ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

budget insurance rip off artists

well just got off the phone from budget.

Am now with hic so wanted to cancel the policy with budget, I have four months left with them and 4 installments of £60, but to cancel they want £171.

I really cant believe it, then they had the cheek to call me and do a customer satisfaction survey staright after, they got some nice answers.

So there you go, HIC way to go, avoid budget like the plague , words cannot explain how low these people really are.

320d M Sport

its not them its the actual insurance companies, they will take a cancellation fee and often your lucky to get anything back over a certain time period.

Its the same as if you took out a policy for 1 week and cancelled it, it would cost you a fortune, HIC are just brokers remember, some Insurers are more giving than others.

Same with all companies mate.

I was once told on the phone to Adrian F(l)ux that I could cancel a couple of weeks after starting if I found a better deal and just pay what Id used.

But nooooooooo. What they actually meant was I could phone up to cancel and theyd demand about £300 off me for two weeks cover.

Bunch of *****.

Hence Im never going with them ever again and I warn all the rest of you against them! As well as Gap alarms as they screw your electrics then say we cant have done that but well have a look and itll cost you £70 if its not our fault." Which, of course, it wouldnt be...

:mad:

Im even unsure about HIC as they wont give you anything written til you take out cover, putting you in the same situation that Adrian F(l)ux put me in!

hic are half the price though with all mods declared.

bit of a difference, were cheaper than adrian flux too.

STICKER TWONK

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf GTi DSG

Id have to agree with White16valver, Flux are a terrible terrible company. Took ages to get through to someone who was then not exactly polite on the phone, it took them 6 months to send out my documents after repeated phone calls and when I come to renew they wanted 200 quid more then I paid last year, even tho Id made no claims, no convictions, no points and the car was identical, needless to say I didnt renew, they rang me up and said if you can find a cheaper quote well match it. They wanted a little over a grand to renew, after a phonecall to Liverpool Vic they wanted £565, so I rang Flux and told them, they said theyd have to ring me back, sure enough 10 minutes later then rang, errrrr sorry, well need proof of that quote, told them I had a ref number they could check with, no we need written proof.

Vics been very curtise on the phone when Ive had to ring them regarding windscreen repairs, basically telling me to get it all repaired and theyll cover the cost with no effect to my premimum or no claims, my documents came within 2 days and at nearly half the price of Flux, Im a very happy man!!

320d M Sport

Yeah they seem quite good LVic. No company will withold NCD due to a windscreen claim, and remember , your certificate is a legal document, if youve paid for it you have a right to see it and keep it.