ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Broken the 500hp barrier in the Megane!

RSTuning

ClioSport Club Member
  R35 GTR
Still on the stock ECU but with a boost controller to make it easier to turn down!
402434_315544861821314_202606226448512_877569_933960430_n.jpg

R26
Stock throttle body is tiny! Any gains for changing it on a stage 1'd megane?
Nice results btw.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Looks like a great torque curve that, must be VERY quick in the real world, even more so than the headline power figure suggests in fact.

How come you are only revving it to 6750 though? Looks like it would be worth hanging on a little longer?

Looks to me like its hit a flow restriction with how flat the power curve has gone, if so any idea what?

Very cool!

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
It looks like the stock intake and throttle body are stopping us at 511, i went up to 2.2 bar and it made 475lbft but the same power and knocked a little....

Ignore my question above, didnt read the whole thread before I replied, so didnt see you had already answered it.

RSTuning

ClioSport Club Member
  R35 GTR
What's the spec on this thing then?

Cams, injectors, forge cooler, intake pipe and piperx filter, built engine, GTX3071, tial flanged exhaust manifold, external bosch 044 pump with 2lt swirl pot.

I think thats about it

RSTuning

ClioSport Club Member
  R35 GTR
Looks like a great torque curve that, must be VERY quick in the real world, even more so than the headline power figure suggests in fact.

How come you are only revving it to 6750 though? Looks like it would be worth hanging on a little longer?

Looks to me like its hit a flow restriction with how flat the power curve has gone, if so any idea what?

Very cool!

I took it to 7k on that run chip, it's spinning as it comes on boost so making the run look short. It pulls to 7 and keeps revving to 7250 but as you see up top it's struggling.

If the tyres had not gone off i think it will post 525hp and 465lbft. They are rather sticky now but will be ok when it goes back on the road for a few miles.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I took it to 7k on that run chip, it's spinning as it comes on boost so making the run look short. It pulls to 7 and keeps revving to 7250 but as you see up top it's struggling.

If the tyres had not gone off i think it will post 525hp and 465lbft. They are rather sticky now but will be ok when it goes back on the road for a few miles.

Yeah its hit a breathing wall by the looks of it, so the more the revs climb the more the torque will drop so the BHP stays the same, but still worth having the extra RPM available for pulling out of bends without shifting etc.

Sounds like a right rocket ship.

If it revved to 7K though how come it doesnt register to 7K on the graph, were you relying on roller sync rather than using a pickup on the injector or spark leads etc?

RSTuning

ClioSport Club Member
  R35 GTR
Yeah its hit a breathing wall by the looks of it, so the more the revs climb the more the torque will drop so the BHP stays the same, but still worth having the extra RPM available for pulling out of bends without shifting etc.

Sounds like a right rocket ship.

If it revved to 7K though how come it doesnt register to 7K on the graph, were you relying on roller sync rather than using a pickup on the injector or spark leads etc?

I used a roller tacho :( I ran again on gate to check and it went to 7250, I'll have to strap it harder next time as it will 100% show more power if it grips properly

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I used a roller tacho :( I ran again on gate to check and it went to 7250, I'll have to strap it harder next time as it will 100% show more power if it grips properly

Ah well, its how it drives that matters most anyway, although I guess its a good advert for your company so worth getting the full figures out of it :)

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
come on baby lite my tires :approve:. pure awsomeness has provailed.

can't wait to see this beast fly down the road :clap: