

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Give it a push down, the metal brake pipes should only bend if you was to hit one.

It's back on now, took a few pulls to get it out, inspected it, no damage, cleaned it, made sure it was bone dry then put it back,

It was fiddly like you said, hard to get the back tube in,

Filled with new fluid and eezibleed bled through a liter.

So glad it wasn't a huge repair bill !

Well it runs, I'm happy with that, seems the waterpump needed changing soon anyway, but the noise still exists, going to just leave it for a bit, then investigate a bit more.