ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BTB 172 stealth... mmm, yes please!

Si

RS Clio 172
hmmmm, i love my OMP Inox but this is mega tempting, would like to hear it first though. I will await the website going live with the vids!

Clio 172 RS2
No vid yet of that deep rumble to be heard?

Stealth boxes are the way forward!

BTB works looks excellent! Fitment & welding...

shiftspark

ClioSport Club Member
  R53 GR86
Ok fellas I have booked my ph1 172 in for BTB to fit a system to mine and as they will be using mine as a template for the ph1's I get free fitting !!
It's not until 18th feb as they are very busy so I will take plenty of pics and a vid and put them on my blog.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Think when my oem falls off this will be where my £££ will go. Loved the one on my 182

Renaultsport Clio 172 Cup
its great if you like the hidden look, however i prefer to see an exhaust. imo obvs. but as long as you like it! get some vids up!

Sprint 172
The videos have been added to the site now. www.stealth4clio.co.uk Wasn't much noise to record and we ended up using an external microphone to try and get the best sound possible. Hope this helps. I can only apologise for the lifter/injector/dephaser (delete as applicable) noise on the outside recording. I think a trip to Fred is on the cards soon!

RenaultSport Clio 172
Interesting!

Nice stealth fit, and very subtle sound as well.

@ VecBTB: Where does it bolt to? Directly to the headers, or to the Catalytic Converter?
is it 2.5" all the way through?
Any plans to do a back-to-back test with a stock system and one of these systems to do a before/after comparison of torque and power?

Sprint 172
Interesting!

Nice stealth fit, and very subtle sound as well.

@ VecBTB: Where does it bolt to? Directly to the headers, or to the Catalytic Converter?
is it 2.5" all the way through?
Any plans to do a back-to-back test with a stock system and one of these systems to do a before/after comparison of torque and power?

Bolts directly to the cat. There is a Pro-Cat 100cell sports cat available if you have the cash. Yes, 2.5" throughout. As soon as an opportunity lands itself, they will do some performance comparisons - but they are very busy at the moment.

RenaultSport Clio 172
thanks for the quick reply!

Being all the way down here in Australia, it's very hard for us to see/look at products before buying them and shipping them over, hence it never hurts to ask a few questions!

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
think this will be on the purchase list sometime this year, annoyingly my std system looks like its got plenty of life left in it!

renault clio 172 cup
Just ordered one of these myself £349. Well impressed with the look of the photo's. They are fitting an exhaust to a Phase 1 172 on the 18th Feb

renault clio 172 cup
I have just purchased a BTB stealth for my 172 cup and am pleased with it, although i have found it to be a little bit on the loud side between 40 and 60 mph and when accelerating past 80mph, there seems to be a lot of noise inside the car at these speeds. I was expecting it to be a little quieter, but would it quiten down once it has a few miles under it's belt due to coking up???

Sprint 172
I have just purchased a BTB stealth for my 172 cup and am pleased with it, although i have found it to be a little bit on the loud side between 40 and 60 mph and when accelerating past 80mph, there seems to be a lot of noise inside the car at these speeds. I was expecting it to be a little quieter, but would it quiten down once it has a few miles under it's belt due to coking up???

I have answered my thoughts on this in your other post.