ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Brothers cherry red 106 gti project

Golf GT TDI
Thought this might intrest some of you guys on here.

my brother picked up this 106 gti on thursday off an elderly woman who had recently bought a new ford ka and wanted rid of her little gti.

she had owned it since 1999, got it when it was a year old

its in a bit of a neglected state at the moment, needs a bloody good clean inside and out (being done tomorrow) but for £350 what do you expect lol

tax and mot until next year, all hpi clear and 100% standard.
its got a genuine tow bar and old crazy stickers etc which will be removed

its quite rare being cherry red and a non sunroof model!!!

anyway here are some pics of it today, will get some after we have worked our magic on it

DSC00658.jpg

DSC00659.jpg

DSC00660.jpg

DSC00661.jpg

DSC00662.jpg

DSC00671.jpg

All washed ready for its vallet
DSC00669.jpg

DSC00673.jpg

Max power belonged to an old dear? sure you didn't have your c**k pulled? As for the towbar that would be enough to make me walk away.

Golf GT TDI
I know it sounds cheap, but that looks dog rough!!

diamond in the rough;)

it does need a good clean, drives nice and straight with no rot at all.

few chips, small car park dents and one fog light looks like a gold fish bowl.

Flame Red Delight
good work there mate, whats up with the rear bumper on the plastic trim ?

p.s nice focus rs ;)

Mondeo TDCI 130
Looking good, thats dirt cheap!! I would have had it for that money no doubt!!! I see the old cup! :)

Mondeo TDCI 130
I was in the new cup yesterday!! There cracking motors, and the GTI is!!! Mine was meant to be a cheap second car..... spent over a grand on it! lol.

Golf GT TDI
yes i sold it, gaz kev bought it for his gf! And was in his new cup! Put a dephaser on it!

ah right so you still get to work in it then:approve:

yeh his new one looks real mint, saw it in the projects.

guess you will be fitting his h&r`s lol

Renaultsport
it came up mint! :cool: it needs to be sorted for the next moors trip!

Looking good, thats dirt cheap!! I would have had it for that money no doubt!!! I see the old cup! :)

the cups still going strong! yours is looking good on its winter wheels! im gonna keep an eye on gaz-kevs new cup to is it gonna end up going the same route as his old one?

306 gti6
My 106! It did come up well with a bit of time and care, the best way to spend £350 without involving coke and hookers.