ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Buckets comfortable enough to do 250 mile journeys in with no stops

As above i'm thinking of removing my rear seats and going for a set of buckets and harnesses but due to the fact i'l drive the car to the North East i need something that's not going to break my back within 80miles, Been looking at Bimarco Futura's, Sparco Evo 2, Sparco Rev, Cobra Monaco and OMP TRS

I'm sure a few of the lads that go to the ring in cars with Buckets would be able to help me out so fire over any suggestions i may have misses, DON'T want any big rap around jobs tho

Dont know about the others but NOT the monacos. Unless there should've been a decimal point somewhere in your distance

yeah i was thinking they'd be the last on the list as they look like they've just slapped abit of material straight over the seat

172 cup RS2 - 330ci
that's what i was thinking, won't be this month unfortunately as im already around £900 ish in bits this month that aren't even fitted yet lol

He knocked a little off the price for me, message him when the time comes

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Worst thing about bucket seats in a clio is getting them to sit in a decent enough position, from what I've had in the past go for custom mounts on a bimarco seat and get it sitting further enough back then you're onto a winner

Pauleds

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc Dueliner sport
Dont know about the others but NOT the monacos. Unless there should've been a decimal point somewhere in your distance

This!! They are shockingly uncomfortable seats - used them for one night to do one road rally and then they were gone!!

I had Cobra Imola 2's for years and they were great seats. Currently got Carbon Sparco Revs which are comfortable but perhaps a bit too rigid in comparison to fibreglass ones which did seem to flex a bit more

Worst thing about bucket seats in a clio is getting them to sit in a decent enough position, from what I've had in the past go for custom mounts on a bimarco seat and get it sitting further enough back then you're onto a winner

was thinking of doing it properly with weld i n rails so i can get them exactly where i need them, as you'll know i'd need it quite far back as i have the standard seat as far back as it will go, i know they seemed too close in your BG that had the Monaco's in and can remember you saying about the Bimarco in the cup needing to be further back

Breamy

ClioSport Club Member
Driven to the ring twice in my sparco EVO 2s found them better on long journeys than the trendlines in my old megane

I drove to cornwall in Monacos - 8hrs. I literally couldn't straighten my back or stand at the end of it
It's like sitting on a piece of metal - might as well be no material

My bimarcos are one of the comfiest bucket seats I've driven in. Done a few hundred miles in them without stopping no issues at all

DB.

BMW 440i
Just enjoy the comfort from the standard ones, I regretted putting Recaros in mine

XC90, 330d, Trophy’s
Why are you fitting buckets?
​is it just for the look you want, or do you actually do trackdays to warrant having them?

172, Tiguan
Most comfortable bucket seat i've ever had was a GT width Corbeau Revolution. I did thousands of miles in that and never felt uncomfortable. No good for the ring anymore though.

XC90, 330d, Trophy’s
Most comfy I had were my old OMP Pista Carbon Kevlar seats.
i loved them but sold them on when I broke my Escos.
the bimarcos I now have seem pretty comfy, but so far I haven't sat in them for longer than 15-20 minutes at a time.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
I just find bucket seats a little ridiculous on a road car now.

Don't get me wrong, ive been there and undone my racing harness when pulling in at Tesco for a pint of milk but looking back, I feel a huge sense of embarrassment.

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
I've had the standard recaros in my car now for 60,000 mile and they are the best thing be ever bought for it.

I used to do 700 mile a week to London and back and they where so supportive and comfy.

A few people say you slide around in them but I've never found a problem and I've done trackdays in them to!!

XC90, 330d, Trophy’s
I just find bucket seats a little ridiculous on a road car now.

Don't get me wrong, ive been there and undone my racing harness when pulling in at Tesco for a pint of milk but looking back, I feel a huge sense of embarrassment.

Exactly, this is why I asked if he has a real need for bucket seats.

DB.

BMW 440i
Also my thoughts, I sold mine after a months owning them and feeling like a tw*t

(including them being less comfortable)

Hopefully getting another car towards the end of the year and doing some trackdays so this would just be a w.end/track toy as I originally planned on a Evo as a w.end toy and the cup as a daily but depending on the outcome of something I'm now waiting to hear the cup will be getting left as is when all parts I've bought and fitted and then going a journey 2 make way for another/other commitments..cheers for the input tho lads

On my Blackberry so is spelling's crap that is why

Clio 172
I've got the imola pros from cobra and I haven't got anything bad to say about them. I find them more than comfy enough for longish journeys.

Clio 172 cup
My cobra imola pros are very comfy, and pole positions are even better if you can stretch to them.

cjgower

ClioSport Club Member
My cobra imola pros are very comfy, and pole positions are even better if you can stretch to them.

Same here. Cobra Imola are pretty supportive and dont give me any problems. Although after a while my bum can go dead, not every time though. But I got that even in the standard seats anyway

KTM 990 SD / S60 D5
I have Cobra Suzuka pros and find them very comfy, get a bit of a numb bum on very long trips, but this can be said of most standard seats to be fair.